Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Back To Normal

by story_master 13 reviews

Things return to normal for the heroes.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-30 - Updated: 2006-10-01 - 1075 words

1Exciting
Tory: Me again! Okay so this is the last chapter for this story. But I'm thinking about doing a sequel. But I'll only write one if that's what you guys, or girls, want. So review saying whether you would or wouldn't read a sequel.
Ferrets: Tory does not own CotT.
Tory: Thanks to all those who have read and reviewed this story. You rock! Now on with the ending...


The heroes gave the pendant to Hera which she safely locked up. Then the heroes went back to the brownstone to celebrate. Theresa and Atlanta made some snacks while Herry and Odie went to the store for refreshments. Jay and Archie set up the bar b que and Neil was... well being Neil.

" Okay we've got the drinks!" Herry exclaimed as he and Odie arrived back home.

" And we've got the snacks!" Atlanta replied as her and Theresa came out of the kitchen.

The four headed up to the roof to join the others. As they opened the door they were greeted with the smell of burgers and hotdogs.

" Smells good." Theresa said as she walked over to Jay and Archie.

" Yeah. That smells awsome!" Herry added.

Neil put on some music while the food was served. The heroes ate their food and talked about what a crazy week it had been. As the night wore on the heroes retired to bed or went inside to walk t.v. Beofer long Theresa was alone on the rooftop.

She sat on the edge and looked out at the city below her. The images of the past few days flashed through her mind. She couldn't believe that mere hours ago the entire world had looked like a giant waste land.

" Want some company?" a voice asked from behind her.

She turned around to see Jay standing in the doorway.

" Sure." she replied.

He walked over and sat beside her. They sat in silence for a while just enjoying each others company. They looked out at the lit up city. Jay knew somehting was bugging Theresa and she had a feeling he knew.

" You okay?" he asked.

" Yeah." she replied innocently.

He didn't buy it.

" Come on. I know somethings wrong. What is it?" Jay asked as he looked at her.

" What did I do when I was hipnotized? I can remember some of it but only seconds at a time." she replied as she lowered her eyes.

" You kidnapped us all and attacked us." Jay replied remembering the fight they had against her.

It was silent for a minute.

" Now I have a question for you." Jay said.

" What is it?" she asked as her emerald eyes met his brown ones.

" When Cronus ordered you to kill me you hesitated. Why?" Jay asked. He wasn't complaining but it had been bugging him.

" I guess I fought off the voice in my head long enough to stop myself from going through with it." Theresa replied.

" Well I'm glad." Jay said with a smile as he looked back out to the city.

" Me too." she agreed not wanting to live in a world without him.

They sat in silence once more and just enjoyed the peace. Theresa leaned her head on his shouoder as she slowly drifted to sleep. Jay put his arm around her. He was starting to fall asleep too. But before he could get up and go inside he was out cold. He and Theresa lay on the roof, her in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the living room Archie and Atlanta were still up, watching t.v. They were both exhausted and sore from the week. They sat in silence while Archie flipped through the channels trying to find something worth while watching.

" Hey Arch..." Atlanta started.

" Yeah?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the t.v.

" Thanks for saving all of us." she said.

He turned and looked at her. She had a smile across her face.

" No problem. The world would be a pretty bad place if I didn't have you guys." Archie replied. ' it would suck if I didn't have you.' he added in his mind.

" Well I'm getting pretty tired. I think I'll go to bed." she said as she yawned and stretched.

" Hey Atlanta..." Archie started as Atlatna started towards the stairs.

" Yeah?" she asked turning around.

He looked into her eyes. ' I have to tell her how I feel.' he thought as she stood there.

" Uhh. Good night." he chickened out.

" Yeah. Uhh good night." she rpelied before disappearing upstairs.

' Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!' Archie scowlded himslef for not telling her.. again. He was getting pretty tired too. He turned off the t.v. and headed to bed too.

That night Atlanta was laying in her bed thinking about Archie. Over the past week she had seen a whole new side of him. One that she really liked. ' Uhhh! I can't like him. He's my best friend. It would just be too weird. Right?' she thought as she tossed and turned. Eventually she fell into a deep sleep. Her dreams were full of her best friend. Archie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie also had a hard time finding sleep. He kept thinking about Atlanta and the past week. He kept telling himself ' I'll tell her tomorrow. I'll tell her tomorrow.' But when tomorrow came he put it off again. ' Why can't I just tell her?' he asked himself as he stared up at his white ceiling. Eventually, like all of his teammates, he fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning came very fast. Too fast for the heroes. They were still recovering from their battle. Even though their wounds had disappeared and they had regained their energy they were still sore and in pain. But they knew that they had to get up. Who knows what plans Cronus would have for them. They all met in the kitchen where they normally did. They ate breakfast and talked. Things were back to normal.... well as normal as their lives could get.
~*~

THE END...?

AUTHORS NOTE: There you have it. It's over. cries uncontrollably. But if you guys or girls want a sequel I shall write one. So review saying whether you want one or not. Well I guess that's all. Keep an eye out for my sequel to Illusion Island. I'll be writing that soon. And I'll be adding a new story tomorrow. It's called ' Unravelled Prophesy.' Well Goodbye for now. I hope you've enjoyed my story. Please R+R.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story