Categories > TV > Star Trek: The Original Series > Star Infinity

Chapter II

by Big_J 0 reviews

The Suprederation's 140th anniversary celebration is interrupted with news of the Milky Way's intruder.

Category: Star Trek: The Original Series - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Parody,Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-10-21 - Updated: 2023-09-14 - 770 words - Complete

0Unrated
October 1, 3301

It is the 140th anniversary of the foundation of the United Suprederation of Galaxies. In front of the Palais de la Concorde stands the president of the Suprederation, their entourage, and two human males in Starfleet uniforms, who stand on either side of the president.

"Allow me to introduce our newest chief of Starfleet operations: Admiral Alex Kurtzman!" the president announces.

The audience of spectators and reporters boo and heckle Kurtzman.

"Thank you, Your Presidency. Not only are we here to celebrate our beloved Suprederation's one-hundred-fortieth birthday, but the accomplishments of one of Starfleet's finest. Captain Joshua Picard-Kirk, by the authority vested in me as chief of Starfleet operations, I hereby promote you to the rank of Rear Admiral, Lower Half—"

The audience laughs.

"Er—and assign to you command of our newest flagship: U-S-S Enterprise, N-C-C, one-seven-zero-one, double-A."

The audience laughs harder; one of the spectators points at and mocks Picard-Kirk, saying, "Him? Captain of the Enterprise!? Give me a break!" The laughter continues.

Picard-Kirk, Kurtzman, and the president all look at each other. After a bit, the laughter finally quiets down. Kurtzman then exchanges the rank insignia on Picard-Kirk's uniform.

The wrist computer of the president's aide beeps, and they put their hand to their ear, "Yes? I'll tell them right away. Your Presidency, Commander Jim Starling of New Earth Spacedock just informed me that they have received an urgent message from Zeta Ten."

"Zeta Ten—that old rust bucket of a comm station near the galactic barrier?" the president inquires.

"That's the one, Your Presidency," the aide confirms.

"Patch it through to my office," the president orders, "Oh, and this ceremony is over; you can all go back to your pathetic and meaningless lives," the president says to the audience. As the audience disperses, another spectator makes an obscene gesture toward the president by extending their right middle finger.

"Frak you!" they shout.

"And a double 'frak you' to you!" the president responds, extending both their middle fingers and their tongue. The president then angrily shouts, "Can you believe these people!? You two! Come with me!" Kurtzman and Picard-Kirk look at each other and then follow the president into the palace.

"So much for the 'enlightened' thirty-fourth century," the president's aide mumbles, rolls their eyes, and shakes their head. They follow them inside.


The president, their entourage, Kurtzman, and Picard-Kirk enter the president's office. The president sits at their desk and holds a button on it.

"Play the signal," they order, and they release the button. Everyone takes their seats as Commander Xon and Lieutenant Commander Sloot appear on the monitor on the wall in front of the president.

"New Earth Spacedock, this is Zeta Ten. Yesterday, the D-V-B-G intercepted a bright pink cloud that had breached the galactic barrier. Only the U-S-S Fairy Princess survived the encounter. Apparently, the U-S-S Fred Rogers' drunken tactical officer passed out and accidentally fired a torpedo at the nebula rather than a probe, and the cloud took this action as hostile.

"This 'Barbie Nebula', at least that's what Commander Sloot is calling it, is now heading toward Earth, and Zeta Ten is right in its path. Like V'ger before it, the nebula itself is a sort of power field. The diameter of the cloud measures roughly one hundred astronomical units. Anyway, our admittedly feeble attempts to communicate with the 'Barbie Nebula' have failed, and we believe that it may think our scans are an act of hostility."

"V'ger's sister is probably in there, but all our scans are being reflected back," Sloot says. Then the red alert klaxons of Zeta X blare, "Xon, the Barbie Nebula is launching her lightning balls at us!"

"Lightning balls!?"

"Well, that's what they look like!"

"Gah, whatever! All hands, this is Commander Xon! We are evacuating! Either beam to the Fairy Princess or get to an escape pod! I will not be disintegrated today!" Xon orders and the monitor goes black.


As escape pods launch from Zeta X, the "Barbie Nebula" unleashes its "lightning balls", which strike the station and envelop it in bright pink light. Some of the escape pods are unfortunate victims of the nebula's onslaught. Xon shakes his head as he witnesses Zeta X's fate from his escape pod.

Xon sighs, "There goes my day job."

Xon then sees the Fairy Princess out the window, which is subsequently replaced by a view of one of her cargobays, as his pod is beamed aboard. All the surviving escape pods, with others being beamed in, are there as well. After the Fairy Princess retrieves the escape pods, she goes to hyperwarp.
Sign up to rate and review this story