Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Another Day that May Only be a Dream, KuramaxOC

Mistaken for a demon?

by PiNkBuN17 0 reviews

Somehow Aisha is mistaken as an enemy!

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Kurama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2022-05-26 - 3862 words

0Unrated
Another Day that May Only Be A Dream, KuramaXOC Fan-fic!

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH, but if I did it, everyone would be paired up with someone. :P And all would have great endings. ^^

-Readers Take a quick look!-

Youko's Thoughts: ^Open your eyes, perhaps you will find something worth risking again. ^

Kurama speaking to Youko in his head/his own thoughts: I don't think so Youko.

Inner thoughts of other characters: 'I'm really craving some sushi right now...too bad all I got is Corn Nuts.' -.-

Last Re-edited: 5/22/20

Chapter 5: Mistaken for a demon?

(DAY ONE)

Kurama's POV:

"Thanks Kur- Shuichi!" She seems to stumble with my name, once again it sounds as if she is about to say my demon one...

This has happened one too many times...How would she know...? Could she be the half-demon....?

Quickly, changing the subject, she giggles nervously and hands me her indigo book.

She smells purely human...

"Please don't show any dumbos." She grins and points towards the boys shaking in terror. I nod and begin reading, observing her from the corner of my eyes.

Move on-Poem By: Aisha D.

Dissatisfied emotions forfeit the anguish

Gorge the guilty and conceal the innocent

Inanimate whispers fragmented and missing

Reflect and mimic your wicked doings

Disregard and slice stupid society

Obedient lying and false grace

So, the world shows its true darkness

Regardless, it's best to move on.

"Wow... it's very forlorn and... complex, are you sure you wish to show this to me?" I enquiry her.

She deserves praise for her work, other than a few minor errors here and there.

Surprisingly, she's written some fairly beautiful pieces of poetry.

Mask of One-Poem by Aisha D.

Was I aware of it at first?

The heavy baggage that it carried...?

Feeling of exile, its sinister smile glaring; mocking me so

A disruption of my tranquility; catastrophic ghosts concealing their true demeanor

Not one word of concern ever wept my little way

An interval of time permitted itself to be of unimportance

Immune to flaws; yet imperfection quivered in its path

Bewildering as it was, I never did notice its power, its strength

In its pity and sorrow, I was caged

Wandered around aimlessly, only to crash constantly.

Refuse to understand deny all its signs

I believed that I was formidable, courageous; but that was only a

TORTUROUS Mask of One.

"Yeah I only show people that might have a similar understanding...Or people who like reading something different during SSR (Silent Sustained Reading)."

I chuckle lightly at her reply and continue flipping through the pages.

It's truly hard to tell whether or not she knows anything about us, Youko.

^ Then observing her is the best and only option we have...^

:・゚✧:・゚✧ :・゚✧:・゚✧

When I finish reading, I only can gaze at her. What could have happened to cause such despairing?

^Clearly there is more to the self-blaming...^

Yes, but question is, where does it stem from?

The bell's ringing destroys my train of thought and I gently hand the book to her. Lively movement awakens in the class as everyone flips on their computer.

We should keep an eye on this one either way.

^I have sensed from the beginning she possesses a diverse presence for a human...^

Before I can give a response, Aisha is reaching over me, and the mild sweet fragrance of mangos washes over me in a pleasing way.

"You really need to stop zoning out Shuichi." She says as she boots up the outdated computer and logs into it.

My mind wanders off as the scent reminds me of a stunning place, I used to visit in demon world long ago.

"Helllooo?" Aisha asks in a singsong voice. I'm taken by surprise how close she is to me. Without any thought my eyes wander down her form and I notice her appeal. Youko finds this quite amusing and begins to think about sly perverted thoughts once again.

Not now... you foolish fox... I turn away, embarrassed.

^Fine. Just wait until bedtime...^

Mentally I shake my head, and my cheeks flare up with heat. I'm not the type to become embarrassed so easily, what is my 'mask' falling to? Yet another side effect, blast that damn ogre.

"Shuichi? You okay?"

Snapping out of Youko's thoughts, I try to calmly reply.

"Yes, I'm alright."

"You were staring at me, and um...you were also blushing..." She states, sounding uncomfortable.

You don't want to know what Youko was thinking... I say to myself.

"Whatever the heck you were thinking about, I don't think I'd want to know anyway..." She utters, then whispers to herself "Freakin' perv, just like all those other guys out there."

For a slight moment I am speechless, but I then say; "I apologize Miss Aisha, but I think you have me wrong..."

"Oh. You heard that. W-well Ku-"She stops herself quickly and then says; "W-We should get cracking at this assignment b-before class ends!"

There it is again, is she really trying to say my demon name?

^I'm starting to think she might possibly know something, little Shuichi. ^

Maybe I'm slightly paranoid, but something isn't right. It may only be the beginning of class, but I must keep my guard up and not fall to any trickery; even if this supposed human girl is the enemy.

Aisha's POV:

Slight flashback:

As I handed him my poetry book, I stick one earbud in my ear and quietly listen to the song "Faceless" by Red. I can't help myself and I peek at him every so often, and I quickly glance back at my reading book, Raven's Gate By Anthony Horwitz.

'Wow, he really is beautiful...such long eyelashes...'

For a second, he pauses reading and his expression is strained as if conflicting in nature.

Uttering gently, I ask, "Hey...dude, was it that bad?" but he doesn't reply.

Mr. Dup notices me whispering and glares at me, shutting me up.

'That retarded bastard now chooses to act like a teacher.'

Three minutes later, Mr. Dump leaves the room, YET again, but this time a school secretary guard stands by the classroom door.

'I didn't think my work was that bad, I poured my emotions into them...'

I glance back at him, his entire being articulates no emotion what-so-ever, so I go back to reading my book.

As everyone else starts to work, the redhead is zoned out and still lacking emotion. Flipping on his computer, I decide to help him, but when I look at him, he's gazing back with a tint of pink on his cheeks.

'Did he just give me the body check? What the hell?!' I turn my head away and reel back from shock and irritation. Again, I stare at him and a familiar look of cloudiness in his eyes tells me something that I rather not talk about. Pretending I don't notice anything I glance away again, but the 'damage' has already been done.

"Shuichi? You okay?"

"Yes, I'm alright." He replies coolly, but I know it's more or less a lie.

"Whatever the heck you were thinking about, I don't think I'd want to know anyway..." I state, I then whisper to myself; "Freakin' perv, just like all those other guys out there."

✣✤✥°o。✣✤✥°o。✣✤✥°o。

The reason I can say that is because of my experience with my former perverted childhood guy friends; let's just say I learned WAY too much from hanging out with them. One of them even tried things on me...yuck. Scarred for life man, and I try to avoid them at all costs, but our families are friends.

'Tck, so much for Mr. So-called-Prince-Charming; he has a dirty mind! Maybe it's my proof, he's just a copy. There, I think I've convinced myself ...too bad it couldn't be him. I must be desperate for even entertaining this idea in the first place!'

Silence greets between the two of us, and I decide to ask him.

"Hey...um Shuichi, have you ever heard of something called Yu Yu Hakusho?"

"No, what exactly is that?" He questions, looking a little curious.

'He was supposed to say "Oh yeah, I love that show! As you can tell Kurama is my favorite character and I pretty much pulled off his look, huh? It looks like that would be a no. He has to be full of bullshit!'

For a moment I bash the side of the horrible ancient windows 98 computer because it's starting to freeze on me, but I then go on to say; "You've got to be joking."

"I'm serious, Miss Aisha, now what is that?" His green eyes press on.

'My ass you don't know! Google it you, Kurama-look-alike liar!' I yell inside my head.

"It's kind of a long story, besides I'm not sure if you'd be into it." Oddly, I sound almost bored in tone.

"We have plenty of class time, now if you don't mind..."

"I guess so; huh I don't really know where to start..." I pause for a moment and try to collect my thoughts.

'Might as well play along, I can't believe this dude!'

"I really don't want to ruin the plot, but I think telling you a little about the characters wouldn't hurt." One by one I speak of Yusuke, Boton, Hiei, Kuwabara, Koenma, and Genkai, but I decide to leave Kurama out. I'm sorry but it feels awkward and super embarrassing to describe a character that looks like the hot guy right next to me (almost like confessing a crush to someone indirectly).

As I chat my computer screen finally stops being retarded and I multi-task, not bothering to notice how he's reacting. I decide to discreetly mention Kurama's character by pretending I'm talking about a friend, but I purposely leave everything about his appearance and demonic demeanor out.

"He's wicked smart but the best thing about him is-" Before I can finish my sentence-a sudden chill travels up my spine and the sensation of someone staring a hole through me creeps closer. Although I'm used to it and typically brush it off, I gaze up anyway.

Above the old brick of a computer, a pale creepy looking chick with dark side ponytails and a pair of old-fashioned glasses is staring back, her eyes are crazy and wicked. Her toothy grin exposes sharp canines. I rapidly snap my eyes back to my screen, mentally trembling; never have I seen anybody so ghoulish before...not including Halloween time!

My previous thoughts wrapped around Kurama and now this abnormal fear processes in my brain as a jumbled mess. Glancing at the redhead I mutter in shock, "Oh my gosh, did you see that Kurama?"

"E-excuse me...?" Shuichi murmurs, he sounds weird, maybe even in shock too.

"You did see it didn't you? Hey-" I stop mid-sentence when I stare into his eyes. There I see it. Gold amber swirling around in his green irises.

'N-no way...it's a trick of the light! It HAS to be!'

"D-did I say something w-weird?" I question, trying to keep up my false charade of not being completely freaked out.

"You called me something...peculiar-" His voice is now menacing and deeper.

I cut him off and mutter in a quiet whisper, "W-well sorry I called you a perv...t-though I don't think it's all that weird."

"Throwing around the label pervert isn't to be taken lightly, and no that wasn't it, Miss Aisha." He replies in an even tone of voice, but something else is just below the surface.

'God he's passive-aggressive...' For a moment, I'm not sure what he means, then I realize, I called him Kurama.

Without another thought I scramble a sentence together. "Oh! That! Oops! Uh...you see... it's because, you look... exactly like a character I know. You're a really good Cos-player dude!"

'Damn, I didn't think anyone's eyes could look so freaky...Okay, calm down, think this through...there's no way he's the real Kurama, I'm just seeing things...uh....he's wearing really cool contacts!'

"I'm really sorry about that mix-up, Shuichi. It won't happen again." I finally state steadily, but my heart is pounding madly against my chest.

'What am I thinking? I mean come on; anime/ manga characters don't randomly appear in the real world! Gosh I need- no I MUST find a new hobby.'

I slowly glance up staring at his eyes, and the gold color begins to falter.

'Is it really contacts...? Man, I need to quit getting my hopes up. Too bad it can't be proof of my weird fangirl dream coming true...though this isn't what I expected it to be...'

I rub my eyes and check my surroundings; the environment is noisy, and no one notices the freaky chick or the new kid's scary demeanor...great...

"Miss Aisha?" Shuichi's voice queries regularly.

"Uh...yes?" I reply. The gold color flares and this time nearly paints over the lush forest green in his eyes.

"You were completely spaced out, are you alright?" He beams falsely, his voice deeper and foreboding than before.

"I-I'm fine...." I utter, trying not to run away mentally. Why are two people staring at me with such menacing glares?

"So, what were you talking about earlier if you don't mind me asking?" Shuichi presses on.

"Uh...um.... I was t-thinking about.... how my friend loves gardens!" I squeak, spotting a tiny garden outside the open classroom door. "And that I really miss him..." I add remembering the Kurama poster that vanished from my room a few weeks ago.

'Why couldn't I think of anything else to say! Urg, Stupid!' I scream at myself. 'I should bring up that creepy chick...Why the hell isn't anyone saying anything about her? It's as if I'm the only one who sees that freak...'

For a spilt second the red head's eyes go golden and they widen in shock, and I'm rendered speechless.

"Your friend has a lot in common with me then, because I also enjoy growing plants." His facial expression flips to a strange calmness, and the forest green returns to his narrowing eyes. Shuichi's scrunched up eyebrows expose his internal antagonism.

"T-that's really cool..." I stutter a bit. "So... where did you get your contacts from?"

"I'm not wearing any contacts, are you sure it isn't a trick of the light?" He responds in mockery.

'He knew his eyes were changing colors...holy crap...!'

The room's atmosphere now feels heavy, and when I glance at Shuichi, it converts to an even heftier aura. Glancing around I search to see if anyone else senses it too, but the noise level of chatter only seems to increase. My gaze gravitates to the creepy chick and her malicious toothy grin captivates me in an eerie way.

Abruptly, freaky chick eyes' flash black and out of seemingly nowhere a shockwave of agony courses through my body. Before I can utter a gasp, the ghoul of a female exits the classroom, right through the yawning teacher's assistant!

The urge to rip my hair out and scream flickers in my head consistently, but I shut my mouth and bury my head into my arms, laying away from the keyboard. The sensation is so overwhelming that my eyes roll back momentarily if only I could pass out!

"My...head... really...hurts..." My feeble attempt to lie fails utterly because I can barely hear myself over the clatter of laughter, mouse clicks, and keyboard ticking.

Kurama's POV:

The second Aisha utters the name Kurama, Youko brutally begins to battle against me and certainly pushes to take over. My irises must be flickering with the pigment of gold.

^Shuichi...let me talk to her now. ^ Youko commands.

No, please wait Youko, not now...

Fright makes itself apparent in her demeanor and this only results in an amply riled up fox demon. Just when I believe Youko is giving up, he thrusts me aside, virtually taking over my body; he remains in my human form, but my green hues must be absolutely buried under his overwhelming gold color.

Her coffee-colored eyes enlarge relatively in panic when Youko begins speaking.

Youko, what are you doing? I query.

^ Simple, just seeing where this conversation leads to. ^

You believe she's a part of this, don't you?

^Now, I'm positive. She knows of the others, our characteristics and love towards plants, it's clear that she's lying about her so-called "friend". ^

Then, we sense it. A demon's evil energy and it's surging out of her. For some reason she appears to be in pain, but now I'm sure she's a demon perhaps one who is trying to destroy this world.

Not only am I supposed to search for a half-demon female, but I'm also to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity. Apparently, according to Koenma there are other demons searching for the female, and they are adding to the disturbances in my world.

The classroom bell rings indicating the end of second period, and all the other students leave without even glancing at the two of us.

Slowly, she lifts her wavy-haired head up, her eyes are brimming of tears; but nothing matters to me but to stop this demon from going any further with hurting others.

"Miss Aisha? Are you okay?" I ask as "kindly" as I can.

She appears panicked but replies anyway. "I'm okay.... did the bell ring?"

"Yes, is it alright if I speak with you privately?"

"Um...okay."

I'm mindful not to touch her and she follows me wordlessly while clutching her head into an empty hallway wing. Bushes and various plant life surround the area, and I grin slightly.

It's odd, but now she doesn't reek of a demon's scent anymore, in fact, she smells completely human again.

^ Don't let that fool you, Shuichi, for only omnipotent demons can hide their scent that quickly, with the help of special herbs and such, of course. ^

Right, but it's also unusual, that she doesn't straight out attack me, is she waiting for something?

^ I don't know just be mindful of this one. ^

"Uh, Ku-uh Shuichi, what do you wanna talk about?" She may sound innocent, but once again she nearly says my demon name.

"How much more do you know?" I interrogate sternly.

"What are you talking about-"

"You know exactly what I mean, demon." I say coldly.

She gives off the impression of being shocked, frozen to where she stands.

Then out of nowhere she shouts; "What the hell is wrong with you! How the hell am I a freakin' demon? I know I'm ugly, but damn don't you think that's going a bit too far!?"

...? What a strange reaction....

^ Don't let her charade fool you...That aura was of pure evil. ^

"I'm not going to allow you to harm any more people, I'm stopping you right now!"

I immediately call my plants to restrain her, but unexpectedly, several other students are behind her, all the way down the hall, so I hurriedly hide them by flinging pollen to make them only visible to us
I immediately call my plants to restrain her, but unexpectedly, several other students are behind her, all the way down the hall, so I hurriedly hide them by flinging pollen to make them only visible to us.

"Hey! I guess you're right, maybe they are going out!"

"That's shocking....!"

"I guess they make a good couple..."

Damn, those students.... what horrible timing...

^Do you think she will wreak havoc on the school? ^

If she does, we will simply cut her into pieces.

I glance at "Aisha" and notice comprehensive horror in her eyes, tears are unmistakably forming in them.

I step towards her, and she backs into a navy colored support beam.

"What...are you...?" She queries nearly in a whisper.

"Damn! That guy moves quickly!" A Hispanic male wolf whistles.

I stand only a few inches from her body; I can sense her trembling with fear.

"You can run, but it's impossible to hide for long. I will stop you." I state coldly, malice coursing through me.

She seems to be a normal human, but I know what I felt, an evil demon's tainted energy, and it was coming all from her.

"What do you mean? Stop me from what?"

"Don't act so foolish, you may be pretty, but humans aren't all that entertaining and are weak," I say as I hold her chin up, harshly. "So, don't bother pretending to be one."

"Demons however are worth the time...to kill."

Aisha's POV:

'Wait! Why would I hurt people? Is he really the real Kurama?'

The proof I need appears right in front of me, but never the way I'd want it to appear. Out of seemingly thin air, angry plants surround behind him, and they are heading directly towards me!

'Is he going to kill me?'

'I know I like him and all, but this isn't how I wanted my meeting with him to be!'

I clench my eyes shut, and wait, but nothing happens.

I hear students talking, but I don't understand a word they say, but they sound somewhat far away.

Rapidly, I open my eyes, and his terrible gaze meets my own. Hate. Anger. Blood Lust. All located in his beautiful green eyes that are laced with gold.

Fear tears me from the inside as he steps forward, he gets so close to me that I can smell the faint scent of roses and cologne.

'Well I didn't know I was pretty.... but I do know I'm a freakin' human!'

The moment he grabs my chin up harshly, that weird burning tingling from earlier sets my veins on fire.

For a second, I am stunned, but I take the chance to push him away from me, and run with my tail between my legs. The appearance in his eyes is that of pure shock, maybe even distress. Whatever it is, I don't give a damn; the only thing on my mind is to get the hell AWAY from him.

Crashing into an enormous crowd of teenagers by the locker bay, I soon become one with the horde, and I lose sight of freaky fox boy. For once I'm grateful to the locker crowds, every other day I'd simply curse in my mind.

'Move you stupid slow bastards!' Of course, I wouldn't say it out loud for a reason that isn't good.

That guy....is terrifying, I don't mind dying, but he's way too intense. I was thinking that I would have died from his glares alone.

I guess I do have proof. Kurama's real. The only problem I have now is that he thinks I'm a demon, and I have no clue WHY.

'Now what I am supposed to do?'

To be continued...

My notes:

Just to let you know, whenever Kurama is dealing with a foe, of course he will be harsh! :P Though, in time you'll understand why all of these things are occurring. This chappie is 12 pages long! :o

~Pinkbun17

Please Review! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story