Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 49: Qo’nos

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57761.1 - We have arrived at Qo’nos, the home world of the Klingon race.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-17 - 1880 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

I do not own Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica or or Babylon 5

Chapter 49: Qo’nos

Captain’s log, Stardate 57761.1 - We have arrived at Qo’nos, the home world of the Klingon race. Our scans confirm what a previous visit from a Raider told us. There are no signs of any industrial or advanced civilization present. Commander Worf will be leading a landing party to investigate the planet further. The Landing Party will consist of himself, Lieutenant Gran, Doctor Salar, and Ensign Mao.


Qo’nos

The transporter beam materialized four figures in the forrest. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground. Worf and Doctor Salar had their full uniforms on, including the jackets. Gran and Mao were comfortable in just their old uniforms. After they had finished transporting, Lieutenant Gran pulled out his tricorder and started scanning.

“The village should be in this direction,” said Lieutenant Gran. “Hang on . . . I’m reading a life form . . . and he’s not Klingon.”

“I’ll scout ahead and check it out,” said Ensign Mao.

A confirming nod from Commander Worf was all he needed before sprinting off in that direction with cat-like grace.

He had not made it far into the forrest of plants that appeared to be this world’s analog to coniferous trees before he spotted his quarry. It appeared to be a human dressed in fur pants, boots and parka, clutching a javelin. On his back, in a quiver, were two more of them.

“What are you?” asked the Human.

“I’m a traveler from a distant land,” replied Ensign Mao. “My name is Mao.”

“Karn, of the Riga Clan of the Sintahri” he replied, patting his chest. “And I greet you in the name of the Great Maker.”

“If we’re naming ties, then I am Ensign Mao of the Kzin people of the Argos Clan of the Federation Tribe,” said Mao. “I Have some more people from my tribe near by. Would you like to meet them?”

“Yes, I would meet your people of the fedirajshun tribe,” agreed Karn.

Ensign Mao led his new friend back through the forrest until they had reached the landing party. Karn took one look at Worf and snarled:

“XON! It was all a Xon trap! You tricked me!” yelled Karn, before stabbing Mao in the chest with his javelin. He reached behind him and threw another one at Worf, who dodged it, and stunned him with his phaser.

Doctor Salar rushed forward to examine the Security Officer.

“It is in his heart,” announced Doctor Salar, before tapping her com-badge. “Salar to Argos, two for emergency beam out directly to sick bay.”

Salar and Mao vanished in a transporter beam.

Lieutenant Gran stepped forward and scanned the stunned being with his tricorder.

“He may look human, but he’s a completely different species,” observed Lieutenant Gran. “He’s hiding under that parka what look like tentacles. Have you ever heard of anything like this?”

“Only legends . . . fairy tales about creatures called the Kintah,” replied Worf. “They were said to abduct Klingon women who had loose morals and forcibly mate with them. In some of the stories they would mate with six Klingon women at once. But those are just fairy stories! The Kintah can’t be real!”

“He apparently doesn’t know he’s a mythical character,” replied Lieutenant Gran. “But judging from the quality of his weapons, I’d say he’s a stone age mythical character.”

Just then, the transporter beam brought some replacements, The EMH Doctor and Ensign Tarsa.

“Please state the nature of the medical emergency,” said The Doctor, on first arriving.

“It’s not an emergency,” stated Worf. “But we need this stunned man awoken, so that we can interrogate him.”

“You’re not going to torture him, are you?” protested The Doctor. “Because my programming will not allow me to be a part of that.”

“I just want to ask him a few questions,” replied Worf. “However, he became violent on first seeing me. After you revive him, we’ll have to restrain him until we can persuade him not to attack us as he did Ensign Mao.”

“Very well,” said The Doctor, as he pulled out a hypospray.

“Wait!” commanded Worf. “Ensign Tarsa, Lieutenant Gran, hold him down so he can’t attack after The Doctor revives him.”

The Rigilian and Andorian each grabbed a shoulder and elbow to hold him down while The Doctor applied his hypospray. The prisoner quickly revived.

“Are you going to eat me now, Xon?” yelled Karn as he struggled against the two holding him down.

“No,” replied Worf. “We just want to ask you a few questions. You called me Xon. What does that mean?”

“Xon, short for Keenxon, the savage people that hunt my people down and eat them!” snarled Karn. “It’s what you are! You hate us because your male attributes are inadequate and your women prefer us, with our great big male attributes!”

“Are there any of these ‘Xon’ nearby?” asked Worf.

“You already know you have a raiding camp near here from which you send out hunting packs to kill us!” snarled Karn.

“We are not from around here,” replied Worf. “We’re from a distant land. If we release you, can you show us this Xon raiding camp?”

“I will only agree to do it if you will promise to let me go as soon as I have shown it to you,” replied Karn.

“Agreed,” replied Worf.

After he was released, Karn led them the opposite way from which he had come, to a large clearing with a hill in the center of it. On top of the hill were some primitive lean-toos and a group of Klingons singing hunting/war songs, wrestling and mating in the open. Nothing visible looked more advanced than stone age technology. As soon as the camp was in sight, Karn started running away. Ensign Tarsa started to go after him but Worf warned him off.

“Let him go!” whispered Worf. “He did as he promised.”


Qo’nos orbit - USS Argos - Bridge

“Captain, scanners show a fleet of ships entering the system at Warp 4,” reported Lieutenant Schist.
“How many ships are in this fleet?” asked Captain Data.

“There appear to be . . . 128 of them,” replied Lieutenant Schist. “And they appear to be on an attack vector for us.”

“Red Alert. Raise shields,” ordered Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim, who was acting as 1st officer.

“Hail them,” ordered Data. “This is the USS Argos from the United Federation of Planets. Our intentions are peaceful. Are you willing to open a dialog?”

“We are receiving a reply from the fleet Captain,” reported Lieutenant Solon. “Audio only.”

“On speaker,” commanded Data.

“This is Warlord Krag,” said a voice. “Our invasion fleet claims your planet in the name of the Ena Empire. You will lower your shields and surrender or you will be destroyed.”

“We are being targeted by 30 of their ships,” reported Lieutenant Schist.

“Evasive pattern Data 2, Full impulse,” ordered Data.

“They are firing photon torpedoes,” reported Lieutenant Schist.

The ship shook twice as two of them managed to directly hit the shields.

“Two direct hits. Shields down to 83%,” reported Lieutenant Schist.

“We can not retrieve the landing party without lowering the shields,” mused Data, out loud, to himself. “Send a Raptor to make a micro jump into the planet’s atmosphere. They are to retrieve the landing party and will rendezvous with us later.”

They have us surrounded on all sides,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “There is no available escape route.”

“Seems like you could use some help,” said Count Iblis, a middle-aged man wearing a toga, who had just appeared on the Bridge, standing in front of the view screen. “I can get you out of this. . . . All you need do is swear fealty to me!”

“Activating anti-Q measures,” reported Kim.

“No! Don’t!” protested Count Iblis, just before the subspace horn activated. He reacted to it by screaming and fading away.

“Lieutenant Schist, target all photon torpedo tubes, each to a different ship,” commanded Data. “Also target all phasers, each to a different ship.”

“Aye sir,” replied Lieutenant Schist.

“Lieutenant Commander Kim, I would like you to write a quick program tying in the weapons, engines, shields, and cloak systems,” commanded Data. “As soon as the Raptor has cleared the the Hanger Bay, We will perform a Picard maneuver, going to warp for one second, then fire all weapons, then drop the shields and activate the phasing cloak. As soon as the cloak is active, take the ship to warp, any vector.

“Aye Captain,” replied Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim.

“But sir, if one of those photon torpedoes explodes inside us while are cloaked, the radiation will still fry us,” protested Lieutenant Pram, as the ship shook from another hit.

“Shields at 67%” reported Lieutenant Schist.

“I understand that Lieutenant. But it is a risk we shall have to take,” replied Data, as another photon torpedo hit them.

“Shields at 43%” reported Lieutenant Schist. “Raptor away.”

“Activate,” ordered Data.

As the ship was momentarily at warp, the Argos appeared to be in two places at once. The second version gave off a massive weapons discharge and then the Argos seem to be destroyed to Ena eyes.

From the viewpoint of the crew of the Argos, it appeared they were passing through the Ena ships. Quickly they had passed through the ships and were safely at warp.


Qo’nos

Before the landing party could approach the Klingons, the screaming of the Raptor’s engines threw the Klingon Camp into a frenzy as that all lunged for their weapons and prepared to face whatever was making that sound.

To Worf’s astonishment, the Raptor landed in the clearing with the door facing the landing party. On the other side of the Raptor, the Klingons were throwing javelins at the Raptor. On this side, the door opened and the Caitian Ensign Tabi waved for them to get in. The landing party rushed forward and entered the Raptor.

“What do you think you are doing!” scolded Worf. “This is a major violation of the Prime Directive!”

“An invasion Fleet just arrived,” answered Lieutenant Boomer Eight from the pilot’s seat, while Ensign Tabi frantically tried to get the computer to calculate jump coordinates. “They’re about to see a lot more advanced tech than a Raptor.”

When they reached the edge of the atmosphere, one of the Ena ships fired a photon torpedo at them, they were able to jump away just in the nick of time before in hit them.


Captain’s log, Stardate 57762.2 - We have rendezvoused with the Raptor containing the landing party and they have given their report. The Ena are known from archeology as the race that conquered the Klingons for a time, until Kortar led a successful rebellion and drove them from their world. It is believed that contact with the Ena set the Klingons in their path to being a warrior race. However, the Sintahri were not known to have existed in Klingon prehistory, except in fanciful legends of the Kintah.
Starfleet Command has given us orders to proceed to the planet Mars where we may be needed in to aid in fleet action against the Skrrr.
Sign up to rate and review this story