Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 19: Battle for the Resurrection Ship

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Battle for the Resurrection Ship

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,William Adama - Warnings: [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2022-06-21 - 1640 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Star Wars

Chapter 19: Battle for the Resurrection Ship

Battlestar Galactica - C&C

They’d planned this out in every detail. Several Raiders had been sent there and back for recognizance. Now it was zero hour. The Cylons had returned to their Base ships. Doctor Galen Tyrol was helping out in the Hanger deck. He was no longer deck chief. But his expertise as an engineer made him more useful in the Hanger Deck than he had already been. And he was not the only one with newfound expertise. Tory Foster had written them a computer virus so they could give the Cylons a dose of their own medicine. Saul Tigh was in command of the Pegasus. Adama wanted to let Cain command the Beast for this strike. But President Gray wouldn’t hear of it.

“Base Ships 3 and 5, jump!” commanded Fleet Admiral William Adama.


Cylon Fleet

Base ships 2 and 7 had been following the Colonial Fleet for weeks, occasionally harassing them. But preparing for a big strike. Suddenly two more Base ships appeared in their midst. Base ship 3 had appeared between Base ships 2 and 7. While Base ship 5 had appeared closer to the Resurrection Ship.

On Base ship 2, One placed his hand in the tray and activated the radio to contact Base ship 3.

“Where the hell have you been?” asked One.

“Oh, here and around,” replied Lucy Three on Base ship 3. “We located the Colonials.”

“We know perfectly well where the Colonials are,” replied One. “That’s no news at all.”

“We also found out why John is no longer sending us reports,” announced Lucy Three.

“And why is that?” asked One.

“He has been captured,” replied Lucy Three. “They’re holding him now in Pegasus’ Brig.”

“So those two have linked up?” asked One. “I would have thought they would have taken each other out considering what a vicious bitch Cain is.”

“Nope, Galactica still lives,” replied Lucy Three.

Unknown to the Cylons on Base ships 2 and 7, Base ship 3 had been sending a computer virus on a sub-channel the whole time she had been stalling them with this conversation.

“Base ship 5, why are you sending Heavy Raiders to the Resurrection Ship?” asked One.

“We’ve suffered some losses recently,” replied D’Anna Biers. “We need to replenish our ranks.”

By now, the computer virus Tory wrote was starting to reach the conscious minds of the Cylons aboard Base ships 2 and 7.

“Hang on,” said One. “I’m getting another message. But I can’t pinpoint the source . . . . ‘A robot may not harm a Human being, nor through inaction cause a Human being to come to harm’ . . . What is this crap!”

Suddenly, on the far side of the Cylon fleet from the Resurrection ship, the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus jumped in and immediately started launching Vipers.

“All Base ships, launch all Raiders!” commanded One. “Base ships 5 and 7, target Pegasus, We’ll take Galactica. Base ship 5 guard the Resurrection Ship. Fire all missiles!”

The Galactica and Pegasus had both turned their sides to face the Base ships and their side guns were intercepting the Cylon missiles as fast as they could fire them. Meanwhile, their Vipers were starting to engage the Raiders. At the same time, the free Centurions were swarming off the two Heavy Raiders that had docked with the Resurrection ship and taking out any opposition between them and their goal.

“Base ship 3, why aren’t you firing on Pegasus?” demanded One.

“Our Hybrid has been infected some sort of virus,” lied Lucy Three. “She spouting something about the Three Laws of Robotics! It’s also affected our Raiders, making them fly away from the battle.”

“Frak!” exclaimed One, as she saw that one by one the Raiders were refusing to fire on the Vipers and were instead, fleeing the battle.

“Resurrection ship is neutralized,” said a melodious female voice on a clear channel.

“Who the frak is that!?!” demanded One.

Suddenly a group of Raptors jumped in on the same side of the Battle as the Resurrection ship.

“Arm nukes,” commanded Boomer.

“Arming nukes,” confirmed Skulls. “Both nukes are armed and ready to be fired.”

“Fire!” commanded Boomer.

Throughout the Raptors this scene was repeated as each Raptor fired two missiles armed with nuclear warheads at one of the two enemy Base ships. At the same time, Base ship 3 was emptying its’ missiles, including its’ nuclear ones at both Base ships 2 and 7.

Both enemy Base ships went down in a rain of atomic fire.

“Begin mop up,” commanded Adama on a clear channel. “All Raiders, stand down or be destroyed!”

On hearing the ‘mop up’ command, Base ships 3 and 5 and their associated Raiders all turned on their Colonial transponders. The allied Raiders turned and began aiding the Vipers in destroying the enemy Raiders. While the Raiders that had been affected by the virus continued to flee the battle until they were a safe distance away, where they came to a halt.


Battlestar Galactica - Conference Room

The leaders of all four ships were meeting for an after action report.

“And you’re sure the crews of the other two base ships won’t resurrect?” asked Adama.

“A few did before we turned off the receiver on the Resurrection Ship,” reported D’Anna. “We boxed the Ones and Fives and sent the others to Pegasus so Commander Tigh can use the fear of Final Five to convert them. We’ve also freed the surviving Centurions that were on board.”

“What about the Raiders?” asked Tigh

“The ones who got infected with the virus have become useless as fighters,” replied Lucy Three. “They refuse to kill either Humans or Cylons, who they regard as Human.”

“They could still be useful as long range scouts,” observed Adama. “Strip them of their weapons and replace them with cameras that can give us high quality pictures.”

“By your command,” replied Lucy Three.

“What about the resurrection ship?” asked Adama.

“Forty years ago, we promised to give the Centurions Human form,” pointed out Tigh. “The Resurrection Ship would be a good way to do that. We could transfer the Centurions from both Base ships into the existing Human form Cylon bodies. At least some of them. We’ll have to grow more before we can convert them all.”

“Well, while that’s happening, I’d better be sure not to die needlessly,” observed D’Anna. “Because if I do, I’ll be back of the line after all those Centurions.”


Astral Queen

Helena Cain was adapting to life confined to the prison ship. She and Thorn and Shaw and the other bad apples had been given trials and sentenced to imprisonment here. Of course, once she was here, the prisoners who ran the ship didn’t lock her in a cell. No the whole ship was her cell. Some of the crew of the ship were allowed to come and go from the Astral Queen. They had earned their paroles. Others, like Cain were never allowed to leave. Being locked on the ship with scum like this meant fighting off a never ending series of rape attempts. She wasn’t always successful.


Battlestar Galactica - Mess Hall

The Tyrols: Sharon and Galen, and the Agathons: Sharon and Karl were having lunch together when they were approached by Margarett ‘Racetrack’ Edmondson.

“Can I join you?” asked Racetrack.

“Sure, go right ahead, said Helo.

After she had joined them a few minutes, Racetrack felt it was okay to broach a sensitive subject.

“What’s up with that nudity thing?” asked Racetrack. “When I blew up that Base ship, I had some trouble and had to get out of the Raptor to manually set a timer. And while I was there, a bunch of naked Cylons that looked just like you two came at me. And more recently, when the Base ships sent delegations, one of them looked like you and she was naked too. What’s up with that?”

“The Centurion wasn’t wearing clothes either,” observed Boomer. “And I think it helped the other me get less noticed because everyone was staring at the Centurion.”

“Our model feels more comfortable without clothes,” replied Athena. “We’re less vulnerable to cold that the other models, so we can take cooler temperatures before we feel the need to cover up. Part of it is political. Not observing the human custom of clothes wearing is a way of saying we’re not Human. But really, we’re just more comfortable that way. I never used to wear clothes until I was assigned to impersonate her and seduce Karl.”

“Which totally worked, by the way,” observed Helo.

“We wear clothes when we have a reason to,” added Athena. “I started out wearing them as part of my cover, pretending to be Boomer. Then I continued after we got here in order to fit in with the Humans here. Though I’m thinking about starting to go back to no clothes when I’m off duty. This uniform is starting to get too tight.”

“Now that I think about it, when we’re in the Head, you’re not as quick to cover up after you step out of the shower as some of the other women are,” observed Racetrack.

“Up until the Colonies fell, I always thought I was Human,” added Boomer. “So I didn’t do the whole model Eight public nudity thing until I outed myself as a Cylon.”

“I heard you were refusing to wear your uniform when you were in the Brig,” said Racetrack. “What was that like?”

“It was like she said,” replied Boomer. “It felt comfortable to be naked and I didn’t mind at all the stares of the guard. In fact, it kind of excited me, knowing that he was staring at me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story