Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Sun Rise Sun Set

For The Better

by Jasmine_1 4 reviews

What happens now? Get ready to find out what Atlanta does in a possible fluffy moment... (Read please! It's kind of weird... say anything critical, s'okay)

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-04 - Updated: 2006-10-04 - 1065 words

1Ambiance
...But sufficiently ruined it by jerking back, and muttering, " Like my hands or what Archie?" rather mockingly.
But weirdly enough , he was still calm, not stuttering or jerking himself away. He just turned to her and smiled embarassedly. A becoming blush blush relaxed onto his face. The teen began to respond slowly.
" Haha... sorry. Just in an awkward mood I guess." His voice not even faltering. The pink on his cheeks however, deepened to red.
She was gazing softly into his eyes and again felt the need to abolish the moment. They came closer as they sat, Archie still watching the plummeting sun, Atlanta, observing his pale grey eyes. She pondered how the glow from the sight highlighted his quirky features. And the hitch in time wherein Atlanta decided it was getting too much.
" Archie, what in the HECK are you doing out here, staring at a bunch of colors in the sky?" Atlanta smirked, playfulness was their game.
" Just thinking." he replied breezily.
" Are you... are you o-okay?" she suddenly felt nervous. Where was his 'tough guy, impress at all times' routine?
" I'm fine. It's just I'm trying to sort out everything. Answer some of the questions in my head, you know? What if none of this is real? Am I really crazy and imagining this? Am I fantasizing and you popped up? Hera, Persephone, everyone? How am I supposed to get better, get the girl?" he spoke softly, as if any sudden increase in voice would send his ramblings tumbling out. The roughness in his speaking barely reflected his talking. He then realized his mistake, " Not-not that I-I need to, or even th-that I think of her that often!"
Atlanta felt a pang of sadness at his mention of a crush, but her tough girl routine required her to brush it off. She also was relieved. His jittery goofball self was finally shining through once more. Another normal habit was exibited as he rubbed the back of his neck.
" Of course you could get any of the girls at school if you wanted..." 'Well me anyway-HEY! ATLANTA! Stop thinking that!' Atlanta felt a little miffed after she mumbled her thoughts.
" Any girl?"
She froze and swivelled her head. Archie's hair was messed in the wind and damp from mist. Did she actually say that out loud?
" Probably..."
He left it at that. Atlanta seemed pretty oblivious to his feelings, He loved her immensely, and that meant a lot coming from him. Only his mother could testify to being told that.
" What else were you thinking about?" she ventured. What were the inner makings of macho-man-Archie?
He proceeded to tell her everything, as he finally rambled the river of thought out. His dreams of one day being an olympic runner or a writer ('I want to touch people's minds, show them exactly what's in my mind') His readings, quoting from the well worn poetry covers. His inner questions, which they heavily discussed.
All the while he spilled his heart and soul, every drip squeezed out Atlanta caught. She wanted to savor the tangy and bittersweet dews of his thought provoking speech.
The redhead listened intently, all the while moving subconsciously closer to cover his palm with her own. The actions were inadvertant and unnoticed.
Archie closed off his faucet of thoughts with a sigh and laid back. He was drained. Atlanta did the same, scooting ever closer to her companion. He, in turn moved his arm around her frame, a soft blue headrest lay ready. She shivered slightly at the night cold, the mist having long gone. They furthered their contact, his other arm around her and hers resting atop his chest.
' A very well muscled chest... wait! Nah he does have a pretty good body. Darn that baggy sweater!' Atlanta's inner voices agreed.
' She's so close, and warm... real warm!' Archie realized.
" Arch, why do you put up an act? Why don't you show your intelligent side? How much you think? Your QUESTIONS?" she burst out. Hopefully she hadn't ruined the moment yet again. The sudden voice startled Archie, as well as herself. She was curious as to why however.
" Because..." he drew out, " I don't want them to think I'm deep and thoughtful. That I'm smarter than anyone else. I'm... pretty shallow. Everyone is really. Teresa always wants to have fun and look good, Jay has his battle techniques, Odie's technology, Herry and food, and Neil... well Neil's pretty self explanatory. I'm not really that smart or thoughtful."
" And what about me?" she muttered, almost bitterly. Atlanta was finding a way, any way to kill the feelings swirling into her. She was scared, and wanted to be reassured she wasn't going to be hurt.
" You... you're... perfect to me Lannie." he mumbled just as quietly back. She sighed, her face, unreadable. She seemed that way to him a lot lately.
" Archie... thanks. I'd say you're pretty perfect to me too..." Atlanta breathed, " Except for your closet poetry addictions, your knobby nose, and of course, the infamous heel!"
She smiled genuinely and flicked him on the nose. He smiled as well, happy as Hades at Macy's when purple's on sale. Even as she mocked him, he knew it was playfully. That was their special game after all.
" I really er- lo-like you, Lan." He stuttered embarassedly.
" I really like you too Archie...bald." she snickered. They finally had it. The way they wanted to be was not too far along the road, and they were blissfully happy. They wouldn't be too different off anyways, their dreams would just leak into reality.
As they both drifted off, they were still plagued with ponderings.
Atlanta, of her apparent boyfriend and still best friend next to her on the wet roof. She knew that she had unlocked a secret part of him and he in turn, opened up a new, more questioning side of her.
And Archie, of how he now had a girlfriend and someone besides himself to stare in wonderment at the sun and question.
And so they both felt their thoughts leak out as they fell asleep. Both awaiting the rising and falling sun.

--------------------
Doneness... and yes emma, cookies are good. If this seems weird, sorry, sometimes I just think of a sentence and need to mold a story around it. It's pretty fluffed. Yay! It's definitely longer anyhow. Hope you liked it!
Sign up to rate and review this story