Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Seeing Double

Chapter 1

by jekka10 2 reviews

On a walk, Jay and Theresa see Herry, but when he sides with Cronus, is it really Herry? While they look at this new addition to their enemys' side, Herry stands beside them. What's going on? JxT s...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-30 - Updated: 2006-10-01 - 840 words

1Original
Hello everyone, my name's Jekka. My first fan-fic, so any con-crit would be greatly appreciated. I won't always update, as writing comes second to my drawings. Usually I only like writing when I'm in the mood which is not often. I hope to update soon. Anyways enjoy. )




In the Brownstones living room, six out of seven descendents of great Greek heroes were seated. Each doing their own thing. Theresa was reading a magazine, smirking at Archie and Atlanta. At the moment they were comparing all their battle scars, which there was many of. Arguing over who had more, which were bigger, and so on. She sighed, wondering if Atlanta would ever notice Archie's affection. Herry was zoned into the television, slouching on the armchair with some sort of sandwich in his hand, and Odie focusing on his hand-held video game, letting everyone know what level he was on and when he got on that level. Neil of course, was starring into his mirror. Doing anything to perfect his appearance, oblivious to any other interactions around the room. The missing teen was up on the rooftop, and Theresa decided to go investigate, there was nothing better to do.



Jay was peering through a telescope, up into the stars. Lost in thought, he was unable to hear the door click open. Theresa peered at him, surprised he wasn't working on something about Cronus. Not wanting him to notice her, she tip-toed towards him, around his back.

"BOO!"

"ARGH! Jeeze Theresa, do you gotta do that?" Jay responded.

"Uh, no duh. I couldn't awake you from your dream softly now could I?" Theresa smiled.

Jay blinked, getting lost in her eyes. Damn it, stay focused. Your having a "pleasant" conversation.

Theresa spoke up, "Do you wanna go for a walk or something? It's still pretty early and I'm bored."

Jay nodded his head in agreement. It was still early in the day, bring around 8:30 PM. Totally dark out though, since the days were short and the season was cold. They walked down to the main level and shouted to the living room that they were going for a walk through New Olympia. Neil was the only one who heard and yelled an okay. Jay rolled his eyes as he knew he wouldn't notify the others until they asked. They grabbed their coats and shut the front door, finally hearing peace. They walked silently and saw Herry ahead of them. Jay started shouting for the young boy, and walking faster towards him. Theresa held back and stayed still.

"Theresa? Aren't you wondering why Herry's out here?" Jay asked.

"That's not him, I sense it," Theresa explained, "that's not Herry at all."

"He looks exactly like Herry, how can it not be him?"

"I don't know, never mind, I must not be thinking clearly," Theresa sighed.

Jay grabbed her hand and started running. If he wasn't so focused on getting to his goal he would've seen the faint rouge glowing over her cheeks. She forced herself to stop and wondered if he felt the same way.

"HERRY! Hey Herry!"

Both started shouting at the teen who was coming closer into vision.

"Uh...who are you people?" asked Herry.

"We're you're friends Herry," Theresa replied, confused.

"I'm not Herry. My name's Phil. I just moved around here," explained 'Phil'.

Theresa was right, this isn't Herry, but he looks exactly the same, like a twin. Wait. Didn't Heracles have a brother? What was his name...urghhh Iphicles, that's it! This must be a descendant of Iphicles. I got to tell Theresa. Jay pulled Theresa away from the boy they just met. Theresa talked first.

"I told you it wasn't Herry, just some sort of twin...weird eh?"

"Yeah, I get it you were right. That may not be Herry but they're relatives."

"You'd think Herry would tell us that Jay."

Jay thought out how to explain this, he finally spoke, "Iphicles was a brother of Heracles. Although they were twins, only Heracles was an immortal hero. It was understood that Iphicles was the son of Alcmene and her mortal husband, while Heracles was the son of Alcmene and Zeus."

"What's that got to do with Phil?" Theresa asked, "How can you even be sure?"

"Phil is descended from Iphicles, don't you see? Genetics has caught up with them to look the same."

Theresa looked confused, yet was slowly taking this in./ Of course Jay knows all this and tells me all at once. He's still holding my hand...wait concentrate./

"Well this has nothing to do with us, we shouldn't bud in on a strangers' personal life."

"You're right Theresa, ready to go home?"

"Sure, I'll race you!" Her words slipped from her mouth and dropped in audible volume, she was already on the run. Jay sighed as the heat from his hand was now lost. He ran as fast as he could to catch up with her, with one last look at Phil.





Please read and review. Constructive crit. is always nice. Compliments too I guess.
Sign up to rate and review this story