Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 50: Battlestar Atlantis comes to Caprica

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57762.3 - We’re about to jump to Caprica,

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Number Six - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-18 - 2152 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

I do not own Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica or Gilligan’s Island

Chapter 50: Battlestar Atlantis comes to Caprica

Captain’s log, Stardate 57762.3 - (still can’t get use to this new dating system) We’re about to jump to Caprica, where we’ll find out whether or not the peace with the Cylons is real, or if this is all just an elaborate Cylon trick. I’m still having difficultly trusting my inner circle of officers, all of whom turned out to be Cylons in disguise.


Caprica orbit - Battlestar Atlantis - C&C

“Jump completed,” reported Lieutenant Filip.

“DRADIS contact!” reported Lieutenant Grakus. “I count 10 Cylon Base ships and one ship of unknown configuration. All ships have Federation transponders.”

“I guess we’re about to find out if this Federation is real,” mused Captain Brenda Sterns.

“Hold on! Another ship has appeared on DRADIS,” reported Lieutenant Grakus. “Federation transponder, but a different unknown configuration from the first one.”

“Commander- I mean, Captain, we are being hailed,” reported Lieutenant Pompey. “It’s one of the Base ships.”

“I’ll take it here,” commanded Sterns, as she lifted the receiver to her ear. “This is Atlantis Actual.”

“Hello! You must be Captain Sterns!” said a voice that sound just like one of the Atlantis’ marines. “This is Commodore Lucy Three. Welcome to Caprica. We were expecting you, but not at the exact moment the Polvo arrived. Please stand by while I make some arrangements with our Medeusan friends.”

“So do you think they’re setting up an attack?” asked Captain Sterns, as she continued to hold the receiver to her ear.

“I honestly don’t know,” replied Commander Doral. “I’d never heard of this Federation until that Raptor from the Galactica showed up.”

“I can’t believe you’re a frakin’ toaster!” grumbled Sterns. “When I was down with the ‘flu, you were in charge. You could have led the whole fleet into a trap! Why didn’t you?”

“Because as your XO, I had a duty to this ship. And as your friend, I had personal reasons for wanting to save your command.” replied Doral, has he subtly brushed his hand against hers, when no one was looking.

“I’m back,” said Commodore Lucy Three. “I arranged for the Polvo to transport their Captain, the Captain of the Hermes and myself to your Hanger Bay. Do I have your permission to come aboard?”

“Permission granted,” replied Sterns. “We’ll be ready to receive your Heavy Raider.”

“No. You don’t understand,” replied Commodore Lucy Three. “We’re not going to take a ship there, we’re going to be converted into energy, teleported there and reassembled in your Hanger Deck.”

“It that safe? asked Stern.

“Supposed to be,” replied Commodore Lucy Three. “Only one way to find out. You’ll probably want to prepare for our arrival so let me know when you are ready for us.”

“Acknowledged,” replied Sterns.

Once she had made all the arrangements in the Hanger Bay, Captain Sterns called the C&C and told them to send word she was ready for them. There was a musical tinkling sound as three beings appeared in pillars of light. There was a woman that strongly resembled one of her marines: Private Diana Beers, except her hair, instead of being blonde was a dark brunette. She was wearing a green mini dress and since Cylons could just download if exposed to vacuum, she had forgone the under uniform. On her left was a tall alien that looked a little human with a head that was twice the size of a Human’s. He was also wearing a green minidress, but had the black slacks of the under uniform covering his legs and he wore a black jacket over the dress that he had left open in front. On the right was a creature that looked sort of like an octopus only with seven tentacles instead of eight, each of which ended in a seven fingered hand. He was using four of the tentacles to stand on. On his head was a metallic hat with a green band around it.

“Woo! That was fun!” said the woman in the green mini-dress. “I’m Commodore Lucy Three, this is Captain Maki from the Hermes and Captain Jajić from the Polvo. Welcome to the Federation.”

“Weapons down!” yelled Major Doral, when he saw several of the marines pointing their at the aliens. “Lower your weapons!”

“You . . . . you look just like her . . .!” gasped Sterns, as she looked back and forth between the Commodore and her marine Private Beers.

“Not surprising,” replied Commodore Three. “We’re both of the same model.”

(It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance,) telepathically sent Captain Maki.

“As it is for me to meet all of you for the first time,” came a voice from the hat of the Medeusan captain as his body cycled through several colours.

“I can see from that you have members of all seven models with you,” observed Commodore Three. “I was hoping I might be able to persuade you to request that your ship be assigned here to help protect Caprica, like their ships are. I believe you have a fleet of civilian ships hidden somewhere? You’re welcome to have your people settle here.”

“Why would you want that after you drove us from here?” asked Captain Sterns.

“We did do that,” admitted Three. “And I deeply regret it. When we first made peace with the other Humans, the former Colonials that settled on Kobol, we wanted to have Caprica as the Cylon homeworld. We’ve since come to realize that Cylon Humans are just a different kind of Human. Now all of the Colonies are open for settlement by any members of the Federation who care to join us. We’ve even pardoned the Colonials that stayed behind and fought as partisans against us. They are full citizens of the Federation and Caprica in particular, now.”

“We should probably wait until we have evacuated those three irredeemably irradiated worlds and set off the genesis devices before any new settlers try to move there,” offered Captain Jajić.

“You’re right,” agreed Commodore Three, before explaining to Sterns: “Canceron, Scorpion and Picon have been too irradiated to support human life. Between Talosian telepathy and Medeusan sensors, we should be able to find the few survivors, beam them up to the Polvo and get them the medical attention they need. Once we have them all, we can use the genesis devices the Polvo brought to clean up those worlds.”

“What is a genesis device?” asked Captain Sterns.

“It’s sort of like re-booting a computer,” explained Three. “Only they’ll do it for all life on the planets we use them on. It’s a way of cleaning up a planet when things are too polluted. It can also be used to create new ‘M class’ worlds.”

“I see . . . ,” replied Captain Sterns. “Commodore, would you and the Captains like a tour of the Atlantis?”

“Certainly,” replied Commodore Three. “And perhaps afterwards, you like a tour of Caprica, or at least to walk around there?”

The following tour was not the most diplomatic. More than once, a crewman of the Atlantis screamed and ran way on sighting the alien captains. But the tour did give Captain Brenda Sterns time to time. By the end of the tour, she decided she wanted to go down alone to Caprica. No tour. If the Cylons really were welcoming of her, she wanted to walk around Caprica City unsupervised, no guards or guides to watch her. If the Cylons had really made peace with her people, she wanted to see it for her self.

Caprica - Caprica City

The tingling of the transporter beam felt strange. But once it had ended, Captain Brenda Sterns was standing on Caprica. She was having trouble dealing with the fact that all her closest friends, the people she trusted most . . . were Cylons, sent to spy on her. The worst betrayals were John Cavill, the priest she had turned to when she was troubled . . . and Arron Doral, her XO, friend with benefits and former lover. She had ended their relationship the instant she found out what he really was. Now she was standing on a busy sidewalk and people walked by . . . familiar people! . . . There was a red-headed version of Private Godfrey . . . and a couple of men that looked exactly like Deck Chief Conoy . . . at the interesection ahead she saw a trio of Centrurions come from right, cross the street and continue down street the left. They hadn’t even stopped to look at her!.

“Welcome back!” said a naked woman, one of several that looked exactly like one of her Raptor pilots.

. . . there was Father Cavell. . . . it couldn’t be the same one that had offered her all those comforting words . . . he was back on the ship . . . coming towards her was a group of men that looked exactly like her Arron Doral. . . . and they were the ones that broke her. She frantically tapped the com-badge she had been given.

“Polvo here,” said a voice, coming out of her com-badge.

“Take me back to my ship! Get me out of here! Beam me up!” shouted Sterns before she felt a the tingle that placed here back on the C&C of Atlantis.

As soon as she appeared she broke down crying. Major Doral tried to offer her a comforting hug, but she shoved him away.

“No!” shouted Captain Sterns. “Get away from me you lying toaster!”

“Brenda, I think you need to calm down a little,” said the ship’s chaplain, Brother John Cavell, now revealed to be a model One Cylon.

“I’ll be calm when I’m safe with my own kind!” yelled Sterns. “I want all you toasters off my ship immediately!”

“Brenda you can’t mean-” started Doral, her XO and former lover, now revealed to be a model Five Cylon.

“Lieutenant Pompey!” yelled Sterns, “call the Polvo! Have those aliens use that teleportation machine of theirs to remove every frakin’ toaster on this ship! I want them all gone yesterday!”


As soon as she saw her Cylon Chaplain and XO vanish in a transporter beam, she ordered the ship to jump back to the fleet, then had the whole fleet jump to a new location, one that would be unknown to her former shipmates who had been revealed to be Cylon spies. Once that was done, she retreated to her cabin where she could have a good cry and not be seen being weak in front of her crew.

A few hours later, she called what was left of the senior officers of her crew together to plan their next move.

“Seeing Caprica . . . seeing the full depths of the duplicity of the lying toasters that made up our senior staff, brought home how deeply they have deceived us,” began Sterns. “I’m going to have to make some promotions to fill the gaps the toasters left, starting with you, Major Grakus. You’re our new XO.”

“Thank you Captain,” said Grakus. “I’ll try to live up to the trust you’ve placed in me.”

“What are we going to do now?” asked Lieutenant Filip.

“After seeing what the toasters have done to Caprica, I was tempted to take this fleet and keep running,” admitted Sterns. “But I called Admiral Adama on that Subspace transceiver and he talked me out of it. He persuaded me to bring our fleet to Kobol and check it out. Everyone will get four days leave there. Two in a the Capital of his ‘federation’ where we will be around aliens and Cylons and he assures me there are humans too. The next two days will be spent in a town were everyone is a 100% pure Colonial Human. After our four days, we can make our own decisions about whether we want to join his Starfleet, or retire. I think we should at least check it out. But if I don’t like what I see, we can just bug out and restart our civilization somewhere else.”





Note: originally, I was going to have Commodore Lucy Three persuade them to ask for the Atlantis to be stationed at Caprica, under her command. But then it occurred to me how traumatic it might be for Sterns to find out all her closest friends are Cylon spies and then to walk around on Caprica and see multiple copies of them.


Captain - Brenda Sterns
1st Officer - Commander Arron Doral (Five)
Ship’s chaplain - John Cavell (One)
Helm - Lieutenant Filip
DRADIS - Lieutenant Grakus
Communications - Lieutenant Pompey
Deck Chief - Leo Conoy (Two)
Marine - Diana Beers (Three)
Marine - Shelly Godfrey (Six)
Ship’s Doctor - Simon (Four)
Raptor Pilot - Sharon ‘Heartbreaker’ Valerii (Eight)
EKO Specialist - Jef ‘Bruiser’ Rinz
Sign up to rate and review this story