Categories > TV > Star Trek: The Original Series > Star Infinity

Chapter V

by Big_J 0 reviews

Picard-Kirk, like his ancestor before him, grows impatient, nearly getting his ship destroyed and crew killed.

Category: Star Trek: The Original Series - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Parody,Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-10-23 - Updated: 2023-09-14 - 1046 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Enterprise clears the heliosphere of the solar system, as Molly plays Dig Dug on her console.

"All right, Molly, get off that game, and prepare to take us to hyperwarp," Picard-Kirk orders.

Rona pipes up, "Excuse me, sir, but engineering reports that they need more time to perform simulations. Because of the damage to the port hyperwarp nacelle, the hyperwarp plasma had to be redistributed among the remaining three nacelles. There may be a risk of a matter-antimatter imbalance because of that, which could create a wormhole should we engage the hyperwarp drive now."

Despite having earphones in her ears, Tubman hears the word "wormhole", wondering to herself, "Wait, did someone say 'wormhole'?" as her eyes grow wide.

Picard-Kirk growls impatiently, pressing a button on the right arm of his command chair.

"Damn it, engineering! Give me hyperwarp!"

"But sir, we need further simulation on the flow sensors!" the voice of a Gorn, Lieutenant "Lizzie", comes over the intercom, speaking with elongated "S" sounds.

"Who is this!?" Picard-Kirk demands loudly.

"This is the deputy chief engineer, sir," Lizzie replies.

"I want to talk to the chief engineer!"

Lizzie sighs and facepalms, as they practically are the chief engineer, but Lizzie motions for Monique to come over.

"Uh, hello, Admiral," Monique says.

"Where is my hyperwarp, Commander!?" Picard-Kirk asks loudly.

"Uh—er," Monique stammers.

"Well—?" Picard-Kirk presses.

Lizzie shakes their head, exasperated. They pull out a flashcard and a mechanical ballpoint ink pen out of their pants pocket, extend the point, and write on the flashcard. They then present it to Monique.

Monique struggles to read the poor handwriting on the flashcard, "We need—uh—further simulation on the—um—flow sensors."

"Engineering, I need hyperwarp speed now!"

"We'll get right on it, sir."


In engineering, Monique cuts the channel, saying, "He's in a wee bit of a snit, isn't he?"

"He's a disgrace to the uniform!" Lizzie hisses, tearing the flashcard into several pieces and throwing them into the air. Lizzie then turns to a dark-skinned, black-haired engineer with an afro and goatee, "What have you got?"

"This is it, sir. I can't do any better."


On the bridge, Monique's voice comes over the intercom, again struggling to read the bad handwriting on another one of Lizzie's flashcards.

"It's—er—borderline on the simulator, sir. I can't—uh—guarantee that she'll hold up."

Pressing the comm button on the right arm of his command chair, Picard-Kirk orders, "Hyperwarp drive, Commander La Forge! Accelerate to hyperwarp factor thirteen, Molly."

"Accelerating to hyperwarp factor thirteen, sir," Molly obliges, pushing the throttle forward on her console. The ship then jumps to hyperwarp in a manner similar to the Enterprise in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.


As the ship climbs up to hyperwarp factor 13, Larry has a quiet conversation with Rona at her station.

"Shouldn't you be in sickbay or something?" Rona inquires.

"Probably, but I gotta keep an eye on Tubman. Knowing her, she probably didn't take her medication," Larry explains.

"Oh."

"So, what's been going on?" Larry wonders.

"We went to see Morgan Freeman," Rona replies.

"Morgan Freeman?"

"Yeah, Josh took us to the holomatrix and had a hologram of Morgan Freeman read our biographies," Rona then looks over her shoulder and motions for Larry to come closer, "Apparently, Josh was once Twi'lek Shran's aide, and he got busy with her."

Larry's jaw drops, "No way! Twi'lek Shran!? Does that mean that Molly and Polly are—?"

Rona nods.

"What are you two conspiring about?" Picard-Kirk asks, startling them.

"Nothing!" they blurt as they look toward him. Picard-Kirk leers at Rona and Larry incredulously.

"We are now at hyperwarp factor thirteen, sir," Molly announces. Picard-Kirk turns to look at the viewscreen.

"And not a wormhole in sight," Picard-Kirk sticks his nose up smugly and turns his chair toward Rona and Larry again.

"Now—" but Picard-Kirk is interrupted by the blaring of the red alert klaxons. Picard-Kirk scowls and turns his chair to see that filling the viewscreen is a lime-green wormhole, similar in shape to the orange one from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Tubman screams and starts running around the bridge in a panic. Larry chases her down, sedates her, and carries her off the bridge to take her to sickbay. Sonic sighs, activating his console's ability to handle communications, making him wonder what need there is for a dedicated communications console or officer.

Decker states the obvious, "Wormhole!"

Sonic rolls his eyes and quips sarcastically, "Naw, ya think!?"

Picard-Kirk smacks Decker on the back of the head, taking out his disgust at the turn of events on him. Picard-Kirk then demands to know, "Why the hell did this have to happen, and why the hell is the thing lime-green!?" He then orders, "Deactivate the hyperwarp drive! An asteroid better not sneak in either!"

Molly pulls back on the throttle to drop from hyperwarp.

"I've deactivated the hyperwarp drive, sir. However, it will take a few seconds before the wormhole dissipates and we slow to sublight speed," Molly reports. Her console then beeps, "Uh-oh!"

"What is it?"

"You know how you said that an asteroid better not sneak in?"

"Yeah."

"Well, unfortunately, an asteroid was pulled into the wormhole, and it's roughly the size of Ceres!"

Picard-Kirk rests his head in his hands, exasperated.

"Ceres is the one past Neptune, right?" Decker queries.

Rona, still turned toward the viewscreen, opens her mouth and raises her index finger to answer, but Sonic beats her to it.

"That's Pluto!" he shouts. Rona promptly closes her mouth and lowers her finger.

"Pluto? You silly hologram, Pluto is Mickey Mouse's dog! Although, I wonder how a mouse even has a dog."

Sonic and Rona facepalm at the first officer's stupidity.

"Does this thing have weapons!?" Picard-Kirk inquires.

"Well, duh! Didn't you study the ship's specs!?" Sonic asks.

"I haven't had time!"

Sonic rolls his eyes, "This ship is equipped with molecular disruptors, chroniton torpedoes, and parodion torpedoes."

"Parodion torpedoes?"

"They are a new torpedo type introduced with this ship. At full yield, a single parodion torpedo is capable of blasting Earth's moon to rubble."

"Well, arm one and fire!"

The Enterprise launches an iridescent torpedo, which utterly annihilates the asteroid. The wormhole then dissipates as the Enterprise slows to sublight speed.
Sign up to rate and review this story