Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Only Human

Chapter 2

by darkflame1516 5 reviews

As the final battle with Naraku looms near, love finally blooms between InuYasha and Kagome. But as death and betrayal takes its toll, can their love survive the test of time? InuKag

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-07 - Updated: 2006-10-08 - 675 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha or any of the characters from the show. WAHHH!!!!

Hmmm...I tried to make this chap longer and I hope I succeeded, so here goes...

Chapter 2

"Damn wench," Inu-Yasha grumbled as he traipsed through the dense forest, following the path back to the village. "I'll show her for sitting me!"

He paused mid-step as the sound of rustling leaves reached his ears and he whirled around to face the noise, his hand resting on his sword hilt in anticipation. But his eyes saw nothing behind the trees and he slowly turned back to the path. He had walked further along when the noise came again and this time he didn't hesitate to draw his weapon. He spun on his heel to look behind him and brandished the Tetsusaiga at the bushes.

"Come out or I'll slice you into bits!" He yelled, the bright summer sun glinting off the metal of his sword and casting a glow around it.

"Relax, Inu-Yasha, it's just me," came a high voice from behind the leaves, followed closely by a small fox-demon. Inu-Yasha sheathed his sword and sighed, annoyed. Can't a guy get any privacy around here?

"What do you want, Shippo?" He asked. The red-headed youngster jumped on his shoulder and grinned at him.

"Me and Kagome came looking for you, but she walked really fast. She was worried about something, I think," he said seriously and Inu-Yasha sighed again. He resumed walking toward the village, lost in thought while Shippo rode on his shoulder. I wonder if she was worried about me? Inu-Yasha thought. She did seem upset about something. Maybe she just got scared being in the forest by herself. Dumb girl, she shouldn't have been walking all alone! Especially not with Naraku hovering around these days! She'll never learn! Still, I don't know why she'd be worried about me; I can take care of myself without her hovering about...So why can't I stop thinking about her?

After a few minutes of silence from the half-demon, Shippo got curious.

"Why are you so quiet, Inu-Yasha?" He asked.

"None of your business," Inu-Yasha replied angrily.

"Are you thinking about Kagome?" Shippo teased.

"No."

"Then why are you blushing?"

"Feh." Inu-Yasha shrugged his shoulder dismissively, sending the little fox flying to the ground.

"Hey, that was mean, Inu-Yasha!" Shippo shouted, jumping to his feet but Inu-Yasha just kept walking, remaining unusually silent. Could she really have been worried about me? She probably just thought I was with Kikyo again. Kikyo...
Shippo chased after him, shouting insults, angry at having been dropped on the ground, but Inu-Yasha didn't notice. He was too wrapped up in his thoughts.

Kikyo...Kagome must have been afraid that Kikyo had come to kill me again. Stupid wench; I'd wouldn't let that happen. She shouldn't get so jealous; I'd never go with Kikyo.

The village houses loomed on the horizon and he paused at the edge of the trees, almost afraid to leave the dense cover of the forest. Maybe I shouldn't go back right now. Kagome is really angry; she'll probably just "sit" me again. He sighed deeply as Shippo ran past him and toward Lady Kaede's hut. But if I don't go talk to her now, she'll just be even angrier later.

He trudged reluctantly to the door of the hut that Shippo had entered only moments earlier. He could hear voices on the other side fiercely arguing and he almost turned around and ran back to the forest. But he heard Kagome's voice speak his name and he sighed again. Her voice sounds so soft, even when she's angry.
He put a hand on the wooden curtain-like door and pulled it back.

-----------------------------------------

Well, that's all for now folks! But don't worry; like I said before, the chapters WILL start getting longer...eventually! REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW!!! Or, FLAME, FLAME, FLAME!! Could really care less; just want any kind of feedback, positive or negative on my story! Tune in next time for Chapter 3. Bye, bye!! (Waves insanely)
Sign up to rate and review this story