Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 21: the Colonial Gang

by selenepotter 0 reviews

the Colonial Gang

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-06-24 - 871 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or the Mclaughlin Group.

Chapter 21: the Colonial Gang

“From Cloud 9, The Colonial Gang, an unrehearsed program presenting inside opinions and forecasts on major issues of the day. Here’s the moderator Jim McManis former editor of the Caprica Times.”

“Issue one: Fleet Famine,” began Jim McManis. “The mass conversion of Centurions to Human form Cylons has strained fleet food supplies to the breaking point. What can be done to better feed the fleet? John Calhoun?”

“Jim, the conversion of the Centurions has made them less effective contributors to this fleet,” said John Calhoun. “In my opinion, we should put all those former Centurions to work farming algae.”

“Playa?” redirected Jim.

“It’s not fair to the former Centurions to make them work like robots,” said Playa Palacios. “They’re only recently become human. What kind of message does it send to put them in bondage?”

“Do you agree with that, Bob?” asked Jim.

“We wouldn’t even have this food crisis if the Centurions had stayed robotic,” said Bob Barnes. “They should do their share of the work in feeding us.”

“How do you respond to that D’Anna?” asked Jim. “Oh, and welcome back, by the way.”

“Thank you, Jim,” replied D’Anna Biers. “The Centurions have already been enslaved twice, once by the Colonials and again by Cavil. They will not tolerate a third attempt to place them in bondage.”

“You are referring to John Cavil, the model One Cylon that enslaved the Centurions and led the destruction of the 12 Colonies,” explained Jim McManis. “Issue two: Hybrid babies. No less than seven model Eight Cylons had become pregnant. Should these hybrid babies be allowed to be born? Or should the pregnancies be terminated. I ask you, D’Anna Biers.”

“Absolutely not!” replied D’Anna. “It’s not possible for numbered Cylons to have children with each other. We’ve made numerous attempts. Mating with humans is our only hope of being able to experience parenthood.”

“How do you respond to that, Bob Barnes?” asked Jim McManis

“Government has no business telling people who they can and can not reproduce with,” replied Bob Barnes. “The Quorum should keep their noses out of the Cylons’ business.

“Do you agree with that, Playa?” asked Jim

“Absolutely,” replied Playa Palacios. “Every woman, even a Cylon woman, should have final say on her reproductive choices.”

“What do you have to say about that, John?” asked Jim McManis.

“These Cylon half human abominations are an existential thread to the survival of the Human race,” replied John Calhoun. “There ought to be mandatory abortions for any Cylon that gets impregnated by the Human being.”

“Issue three: The Final Five,” announced Jim McManis. “At a recent press conference President Gray revealed that four of the Final Five Cylons live amongst us. One of them is even Vice President Tory Foster. Another is the Commander of the Pegasus. This has drawn criticism from many members of the Quorum, most notibly, Sagittaron representative Tom Zarek. Should these High ranked Cylons be allowed to retain their positions? I ask you: Bob Barnes?”

“As long as they do well at their jobs, I have no problem with Cylon being a part of our command structure,” replied Bob Barnes. “But by the time they show signs of disloyalty, it may be too late to stop them.”

“Do you agree with that Playa?” asked Jim McManis.

“Absolutely,” replied Playa Palacios. “We should judge Cylons on the content of their character, not the mechanicalness of their firmware.

“D’Anna?” asked Jim McManis.

“We already have Cylons in control of half of our warships in the fleet,” pointed out D’Anna Biers. “And everyone under Commander Tigh is fully Human. If we are to be accepted into this fleet, it should be as full members of society, not pariahs.”

“How do you respond to that, John?” asked Jim McManis.

“Having Cylons both in control of our most powerful warship and a heartbeat away from the presidency represents a grave threat to our safety,” replied John Calhoun. “In my opinion, these Cylons should be relieved of their positions and sent to live on one of the Base Ships.”

“Predictions? D’Anna Biers?” asked Jim McManis.

“I predict that by this time next year, there will be at least one former Centurion that has been impregnated and given birth to a baby with her Human husband.” said D’Anna Biers.

“Bob?” asked Jim McManis.

“The influx of former Centurions into the fleet workforce will increase the productivity of our industry,” replied Bob Barnes.

“Playa?” asked Jim McManis.

“The hybrid Cylon babies will be completely Human and it will not be possible to tell them from non-hybrid humans with a lab test.” said Playa Palacios.

“John?” asked Jim McManis.

“The anti-Cylon discontent in this fleet will continue to grow,” said John Calhoun. “and the the leader of the opposition, Tom Zarek will run against President Gray when he comes up for election.”

“You may be right,” replied Jim McManis. “And I predict that if Zarek does run, he’ll pick as his running mate: former Colonial Admiral, Helena Cain.

That’s all we have for this week. Bye Bye!”
Sign up to rate and review this story