Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Opposites Attract

Chapter 8: Wake Up Call

by Lillith_Thursday 2 reviews

The truth comes out and things are set right.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-07 - Updated: 2006-10-07 - 3136 words

0Unrated
Brendon POV


I had gotten into my car. I turned the ignition on and The Verve's 'Bittersweet Symphony' was playing in mid-song. I then realized that Kerri's cd was still in my player. I took it out and read the writing on it.

"Kerri's cd for Brendon."

God, I feel horrible.
"Fucking Audrey." I mumble under my breath.

How could I have gotten myself into this mess? It's like a scene in a really bad movie plot. How was I going to tell Kerri that this was all a huge misunderstanding?

A million ideas raced though my head as I began my drive back to the hotel. Maybe I should call her and tell her. Wait, I don't have her cell phone number. I can always try to leave a message with the front desk but will she except it? I just had to try. All I know is that I didn't dare want to go to her directly. I called the front desk at her hotel as I neared going back to my hotel room. I worked my way over to the stairs. I really needed to get my stress out and taking the elevator wasn't going to make me any better.

"Can you please give a message to Kerri Cranes for me please Ma'am?"
"Yes Sir, I sure can."
"Please tell her that she needs to call me at this number. 413-847-0538. It's really important."
"I will be sure to tell her."
"Thank you."
"It's not a problem, Sir."

I shut my phone off as I reached my door.

I walked in and slammed the door. I interrupted Ryan before he could even get a syllable out as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't ask."
"Okay. I won't" he looked at me worried.
"I'm just going to take a shower and go to sleep. Tell Spence and Jon that I don't feel like explaining and I just want to go to bed so don't bother me." I said grabbing some underwear out of my duffle bag and walking to the bathroom.
"Will do buddy."



Kerri POV

It's been three days and we still haven't gotten the news about the record label. I haven't talked to Brendon either. I've heard around town that the other night was their last night for their tour this year. I still seem to think of him often; mainly in my dreams. I've received all of his messages and cards and balloons but I feel that nothing will ever make it up to me. If he really meant all of these things, he would come to me face to face, right?

I sat with my legs pushed up to my chest on my bed. Brendon was all that I seemed to think about. It wasn't that long since I started dating him and I remembered how short it was to have dated him. Did I really even date him? Why do I always seem to pick the bad guys; the ones that always cheat on me. And how could he have cheated on me with... her. She looks like a slut anyway. What does Brendon see in her?

Jenn came though the bathroom door into the bed room.

"You ready, Ker?"
"I guess so." I released my legs and scooted off the bed. "Just let me find my shoes."

All of us had a show to do today. I really didn't feel like going but I knew that I had to just so we'd get paid and I'd have my own money to spend on things I really didn't need.

My stomach churned at the thought that Brendon might be there and how I would practically be forced to speak with him. I could just imagine his convo with me.

"Hi Kerri. How is your gullible, pathetic life?"
"Well, I..."
"Audrey and I are great. She's having my babies. Twins. A boy and a girl named Audrey and Brendon junior."

I stuck my tongue out in disgust.

"What? You don't like this shirt?" Rachel asked.
"No, I was just thinking."
"Kerri, get over him already. He treated you like shit so just fuck him."
"I wish I could."
"God, you don't need to do that after what he did to you."
"No, I was meaning what you meant by it. You know; getting over him." I emphasized my last words.
"Oh. Yeah." She smiled audaciously like she had actually accomplished an unconquerable task.
"I swear Rae; you are getting about as bad as Andrea."
"Hey, I resent that remark."
"Chill out Andrea, damn." Kaci rolled her eyes.
"Well, let's get a move on. We've got to go in just a minute." I said tying my laces together.

We already had most of our stuff in my car so we just carried what few items were left and ourselves out the door.



Brendon POV

I feel miserable. Without her here, it just feels pointless. I feel worse than I did when Audrey had dumped me.

I lay back on the bed and closed my eyes.

"Brendon?" Spencer called my name and I opened my eyes again.
"What?"
"Are you still thinking about Kerri."
"Yes."
"Why do you torture yourself like this man? She's not coming back. I think you should have gotten the point by now. She hasn't answered your calls; you don't ever see her around. Face it, she's gone man. Why stay here if she's not going to come back."
"Don't say that Spence. Deep down, I think she knows."
"If that's what you want to believe, then go right ahead. I can't change your mind and I can't stop you from trying."

I sighed.

"I just want you to quit whining like a baby and get your ass up and do something with the rest of us. Come clubbing with us tonight, Bren."
"Thanks but no thanks, Spence. I'm just gonna stay here and write a letter to her this time. Maybe she'll change her mind."

He smiled weakly at me and patted my shoulder.

"Do whatever you think will bring her back."

I smiled and he left the room.

I pulled my notebook out that I write my song ideas on. I try to help Ryan with lyrics as much as possible. I turned to a blank page and started to write.


Kerri POV

We had gotten to the show a couple of hours before we needed to go on. We all enjoyed the bands that played before us so we went early.

Our time had approached and we set up our things. It was a diminutive crowd tonight. I've never seen so little amount of people not show up for us. I guess we were getting old and worn by now. We played here 215 shows a year and we've been playing for 3 years. We never change a song that we played what-so-ever but I felt so horrible that it sort of just come out that way.

"Okay. This is one of our earlier songs so bear with us on the words. I was 13 when I wrote this but I actually want to change a couple of words here."

Andrea stopped tuning her bass and tapped me on the shoulder.

"What in the hell are you doing?"
"Relax. It's all gonna flow right."
"I sure hope so."
"It will. Just get ready."

She walked back and we all got tuned.

"Like I said, this was written when I was 13. I'm just going to change a couple of words. It's called West Side Story."

Brendon's a song that's in my head,
Brendon's a name I've always said,
But his friends say he's too good for me,
It's kinda like a Westside Story
He's the only one for me.
He's the only guy I see,
Can't seem to find a damn thing wrong with him, Brendon


"Everyday I see his friends talking 'bout me
But I know there's something there that no one can see
It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet,
Like were living on a movie set.
Montague and Capulet; make your daddy sweat,
Cause he wishes we had never met,
Says that I can make his world go 'round
God knows I feel it too
I'm so in love
I'm so in love I'm so in love with you

Brendon's a song that's in my head,
Brendon's a name I've always said,
But his friends say he's too good for me,
It's kinda like a Westside Story
He's the only one for me.
He's the only guy I see,
Can't seem to find a damn thing wrong with him, Brendon



Your brothers say it's over now, they're looking for me
But I know there's something there that no one can see
It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet
Like we're living on a movie set
I'm a shark and you're a jet
Make your momma sweat cause
she wishes we had never met
Says that I can make his world go 'round
God knows I feel it too
I'm so in love with you


Johnny rock it. Got his number in my pocket
We was on the run, daddy got a gun
Stop it.
Playing' with Brendon, he's got me now.
But his father's got a biscuit and it might go POW
I'm shaking and breaking and making and baking
and doing what he ain't
Crooning and tuning I'm dropping the mike
and smacking the mike,
And I'm still gonna be
You can't stop the gold rush
and you can't stop love
So it's kinda like a love being prayed to the Lord above

Says that I just make the world go 'round
God knows I feel it too
I'm so in love...with you


Brendon's a song that's in my head,
Brendon's a name I've always said,
But his friends say he's too good for me,
It's kinda like a Westside Story
He's the only one for me.
He's the only guy I see,
Can't seem to find a damn thing wrong with him, Brendon

I turned around and all of them looked at me and shook their heads.

"What?" I look shocked.
"You aren't gonna get over him anytime soon are you?" Andrea grinned.
"Not by a long shot. You know me Andrea."
"I shouldn't have even asked."
"That's right." I laughed as I punched her in the arm.

We faced back around and played the rest of our set.


Brendon POV

I finished my letter. It took me awhile to write it to be honest. What between taking a shower, eating, and taking a 2 hour nap and all. I had to make it sound right. I had to make sure that she knew what happened and how I truly feel about her.

I took myself over to her apartment. I hope she answers the door.

Her short, dark headed friend answered the door.

"What do you want, Urie?" she looked angry and annoyed.
"I came to give this to Kerri."
"She isn't here."
"Are you sure? Kerri! Kerri!"

She closed the door a little.

"I told you that she isn't here."
"Will you be sure she gets this?"

I handed her the letter and she took it from me.

"Yeah, sure."
"Thank you."
"Whatever."

She closed the door on me and I went back to my car.


Kerri POV

"Here, this is for you." Kaci handed it to me as I walked from the bathroom while drying my hair with a towel.
"What is it?"
"It's a letter from Brendon."
"He's still in Atlanta?!" I asked surprised.
"I guess so if he gave it to me."
"Well, you read it. I don't want to read it."
"Damn, give it here Kaci, I'll read it." Andrea said frustrated.


She opened it and read it out loud.

"Dearest Kerri..." She laughed.
"What?!"
"It's funny!"
"No it's not! Just read not matter how mean it is."

Andrea sighed and started reading again.

"Dearest Kerri,

How can I explain to you that what happened between Audrey and I wasn't what happened. I went outside to get some air like I said and turns out that Spencer informed Audrey that I was with you. Well, he didn't say you exactly. See Spencer knew that if he told her that I was there with my new girlfriend that she'd throw a fit, scream at them, and then go look for you so she could beat you up or something. So he told her that I was just there with someone. She came to see me to ask me back. She tried to kiss me. When you stepped outside, is when I told her it was over and I didn't want anything to do with her anymore. She tried to kiss me and that's when the lipstick got smeared on my mouth. I swear to God, I'm telling you the truth. I haven't gotten to actually talk to you directly in 3 days. I miss you so much Kerri. I can't hardly sleep or eat. I think of you constantly. You didn't know the truth. I wanted to call you but I didn't have your cell number. I gave you mine in a message that I left for the front desk to give to you. I love you Kerri. You've got to believe me. No one else has ever made me feel this way. Please Kerri, if I were there, I'd be on my knees. I can't live without you. Please reconsider.

All my love,

Brendon Boyd Urie."

"Wow, he used his first, middle, and last name. He must be serious." Andrea joked.
"I don't know why but I believe him."
"You said it yourself Kerri... Audrey does look like a hoochie."

I got up from the bed and tied my damp hair into a reverse bun. I started looking for my Chuck's.

"What are you doing?" Andrea asked.
"I'm gonna go catch a Mormon."

All of them looked shocked.

"Go for it Ker." Rachel stated.
"Knock 'em dead." Andrea answered back.
"For, Christ sakes, go after him already." Kaci crossed her arms then smiled.
"Thanks."

I ran out the door and hopped into my car as fast as I could.

Brendon POV


"What if she still doesn't believe me?"
"If she doesn't then she doesn't. If she does then she does." Jon answered back to me.
"Jon's right man, if she doesn't then you gotta let her go." Spencer added.
"But I don't want to let her go."
"You're gonna have to. We can't stay here for months on end while you cry over her and say that your life is over because you lost her." Ryan tried speaking sense into me.
"I guess you're right man." I smiled halfheartedly. "I guess I'll just wait and see if she comes by. If she doesn't then it wasn't meant to be."
"That's our Brendon." Ryan gave me a noogie.

I laughed.

"Stop. That hurts." I giggled.

We were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"That's probably her!" I said all giddy.

I walked to the door and opened it.
It was Audrey.

"I'm so sorry babe. Please take me back. I forgave you for what you said to me. I know you didn't mean it baby. Please take me back. I love you Brendy."
"Don't you fuckin' call me that! I don't love you and I definitely won't take you back!"
"I know you don't mean that. Give me a kiss Brendy."
"No! Go the fuck away Audrey before I call the cops on you."
"You won't do it. I know you love me. You really love me!"
"Goodbye Audrey." I tried to shut the door and she put her foot inside the door frame.
"Why don't you want me? Why don't you love me too?"
"Because I love Kerri."
"She doesn't want you. I want you Brendon. I love you."

I heard someone walk up the hallway. Probably the manager. I heard a meek voice but I couldn't make out who it was and she wasn't in my range of site.

"Excuse me Miss."

Audrey turned around.

:: BAM::

She fell to the ground holding her nose.

"My nose, my beautiful nose!!!!"

She was bleeding as I bent down to help her up.

"Fuckin' cunt." I heard the voice of the person that hit her.

I looked up and Kerri stood there shaking the pain from her right fist.

"You believed me."
"I started to not come but now it's worth it for knocking the shit out of this slut." She said pointing to Audrey.
"What made you believe me?"
"You sounded so sincere in your letter so I came here and I heard you arguing with Audrey."
"I fucking hate you. You... You... un-nice girl." She yelled at Kerri.
"Ooo... wow, I'm scared. Looks like you're gonna have a purple nose and you won't be modeling for a while. Better use a lot of ice. So like I was saying... I heard you arguing with her all the way from down the hall. I heard all of it from the beginning.

She smiled at me as Audrey's head went droopy.

"You really do love me."
"Yeah, why would I need to lie to you?"
"You wouldn't" she smiled again.
"Yeah. I wouldn't ever lie to you."

She stretched her hand out for me to take it.

"C'mon. I still haven't introduced you to all my girls yet."
"You're right, you haven't. Maybe I could interest you in buying some ice cream and having a movie night?" I looked at her cunningly.
"You got it."
"Sweet. Just a second though."

She nodded and put her hands in her pockets.

"Hey guys, I'm going to spend the night with Kerri. I'll be back tomorrow."
"Okay." Ryan called from the bed. "Don't be too long though. We got stuff to do later."
"Yeah. Yeah." I waved away. "Oh, and would you mind taking Audrey home?"

Spencer approached the door.

"Why, what happe.. Good Lord!! What just happened?!?!"
"Kerri broke her nose." I laughed.
"Nice shot." He called to her.
"Thanks." She took my hand and we walked a little way down the corridor and Kerri stopped and turned around as I saw Audrey get to her feet.

"Hey Audrey, if you know what's good for you, you'll stay away from him. Next time, it won't be a love tap."

She gave a giant grin to Audrey and she tugged on my arm for me to move along with her.

Kerri was definitely everything I could ever want. Talented, poised, well-read, kind, and now I know that she'll stop at nothing to get what she really wants.



A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. There is more to come. I don't know when I'll post next but I hope you liked it. The song West Side Story is copyright of the group LFO.
Sign up to rate and review this story