Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Another Day that May Only be a Dream, KuramaxOC

Welcome to North High, Shuichi!

by PiNkBuN17 0 reviews

Aisha heads off to school and meets Kurama there as well.

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Koenma,Kurama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2022-05-26 - 4838 words

0Unrated
Another Day that May Only Be A Dream! KuramaxOc Fanfic!

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH, but would love to.

Last edit: 5/22/20

WARNING: Suicidal/self-harming actions and thoughts

Youko's Thoughts: ^Humans, surprisingly some are quite amusing. ^

Kurama speaking to Youko in his head/his own thoughts: Since when do you find them even slightly interesting?

Inner thoughts of other characters: 'During my free time when no one is around I moonwalk until I can't Y.M.C.A. anymore.'

'Oh yeah? Well I like to read stories about flying ninja pirates that shoot lasers out of their ears!'

0-o On a better un-random note...

A Few Inventions from the Spirit Lab! (Really my creations...-cue evil laugh-)

Sprit Box Tracer: A special device that can locate any soul so long as a fragment of the soul itself is available, DNA also counts as a fragment. Able to produce images of a soul's shell. (current or final appearance, unless in limbo)

Articulation gum: The user gains the ability to speak any language temporally if it is carved into the gum itself and spelled properly. This gum requires a bit of spirit energy. Over time it is possible to gain the ability semi-permanently. The downside is a horrible lingering bitter taste, and must be swallowed at exactly the right time otherwise one will speak the language backward. (The same thing will happen if it is spelled incorrectly)

Chapter Two: Welcome to North High, Shuichi!

(DAY ONE)

(I-shaw) Aisha's POV:

Amazing as it is; I somehow reach the school, with the help of a bus, with about 10 minutes to spare.

'That was annoying...Why do all the smelly people like sitting so close to me!?'

I gag mentally. Not to say, everyone who rides the bus stinks, it's just that I hate the fact that whenever I ride the bus all the especially repulsive ones seem to flock to places where you can't escape them.

'Maybe that's a thing with all public spaces, now that I think about it, the library is stinky too...'

As I enter the school grounds, a few more thoughts occur to me.

"Man! I forgot to thank him for savin' me..."

'Plus, I didn't really finish answering his question...Well, that was rude of me...That doesn't make me look very nice....' I sigh.

'Wait a sec...it was a dream! Yeah just another daydream!' I chuckle and grin stupidly to myself. "Or a cosplayer gone overboard..."

Shaking my head, the train of thought continues. 'I think I need to stop reading so much fanfiction...it's seriously brain-washing me...'

Man, I messed up something nice for myself! Well, this sucks. The time on my cell phone, and my best friend, Aurora's was set forward 15 minutes. So, I gave myself a panic attack for nothing!

I hurry towards the school's cafeteria. As I enter, I become glad to see there's no line for breakfast.

"Good, it's empty...for once."

As I punch in my ID number, the Russian breakfast lady shouts my last name out in an odd tone of voice.

"Dayani!"

"Um yeah, that's me..."

'Weirdo.' It's not the lady's accent that bothers me, it's the condescending feel to her tone of voice and her unfriendly glare.

I nicely ask for pancakes and point to them, but she seems to not understand what I want. Red apron lady takes forever to get it right, she tries handing me cereal, a bagel, and other breakfast junk. This tends to happen every time she's here, at first it was a little funny, but now it's nothing but an annoyance. I swear she does it only to me! A group of older kids starts to form. They all appear to grow hungrier and more irritated as the minutes tick by.

"Great she's making a scene," I mumble under my breath.

'And these jerks behind me are glaring...I guess it is my fault. I came too early, today...'

As I finally get a hold of my meal, I walk quickly, sure to avoid eye contact with all the pissed off students. Even the teacher on watch duty looks annoyed. I try to brush it all off, but it lingers in my mind.

'Stupid school, brimming with these snobby jerks.'

I take a seat on the outside benches; noticing that my best friend Aurora and my other so-called "friends" are babbling away.

'It's as if Aurora and I are invisible to them...'

The group of my so-called 'friends' mainly contains either Hispanic or Caucasian people. I happen to be the only one Sri Lankan in our group.

It may appear that I have a lot of buddies, but, I don't. Aurora and Mizzy are the closest friends I have, but I still tend to push even them away. Why should I burden them with my stupid problems? Besides, it would only add to all this tension.

One of the main 'ring-leaders' is this racist, pale, creeper guy named Robert who has known Aurora since they were young and had this obsessive crush on her. However, he tormented her beforehand by trying to kill her animals and assaulting her. Robert is an abomination for not letting go and uses our 'friends' against us. Both Aurora and I despise him.

Rina and I were best friends, but she constantly hurt me both emotionally and physically, so now it pains me to even look at her. I only get reminded of all the crap I went through because of her. She used to physically scratch me and would blurt my secrets to everyone. I found out last year she was spreading rumors about me in middle school and it contributed to more bullying.

She pretends to be close with Slashly, but I can see through her fake-ass façade. We had been friends since the third grade, but I felt it was best to walk away from her; too bad we share the same 'friends'. She's just an empty, foolish, jerk. Even so, something inside me can't forget the person she once was; my best friend. Maybe, just maybe, I can forgive her someday.

Slashly seems nice, and personally I used to like her a lot, but now I see that she's fake too. She decided to cheat with Chet, behind Claire's back, and Claire hasn't the slightest clue. I've known Slashly and Chet since 6th grade, and back then they were pretty good friends of mine.

Claire has done so many idiotic things to both Aurora and me, that I've lost count. Spreading lies and being so full of herself. She also uses god as an excuse for the most stupid of things... Aurora and I have known Claire since elementary school. One of the funny things that Claire did was spread the rumor that I was into witchcraft and was teaching it to Aurora. It was funny when I confronted her because her excuse was...

"I thought it was the truth, really!"

After Chet started going out with Claire, he turned into a complete and utter bastard. I thought we shared a connection (we faced similar issues at home, at one point), but then he turned his back on his friends. Maybe these are his true colors?

Maybe I'm an idiot, because I tried warning Claire about Chet's cheating and she said I was lying.

Deep down, I want to believe they'll come around, even with all the pain they've caused. But the last strand of my hope is fraying faster than I expected it to go. It seems all the time we've spent together doesn't mean a thing. I sham a smile and begin talking about homework and such with Aurora. A couple of minutes later, Mizzy joins us.

'So much for friends til' the end...'

#############

The first bell rings and the three of us walk together to class. Our other "friends" don't seem to notice that we've left. It's a shame, I really did think that at least Claire would choose us over some creeper (who is using and deceiving her) that she'd met this year, but I should have known better. She's losing the last bit of my trust and her bond with Aurora. It's pitiful really, the choices some of us make.

Aurora and I have known one another since first grade, but in second-grade idiotic circumstances split us apart, then we reconnected in eighth grade when I sat next to her in sixth period Science class. I met Mizzy in sixth or seventh grade, and really connected with her also in eighth grade.

Mizzy, Aurora, and I have a few classes together. One happens to be English, which is typically for freshmen and new students (that have been taught different curriculum).

Our first period has single student desks set in rows on both sides of the classroom. I take my seat by Mizzy, and Aurora is located one seat behind her; however, the jerk who does sit behind me is stupid Derek Kealoha. This asshole is a super mix of Asian things, mainly Hawaiian. Standing at about five foot nine, he's a big, somewhat muscular dude who surprisingly pulls glasses off well. I despise him for the hurt he caused me throughout middle school...

Back in the seventh grade my depression got so unbearable that I began to cut myself and shut everything out, except him. Foolishly I grew fond of him and we became pretty good friends. However, when he "found out" I liked him he began to bully me. Spreading rumors that I was acting depressed to get attention, and he physically harassed me to the point I realized just how weak I was. The bastard never heard me confess a word...and he shattered the friendship we once had. I sure know how to befriend the right people, don't I? (Note the sarcasm)

I'm pretty sure he knows I hate his guts and will never forgive him, yet he makes every effort to bother me and this only further serves to disappoint me.

My Homeroom teacher, Mrs. Havrilchak, yells at Derek almost every day, so she must understand how annoying he is. I begged the teacher to move my seat AWAY from this jerk, but nope! I believe she just doesn't want anyone else to suffer from his "sparkling personality." Not. Freakin'. Fair. At all.

########

The chatter of the class grows as everyone takes their seats, I glance at my friends and we also add to the random blabber discussing the topic of uno-brows. This is a term I made up to take the place of unibrow, a huge pet peeve of mine!

The bell rings and everyone stands up to do The Pledge of Allegiance. Some of the kids in my class don't bother to stand up. As we all began to sit again, Derek jabs my back like crazy, causing me to become angry.

"What the hell do ya want now?" I growl at him.

"Jeez, chill Aisha, look at that weird guy." My eyes follow the direction his head points to and I glance up to see...Kurama?

'WHAT THE BLUE HELL?'' I bellow in my head.

'Looks like I wasn't dreaming...or dead.' I gawk at him, not believing my eyes. 'No freakin' way...'

:::::::

Kurama's POV:

In the morning....

I walk calmly into North High after parking my car in their lot. Botan had forgotten to hand me the charger to the spirit cell phone she gave me earlier and she also informed me that in the next week or so everyone else will hopefully be joining me on this mission. She herself has her own work to tend to in other continents of this world and will be preoccupied for a while.

This school's appearance and atmosphere differ little compared to the schools in my world, at least in Japan.

Teenagers are laughing and talking everywhere, some in idiotic or rude mannerisms, typical behavior of teenage humans. As I pass the "E" hallway, a pair of females begin to whisper loudly, glancing back at me and giggle into their hands. I adjust myself to the hordes of stares from everyone else, ignoring their presence.

^A few of these human girls are appealing, less reserved. ^ Youko says in observation.

Perhaps they are, either way, I don't care fox. I state plainly.

^Though, not nearly enough to pique my interest unlike the first female we met today. ^

Don't even think about it, Youko. I warn him. A human girl isn't worth the trouble.

You can say I've somewhat lost interest in the opposite sex, my reason being the type of woman I always seem to attract. They're all fairly clingy, obsessive, and then some are mentally unstable.

This one particular girl from middle school had been most convincing of the theory that some human girls don't possess a properly working thought process. Maybe her feeble mind cracked from having a crush on me, because soon after she began stalking me for weeks on end. She stole my possessions (Stealing from a former thief, how ironic.); phoned my home so often that my mother was afraid of picking up, and even went so far as to follow me into the men's locker room, rope in hand, hoping to have her way with me.

I was so outraged that I almost lost my temper. She could have been a danger to my mother, and I had no choice but to erase all her memory of me, and plant a false one; that she doesn't love anyone but herself. As strange and cruel as it may sound, I don't think she's sane enough to reproduce. Especially if she threatens my mother, stating that she will "torture her until she gives her what she desires of her love" and hanging up shortly after.

Another obvious problem is my past. If these humans knew what I really am, they would never be able to accept me as anything but a monster. It is also possible my enemies will take advantage of using that human use against me. Even as a seemingly normal human, they never truly fall in love with me, but rather with the picture-perfect image of Shuichi Minamino.

I wonder why he, of all people, is even considering a human even partly interesting... I ponder to myself; while Youko's thoughts head in the most inappropriate of directions...and it's destroying my calm state of being.

^Don't deny it Shuichi: you know you're curious, too...^

Please keep quiet, Youko. I need to focus on where I'm going...

I can't help but feel annoyed by the Fox's presence. If only that damned ogre hadn't been so clumsy, I would not be stuck in this troublesome mess. It seems that Youko's personality has also been altered by that concoction. He has taken a much more immature position on basically everything...and it is driving me mad.

^Very well then, Shuichi, I'll get my way. One way, or another...^

I sense he's planning something, and it's not of obvious good intentions. Soon, he returns to the back of my mind, keeping watch. He's been rather talkative today...I wonder if he finds that abnormal stinging sensation odd when I touched that girl? Maybe he doesn't care? It's surprising that he hasn't pestered me once out of mere curiosity. Is he too embarrassed to admit that he too has no idea what happened?

Quickly, I enter the school's main office. The lady at the desk is very flirtatious and I can even smell a bit of her arousal as she hands me my final papers and classes. How disgusting. I'm informed that the lockers are supposedly in alphabetical order, but they notify me that wing E is the only area with unoccupied ones. As I look around for the school's library, I read the slip that I was given.

Minamino, Shuichi

Grade: 11

DOB: December 29

ID Number: 461400

Class schedule:

Format as followed: Subject, Teacher, Room

Period 1: English 1, Mrs. Havrilchak Rm: B-9

Period 2: Computers, Mr. Dup Rm: C-4 / Health, Ms. Gross Rm: B-3

Period 3: Mixed Choir/Piano/Band, Mr. Cram Rm: O-7

Period 4: JROTC, Sergeant David Rm: V-3

Period 5: Math 1, Mr. Woo Rm: W-12

Period 6: Earth Science, Mrs. Hendricks Rm: X-8

Ms. Gross, a health teacher? Honestly? This must be some sort of joke... I chuckle to myself.

Swiftly, I stroll around the school following the map the woman from the office gave me. I need to be ready for anything, and find the half-demon as soon as possible. For a moment, I spot that peculiar girl from before: Aisha. She's standing by a blue bench, surrounded by other people. However, I'm unsure whether or not to approach her. I pause and watch her movements, they seem sluggish and the sham of a grin she is displaying, clearly is concealing pessimism.

Just as I decide to approach her, the school bell rings indicating the start of class. Noticing she is with two other girls, I reluctantly turn away and head to my own class. For some reason I feel compelled to speak to her; I blame my mild curiosity.

Various students and school faculty members gape at me, a few making annoying commentaries. I pace calmly past it all and already more girls are squealing, giggling, and slightly drooling. I can't help but sigh and question, am I honestly THAT out of place?

And here I thought my fan-club back home wouldn't follow me...They only seem to be replaced by Americans. At least the males are at bay...

At last, I reach the classroom, entering it, I notice some students are already seated at their desks. I didn't take note of whom they were, I simply hand my slip to the teacher and she greets me happily.

"From Japan, huh?" She queries.

"Yes, I am," I reply.

"Wow! You sure speak English very well," She exclaims. Her preppy tone of voice hollers 'foolish child' and judging from her fabricated smile, she's thinking it too.

"Yes. I know a few other languages, as well."

"Oh, really?" She requests, chuckling. "What others do you know?"

I sigh under my breath and do as she asks.

"Well, let's see...French, Spanish, Sinhalese, Russian, Swedish, Italian, Mandarin...." The school bell interrupts me before I could continue. The teacher gapes, clearly disbelieving me.

"You're joking, right?" She laughs a bit nervously. "Then how do you say, 'Hello I enjoy comedy movies from America' in French and Spanish?" Quickly, I demonstrate the two languages requested, and she once again she stares at me in shock.

"Wow, you sound just like a native! I took French my junior year of high school and Spanish in college..." The teacher mutters, looking a bit embarrassed.

Serves her right to assume that the foreign exchange student is automatically an idiot.

A Chinese student perks up and says in his native tongue, "So, you speak Mandarin, huh? This teacher is very condescending, don't let her get to you."

"Yes, I do. Haha, thank you, I won't." I reply in Mandarin.

::::

As everyone takes their seats, I notice Aisha, who appears lost in her thoughts. I can't help but to glance at her, seeing as she is the only semi-familiar face I can spot, and the teacher notices my gaze and I glance away discreetly. The fox decides to pop in with a few distracting thoughts that have thrown me off my usual sly nature.

The male in the glasses seated behind Aisha begins to pester her by jabbing her in the back, and she quietly growls at him. As she finally makes eye contact with me, she expresses surprise. I beam brightly and her expression only remains shocked. The students in the class stare at the two of us as if it isn't a normal thing to smile at people. Mrs. Havrilchak then introduces me to the small body of students.

"Good morning class! Give a warm welcome to our new student...?"

"Shuichi Minamino." I reply with a polite smile, and everyone's attention is on me.

"So, tell us a bit about yourself." The teacher requests happily. "He's from Japan, class, and has amazing language skills!"

^It appears that I have won her over. ^

"Yes," I chuckle modestly. "But I wouldn't call it amazing."

"If you don't mind please show the class, Shuichi." She asks. I demonstrate a few phrases in Spanish and Mandarin and most of the class is speechless.

^How foolish these humans are. How would they even test your newly acquired language skills? For all anyone knows, you could be conjuring up nonsense! ^ The fox chuckles, amused by their naïve nature.

You may have a point, but there are a few Chinese students here, I suppose by mere assumptions they think I'm rather fluent. It's silly Youko, who would have known chewing gum could give way to a pavement of vocal knowledge.

A few seconds later they begin to applaud and I press a luminous smile onto my face.

"The reason I have transferred to your school is because I'm here for the exchange program. With hope, I'll be here for the rest of the school year."

This, of course, is a lie. It's not like I would tell them the factual reason for my presence here.

Yes, hello everyone, my real name is Youko Kurama, and I am a 2000-year-old demon in a 20-year-old human body! Though I'm having a bit of difficulty at the moment because a portion of my soul has spilt into two and it is like my own form of bipolarity. I have just come from another world to attempt to locate a half-demon woman with astonishing abilities; and if I don't catch her soon, my world and yours will be set for their demise! {Note the harsh sarcasm}

^I must give you credit there, Shuichi. ^ Youko laughs.

I thought you agreed to stay quiet, Youko...

^Not really...I did state 'just for now'...^

Sly annoying fox.

^Silly, silly human boy. ^

I pretend not to hear Youko's last remark and talk a little about life in Japan, such as the honorifics added to last names and such. The students ask a bundle of questions, some of which are completely out-of-the-blue.

"Did you dye your hair that color?" A girl with bright green hair asks. The strong odor of artificial dye bounces off of her, thus strongly perceptible to me. "By the way it looks great!" She kindly comments.

"No, this is my natural hair color," I reply. "And thank you."

"He hasta be lyin' " A boy with light green eyes in the back grumbles.

"Who knows, man?" A girl with bright purple bows in her hair replies. "But you got a point, there, it's way too bright..."

"Personally, I think this guy's a load of crap. What a loser..." The boy sitting behind Aisha mutters, while Aisha quickly turns around and bops him on the head. "Ow! What was that for?" He yells at her and she chooses to respond with a mean-spirited glare.

Before I can crack a smile, a skinny blonde boy in a green shirt questions, "What's the name of your school in Japan?"

"Meioh Private Academy."

"He must be a total smartass then..." The boy behind Aisha mutters again to his classmates.

And why should you care if he is?" Aisha mumbles to him in a quiet tone. "Maybe you should get that jealously of yours checked out, Derek."

The students that overhear her response rapidly break into a fit of chuckles, Derek's eyes darken with anger, and his face slightly reddens, but he only scowls at her. For some reason, a bit of animosity bubbles within myself.

"I love your eyes! Are you wearing contacts?" Another female questions, oblivious to what's going on between her two peers.

"Thank you. And no, my eyes are naturally like this."

"I still don't believe this guy!" The same male with green eyes from the back grumbles.

"What a fake." Once again Derek states. I pretend not to hear his comment, but in a way he's right.

If you only knew, Derek...if you only knew... I think in mild amusement.

"Shut up Derek, and learn some manners!" A girl with short brown hair in an upbeat red tank top behind him shouts, whacking him in the head. "I'm sick of hearing your stupid comments!"

"Such a jackass." Aisha adds in, and I can't help but to smirk slightly.

"Shut the fuck up Chennye, Aisha. I'm just stating what I see." Derek grumbles as I frown. I decide to ignore them, and answer the next person.

"That's enough out of you." The teacher sternly says with a glare. "You've earned yourself detention, Kealoha."

He fumes for a few minutes and kicks Aisha's chair, causing her to turn around.

"Quit it already, you idiot!" I hear her snarl.

"Are your parents still in Japan?" A short black male asks.

"Yes, they are." I state.

"Ooh, who are you staying with?" The female with bright purple bows asks.

Before I can fabricate another lie, the bright green-haired girl happily asks,

"So, what do your parents do?"

"My father owns a private computer business, while my mother owns a lovely flower shop."

Why am I answering their pestering questions...? I cannot help but to question myself.

"I thought this was an English class, not a goddamn interview." Aisha mutters under her breath, and I find myself chuckling.

"Dang, some of y'all have no shame in being nosy as fuck." A male with blue hair bellows to the class.

"Okay, I think that's enough, class. Thank you, Shuichi, for being so patient and tolerant." The teacher comments, "I think that's enough interrogation for today. Besides, we have work to do!" Some of the class giggles in response.

Soon, I'm told to switch places with the rude male, Derek. He still appears angry, but he masks it so quickly, it takes me by surprise. He continually glares at me which, once again, I choose to ignore. I'm somewhat glad to be sitting behind the girl from earlier this morning.

This will be an easier way to learn more about this female...and perhaps find out what that strange sensation was.

Aisha's POV:

"K-Shuichi, welcome to North high," I say to him as I turn around, trying to mask my jitters.

No, I'm not insane, or high. A real-life size clone of one of my favorite anime characters is sitting behind me in my English class, and I'm talking to him! Also, I doubt I'm dreaming this stuff up, 'cause I already banged my head on my desk when I was struggling to grab the book I dropped earlier, and that hurt pretty badly. It's kinda weird but when I almost called him Kurama he looked a little shocked, but it was only for a spilt second.

'Whoa, he reacted to me nearly saying Kurama...does that mean it's really him? ...Nah! Who am I kidding? There's no way in hell. Maybe he's just a super fan or something?'

Smiling, he thanks me, maybe I'm paranoid or something but it feels like he's observing me closely.

'Is that a good or bad thing?' I ponder.

My heart skips a beat, but I pretend to ignore it completely, or at least I hope it looks that way. The teacher starts the lesson by talking about the book To Kill a Mocking Bird; which for once, I'm not listening to (I'm a hardcore English fan). I highly doubt that anyone is because they're gawking at Shuichi until they've burned holes into him. After all, his handsome appearance is a distraction! Though in this generation it isn't all that odd to spot bizarre hair colors (I've even dyed my hair neon blue and bright red before!)

'Is it just my imagination, or does it seem like he's uneasy about me?' I attempt to act calm and collected as I thank him for saving my life earlier. 'And to think, I nearly forgot. How stupid of me.'

"You're welcome." He says in a sweet tone of voice.

Even as I feel butterflies stir in the pit of my stomach, I can't help but pay attention to the nagging feeling in the back of my mind, which is screeching something is definitely wrong here. What's more, it's saying that, whether I want to or not, I'm going to end up right in the thick of it all...

To be continued...

My notes:

Yes, I'm sorry for stopping there but I'm tired and I have school tomorrow! Grrr! I wanted to update my InuRan fan-fiction! But, I've just been busy with school and junk. Well I'm glad that I'm re-doing all my chapters, and changing my story! It makes me feel a lot better about the entire thing! Please Review! It makes me update faster! :D

5/20/20

If there are any inconsistencies, please let me know!

~PiNkBuN17 [This chapter is 14 pages long on 12-inch font.] :)
Sign up to rate and review this story