Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 48: Atlantis

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57750.0 - One of the Raptors we sent to search for the Atlantis has found it

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Number Six - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-17 - 1700 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

I do not own Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica or or Sea Hunt

Chapter 48: Atlantis

Uncharted system - 100 light years beyond the former 12 colonies

The Raptor jumped into the system, appearing on the inner edge of the Ort cloud. As soon as they appeared, Jak ‘Crash’ Ryan activated the sensors and began scanning the system.

“Eleven planets . . .three asteroid belts . . .” said Crash as he looked as the screen. “Hold it! Something just jumped into the system! . . . Colonial transponder . . it’s a Raptor.”

“Exiting stealth mode, turning on colonial transponder,” said Juli ‘Glider’ Birak, before turning on the radio and broadcasting. “Unknown Raptor this is Raptor 246, please copy.”

“Raptor 246, this is Raptor 135,” said a female voice. “Where are you? I can’t find you anywhere on DRADIS.”

“We are in the Ort cloud,” replied Glider. “May were approach closer?”

“Sure. Go ahead,” said the voice of Raptor 135.

Crash activated their jump drive and they jumped into the asteroid belt, midway through the system near where Raptor 135 was.

“Alright, I see you now,” said Raptor 135. “Who are you? where did you come from?“

“I’m Juli Birak, but my call sign is: ‘Glider’ because I nailed my first landing so well. With me is Jak Ryan, whose call sign is ‘Crash’. So he is never allowed in the pilot’s seat. We’re from the Battlestar Galactica.”

“Galactica!?! You mean there’s another Battlestar out there!?! We thought we were the last of the human race!” said Raptor 135

“Who is we?” asked Glider.

“Oh! This is: Sharon Valerii. My call sign is ‘Heartbreaker’. With me is: Jef Rinz or ‘Bruiser’. We’re from the Battlestar Atlantis.”

“Nice to meet you, Heartbreaker,” said Glider. “Do you think you could take us to Atlantis?”

“Sure, no problem,” replied Heartbreaker. “Sending jump co-ordinates now.”

“Thanks, see you at Atlantis,” replied Glider.

After they jumped, there was some alarm on the part of the Commander, as Raptor 135 had led these strangers right to them. And Raptor 246 glided into the landing bay, following Raptor 135, a pair of Vipers had flown escort to make sure they were going where they were supposed to. But Glider came in for a perfect landing. After the Raptors had ben moved to the Hanger Bay, Glider and Crash exited their Raptor. They had their old Federation uniforms on under their Colonial Flight suits. As soon as they were out, a model Eight Cylon in a Colonial flight suit walked over to them and offered her hand.

“Hi, I’m Sharon, nice to meet you,” said Heartbreaker.

“It’s good to see you again too,” replied Glider. “I’m a friend of your twin sister.”

“I don’t have any sisters,” replied Heartbreaker. “You must be mistaken.”

“You’ll see. . .” replied Glider. “And you can call me Juli.”

Stepping away from the Raptors, Glider saw that there were some Colonial officers, a priest and a couple of squads of marines waiting for them. As they walked closer, Glider recognized two of the marines as being a model Three and a model Six. There was a female Human in a Commander’s uniform. The other officer was a model Five and the Priest beside the Commander was a model One. Behind the marines and off to the side was the deck crew and if she wasn’t mistaken, the deck chief appeared to be a model Two.

“I’m very glad to learn there’s another Battlestar out there! I thought we were the last 15,000 humans in existence! I’m Commander Brenda Sterns. This is my XO, Major Doral, our ship’s Chaplain, Father Cavell. So where is the Galactica, anyway.”

“At Kobol,” replied Glider. “We had 50,000 in our fleet when the Colonies first fell. The Cylons hunted us for years. Then we met some aliens that helped us make peace with the Cylons. Now the Humans of Kobol and the Cylons and several alien races have come together in a Federation, with Kobol as its’ capital. It’s all here in this letter from the Admiral. There’s also a video version.”

“Aliens! There’s no such thing as aliens,” scoffed Commander Sterns, as she opened the letter and read. Doral and Cavell tried to read over her should without being obvious about it. When she finished the letter she asked: “Is this true? Did you really make peace with the Cylons?”


“It’s true,” confirmed Glider. “Though it looks like you’ve already made your own peace with the Cylons.”

“What do you mean?” asked Sterns.

“You’ve surrounded yourself with all these Cylons,” said Glider, as she gestured all around the room.

“I think you are mistaken,” replied Sterns. “Every Centurion or Raider we’ve encountered, we’ve destroyed.”

“You mean you don’t know!?!” gasped Glider. “You really don’t know?”

“Know what?” asked Sterns.

“The Cylons look like us now,” explained Glider. “They made infiltration models that look Human, that are Human. Look, he’s a model One, he, back there, is a model Two. She’s a model Three. He’s a model Five, She’s a model Six. “She’s a model Eight. I don’t see any model Fours here, but most of them are in medicine. Do you have a doctor named Simon?”

Commander Sterns brought her hands to cover her mouth and backed away.

“NO! “That’s not true!” yelled Heartbreaker, as she stomped forward. “I’m not a frakin’ toaster! I’m a real woman!”

“I’m afraid it is, my dear,” replied Cavell.

“How can this be true?” asked Sterns. “If you’re Cylons, why have to been so loyal to me all these years? You’ve had so many opportunities when you could have taken out the ship or the whole fleet.”

“We were undercover, our orders were to report on your activities, but do nothing to hinder you,” said Cavell. “Being unswervingly loyal to you was part of our cover.”

“What about her?” asked Sterns. “Why is she denying it?”

“Because she doesn’t know she’s one of us;” replied Cavell. “She’s a sleeper agent. She’s programed not to know her true nature.”

“No! No! No! No!” Heartbreaker was hugging herself and rocking back and forth.

“Sharon? Sharon! Listen to me,” said Glider, as she grabbed the model Eight by the shoulders. “It’s all right to be a model Eight Cylon. Model Eights are pioneers. I’ve known a couple of them. There’s one, Sharon Agathon, who was the first Cylon to marry a human. She’s had two children with him. The first Cylon ever to give birth. Another I knew was like you. She thought she was human too, until the first time she died and was downloaded. When she thought she was human, she called herself Sharon Valerii too. But now she called herself Boomer Eight, after her Galactica call sign and her model number. She’s currently married to an alien woman that looks human they have a daughter together.”

“How can they have children if I’m a machine?” sobbed Heartbreaker.

“Because you’re Human,” replied Glider. “Human form Cylons are Human with some cybernetic parts added. But if you make a baby with a regular Human, your child will be pure Human with half her genes coming from you. Even the Centurions are Human. They all have the memories and personality of a Human woman named Zoe Graystone. That’s why they were so angry we enslaved them. All Cylons are Human and are considered full members of our Federation.”

“In light of that, I would like to re-affirm my loyalty to you Commander,” said Doral.

“Me too!” said the model Three who was a marine.

One by one the Cylons Each re-affirmed their loyalty to Commander Sterns, until only Heartbreaker was left, She stepped away from Glider and addressed everyone.

“An hour ago, I thought I was a human named Sharon Valerii who was loyal to the Commander and crew of this ship. Now, . . . although I may be a Cylon by creation, I still think of myself as Sharon Valerii, I’m still Human and I’m still loyal to this ship!”

“Thank you all;” said Commander Sterns. “Thank you my friends, who I now know to be Cylons. You’re still my friends. And . . . I think I need to see the video version the Admiral’s letter.


Deep Space - Battlestar Atlantis - Commander’s Office

After watching the tape with her two closest advisors, Doral and Cavell, Commander Sterns had asked for some time to think for a while. Finally she called them and the two from Galactica back into her office.

“So what happens next?” asked Sterns.

“Well, we have a subspace transceiver on our Raptor,” said Glider. “You could talk to the the Admiral on it yourself. Your civilians could come settle on Kobol or even go back to the Colonies if they want. As for your ship, I’m not sure where the Admiral will want to post the Atlantis. But He’ll probably want it upgraded first.”

Deep Space - Battlestar Atlantis - Commander’s Office

“You asked to see me? asked Commander Sterns.

“Yes Commander,” said Heartbreak. “I’ve been thinking about those other Cylons, the ones that look like me. I’d like to meet them, talk to them, find our who I am. If you’re going to go to Caprica first, I’d like to request a leave of absence so I can go back to Kobol with Glider and Crash. I can rejoin you there and report on what I’ve found at the time.

“I see . . . . Request granted” said Sterns.


Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57750.0 - One of the Raptors we sent to search for the Atlantis has found it and its’ civilian fleet. The Raptors have been recalled. Commander Sterns, now Captain, has accepted my authority and her ship wants to investigate the former Colonies to see with her own eyes if our peace with the Cylons is real.
The only remaining unfound ship is the Icarus, a small Destroyerstar ship. The Cylons have not seen it since it disappeared. It’s out there somewhere . . .
Sign up to rate and review this story