Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Heartless: The End Of Me

Difficult Choices

by darks00 4 reviews

choices, they're so hard...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-09-30 - Updated: 2006-09-30 - 998 words

0Unrated
JULIUS' POINT OF VIEW:

I bit my lip. "Is there any chance of her surviving?"

"Yes. There is. But it's very, very, slim. How she survived a bullet in the head, I have no clue." Shrugged Scarlett. "but she would have brain damage. She'd never be the same. Her brain would be praticly dead. She wouldn't be able to feed herself...she'd have to be in a wheelchair..."

Words were stuck in my throat.

"She's suffering, man. But it's your choice." Al told me. "She's really like a daughter to me...she is." -He wiped a tear- "But I can't stand her suffering."

"I hate seeing her suffering, too." I admitted, also wiping a tear. "But...I don't want to let her go. I'm nothing without her."

Scarlett put a hand on my shoulder. "I know. But I believe things happen for a reason. Maybe...it's...her time."

Scarlett went up to Al. "Maybe we should let him be alone for a moment."

Al nodded, as they left. I went to Delilah, with bloodshot eyes. I could barely see through the tears. I held her hand, while strocking her other cheek with my other hand.

"Oh, Delilah..." I said slowly. "I don't know what to do. I really don't want you to suffer...but I don't want to let you go...I need you, De."

I sobbed. "I don't know what to do. I don't want to murder her. It's wrong. But it's wrong to let her suffer like this...I'm so confused..."

"Delilah, you're everything to me. Please, don't leave me. Not like this. I need you. Please."

It was useless. Even if she did wake up, I heard Al. She'd suffer brain damage. Suffer her whole life. I always believed mercy killing was wrong. I always did. But being put in this situation...

I continued to her her oxygen mask and her heart moniter. She was still alive. Maybe she could hear me.

"What should I do, Delilah?" I moaned as if she could talk. "Want do you want?"

I couldn't stand it. She was suffering. I knew in my heart what I had to do. What would I want Delilah to do if I was in her situation? I wouldn't want to suffer...yet she wouldn't want to let me go...I know that. But...if she'll be suffering and have brain damage...she'll probley forget me. I had to listen to my heart. She was only living thanks to a machine. Would I like that if I was in her position?

"I love you, Delilah. I'm not giving up on you. I'm setting you free. I know we'll see each other again. Someday."

I moved Delilahs hair out of her face. I kissed her pale cheek. "Please forgive me, Delilah. I love you."

I went to the plugging that held Delilahs life. I hesitated. The plug that held Delilahs fate. her life. And I was going to end it. I tried to tell myself she was suffering. I'm not murdering her. I'm helping her.

Then I did it- I pulled the plug.

Delilahs heart moniter went to a solid line. It beeped loud, reminding me that Delilahs no longer with me. She's gone. She went heaven.

Good bye, Delilah...

____________________________________________________________

THAT NIGHT:

I sighed, as I layed in my bed. Delilah was in my mind. I was her murderer. I tried not to think of it that way. I was helping her. She was suffering, like Al said. I cried myself to sleep.

_______________________________________________________

(a/n: Julius' dream)

Where was I?

I was blinded by a yellow light all around me. A tall, skinny woment approched me. She had dark, blue eyes with long, curly blonde hair. She wore all white.

"Julius, hi," She said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"None of importance."

"Where are we?"

"This is your dream, dear Julius...yet it's reality. You have a choice."

"And what's that?"

"...do you want to leave this life?"

"WHAT?"

"Do you want to be re-united with Delilah? You said it yourself...you're nothing without her."

Without a doubt, without hesitation, I said, "Yes."

"Remember. You're leaving your old life behind. You will never see that academy again." She warned.

I thought of Al, Scarlett and Nosey. Did I really want to leave them behind? No. But...this was Delilah...I wanted to see her again...

I slowly said..."Yes. Please...let me see Delilah..."

"You will be dead...you know this, right? You'll die in your sleep."

"I don't care. Please, let me be with her again..."

"Ok." She said.

The light slowly faded, and so did the girl. Then I saw her. I saw the brunette hair with the hazel eyes, Delilah...

"DELILAH!" I cried out.

"Julius..."

We both ran up to each other, and held each other in a hug. I gave her a kiss. We were both crying.

"We're together again...I'm so sorry I had to...unplug you..."

"I understand, Julius. And I thank you. I was suffering, Julius. You saved me from it."

I nodded.

"I'm scared, Julius." She told me. "I don't know what this place is...are what we're supposed to do here..."

"I understand." I told her.

I grabbed her hand. "But whatever it is...we'll go through it...together."

________________________________________________________

EPILOGUE:

Death is like leaving her shell behind on earth. But our souls will live on. We'll all be together one day. Death hurts. Don't get me wrong. But if you think of it this way...if there was no death, horrible people like Hitler would still be alive. Tourmenting us. If there was no death, the world would be over populated, and we would probley distroy the earth. If there wasn't death...feelings for other people wouldn't be as strong. Death keeps us from doing stupid things. And it does bring us closer to our loved ones. Even if it does hurt.

Death just means saying good bye...but only for now.

THE END

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story