Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not Sure If This Matters

Chapter 21- Lives Waiting To Begin

by moocow 5 reviews

Make my dreams come true and give me paragraph long reviews. please? oh yeah, Travi held my hand last night. It was...amazinger.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-06 - Updated: 2006-10-06 - 1186 words

2Exciting
I never really expected them all to leave in the next two days. What was worse was that Patrick and I had never talked about that night, and it just became awkward for when we were alone in that house together. I hated the fact I was letting it get to me.

Thinking it was all just a big scam.

Wham, bam, thank ya' mam.

----------

It was mid July and I found myself stomach down on the couch, arm thrown over the side, my hand lightly grazing the carpet.

Nothing much was on TV, except every time a Wednesday rolled around, it would always be from warped tour on Fuse. It saddened me, because every time I saw my boys, it worried me that I never even got a phone call.

It was on those warped Wednesdays that I cried.

I was sleeping on the couch, well, I was awake, just had my eyes closed. My breathing was shallow and the only sound that was coming in was the light pitter-patter of the sprinkling rain drops, those mid-summer ones, you know?

My ears perked up slightly as I heard a key giggle itself into my door, the lock turning and the door creaking open, the rain becoming slightly louder. I didn't dare to open my eyes until footsteps came over to me and a hand brushed against my cheek, pushing some loose strands of hair back. I burst open my eyes and gripped the wrist, pulling them closer, to examine just who it was.

"Holy," I cleared my eyes and huffed as a body fell slightly over me before falling on the ground and pulling me over them.

My vision was filled with a dark grey pull-over hoodie, and I blinked hard before using my arms to hold myself up and blow the hair out of my face. I shrieked, shortly as Patrick's nervous, sheepish toothy smile filled my vision.

"Holy crap, when'd you get a key?" I asked and he smirked, folding his hands over his chest and clearing his throat.

"Pete gave it to me," I raised an eyebrow. "Apparently it's one that Ashley gave to him," I sighed, exhausted and shook my head, leaning back to sit on my knees. Patrick sat up as well and twiddled is thumbs for a while.

"So..." he started and I smirked.

"I missed you," I whispered and he looked up for a minute, trying to catch my eyes.

He soon slightly opened his arms and I smiled lightly before leaning forward and letting him encircle me in a hug.

"I'm only here for a week," he whispered and I breathed in.

"Where are the others?" I asked and Patrick buried his nose in my hair.

"They are still stuck on that bus during the break...I wanted to come back," I nodded into his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Did your conscious get the best of you?" I asked and heard him smirk.

"You could say that," he whispered and I sighed.

"I'm still pretty tired," I spoke after the silence and pulled back, my hands still resting on his shoulders.

"Have you been sleeping out here?" Patrick asked, looking at the couch. I nodded a couple of times.

"For the last month, yeah...and pigging out on Ben and Jerry's" I joked and Patrick shook his head, hand twitching slightly at my side.

"Let's get some sleep, k?" he asked and I nodded.

"Ok," I whispered.

----------

I looked up at the sky as Patrick and I walked through the park, my light yellow sundress flowing in the summer breeze. The half jacket I wore with it was now in my purse and I couldn't help but blush every time Patrick's hand brushed against mine, and his meek 'sorrys' that came out when they did.

I spotted an ice cream vendor and nudged Patrick. He smiled and nodded, leaving me at a nearby bench while he walked over and stood in line. I sighed and listened as the bird chirped until my cell started to ring. I picked it up and answered as usual.

"Jenny, its Andy!" I laughed as a familiar voice filled my ears.

"Hello," I cooed and he smirked.

"You hanging with Patrick? Or did you guys decide to re-populate again?" I slightly widened my eyes.

"Who told you?" I asked quickly in a whisper. Andy sighed.

"Patrick did when he was freaking out. He's been so, out of it since we left and finally fussed up to me what was bothering him," he said and I swallowed, not in the mood for this conversation.

"Was it really that big of a mistake?" I croaked and Andy sighed, annoyed.

"Jenny, he loves you, get that through your head, ok?" I looked over at where Patrick was going through his wallet, the second in line. "He just felt guilty about leaving you without talking about...well, what you guys did," I gulped.

"I love him too, but how come he hasn't said anything?" I asked and Andy smirked.

"Because Patrick needs a sign..." I nodded to myself and saw Patrick walking back over. I ended the conversation with Andy and arched an eyebrow at Patrick's empty hands.

"I forgot that I didn't handle cash anymore," I smirked and stood up, shrugging.

"I don't care," I mumbled and Patrick sighed, turning with me.

We kept walking and I bit my lip, in deep thought about what Andy was talking about. It was when Patrick snuck his hand over and intertwined our hands that I stopped walking and turned over to a secluded little garden with a giant tree. Patrick raised an eyebrow as I leaned against the tree and sighed.

"What's the matter?" Patrick begged and I sighed.

"What are we?" I asked, and Patrick gulped, biting his lip for a moment.

"Jenny," he started and walked over, taking my hands and rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles.

"Patrick, I want the truth," I whispered and he closed his eyes.

"It's a matter of what you want," he paused and gulped again. "If you want to...be together, then I'll be more than happy to do that, but," he paused again and looked up, locking our eyes. "If you don't want anything to do with me, relationship wise, then we can stay friends, just as we always were," I bit my lip and Patrick started to let go of my hands.

I pulled him back and as his hands left mine to hold my waist, I drastically wrapped my own around his neck and kissed him hard, making his eyes flutter closed and his head tilt into the kiss, smiling. I pulled away satisfied and bit my lip.

"I fucking love you, now stop doubting me," I whispered and Patrick laughed, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too, Jenny," he whispered back and I nodded, smiling.

"Can we be perfect now?" I asked and Patrick shook his head.

"No," I frowned slightly and creased my eyebrows together.

"Why?" I asked and he smirked to himself.

"Because we can only get amazinger from here on out,"
Sign up to rate and review this story