Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Road Trip

by ForNeverYours 3 reviews

It's been almost a year since Alex met the guys. What happens when she goes looking for them?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2006-10-09 - Updated: 2006-10-09 - 2805 words

0Unrated
I knocked on the door. There was some shuffling in the house, no one answered. I turned to leave just as the door flew open. A woman in her early 40's stood there wrapped in an over-sized sweater and a messy knot of red hair.
"What is-...oh it's you." She looked at me with disdain.
"Where's Sabrina?" I asked not taking her crap.
"Inside." She said flatly crossing her arms.
"Can I talk to her?" I asked annoyed.
"No with that attitude." She said mocking my voice.
"Listen! I have had one of the worst days of my life; now let me talk to Sabrina before I get extremely mad." I shouted in her face as my anger rose.
"Ok, let me go get her." She backed up and called her name. A few seconds later Sabrina opened the door and closed it as she stepped outside.
"I lost my apartment." I said flatly.
"No, I kind of helped with it." She looked down at her feet.
"I know, Andy told me."
"Did they leave?" She asked looking up.
"They had no choice."
"What are you gonna do?"
"I don't know." I shook my head thinking of where I could go.
"What about you're your mom?"
"Are you kidding?" I laughed looking up at her.
"No, well kind of."
"Maybe I could just find a new apartment."
"No Alex, you don't have enough money for that."
"Well then what should I do?"
"I don't know." She looked back at the house. "I'm slowly being forced out too."
"At least you have a home." I sighed putting my head in my hands.
"My mom is being a jerk about you though."
"She's still holding a grudge?" I rolled my eyes.
"You kind of insulted her." She smirked looking at me.
"Well, I could sleep in my car." I thought out loud.
Sabrina got up and pulled me up with her.
"You're not sleeping your car."
I glanced back at it. She was right, there was no way I could even fit in the back let alone sleep in the back.
"Come on." She grabbed my sleeve and pulled me in her house. "You're staying here tonight."
"Thanks Sabby." I smiled as she pulled my down the hall to her room.

~~~~~~~

A night turned into a month, which turned into several months. This basically meant I had been living with my best friend for almost nine months. I raised up enough money to afford for both of us to get an apartment. I had raised up enough for both of us to get out. I smiled as we forced all of our things in the car and peeled out of the driveway. I was driving for now but half way to wherever we were going she was gonna drive. It was still dark out as I gunned the engine waiting for her to get the last of her things into the back. After a few minutes she plopped down in the passenger seat and heaved a sigh.
"You know, you could have helped and things would have gone faster." She looked at me while she tuned the radio.
"But then I wouldn't have the energy to get us..." I stopped. "Where are we going again?"
"Hmmm, how about-" She pulled out a travel map, closed her eyes and pointed her finger at a random city. She then opened her eyes and smirked. "I guess we're going to Chicago."
"Okay." I nodded and got on the interstate. I only vaguely remembered them. It had been such a blurry week.
Less Than Jake blasted through the speakers making me smile and Sabrina try to mosh. I laughed and tried to focus on driving.
Hours past as I drove on the interstate. Sabrina fell asleep shortly after I started driving. I laughed and kept driving. I think I stopped in Ohio but I'm not really sure. I pulled into a motel parking lot and slept.
After I slept Sabrina and I traded places and she started driving. We made it to Chicago in 16 hours.
I tuned the radio to a talk show where they were interviewing a band. I leaned back and sighed as Sabrina talked about just getting a hotel for tonight. I focused on her until I heard then start interview the band.
"Hello, you're listening to Hot 97.46, where we'll be spending the afternoon with Fall Out Boy..."
We both stopped and looked at each other then back at the radio. We weren't hallucinating. They were really in the radio.
"Tell me boys, do you have a special lady friend at home?"
I could hear Pete first, of course.
"Well not exactly,"
Then Andy.
"Nope, but I'm looking."
Then Joe, with his lisp.
"Actually yes, I do."
Then finally Patrick.
"Yes, met a really great girl on tour."
Was he talking about me?
"Alright, boys tell me about them."
"Well, she's my high school girlfriend so there's no big mystery there." Joe coughed and shifted.
"Alright, Patrick." The announcer said. "Spill it."
"I met her on tour." He shifted uncomfortably. "She was really nice."
"How about you tell us her name."
I bit my lip, was he really going to say my name?
"Her name is Anna."
My jaw dropped and I felt tears come to my eyes. Had he forgotten about me? Sabrina gripped the steering wheel tighter. She turned into a hotel parking lot and killed the engine. I got out and started walking, I didn't know where I was going but I knew I had to get to the radio station.
"Hey where are you going?" Sabrina called after me.
I turned and grabbed her hand. "This is my chance to see them again."
"But you don't even know where to go."
I smiled and held up a map. "I can find my way to hell if I try hard enough, now come on!"
I ran, I didn't know where but I ran with Sabrina in tow. Before I knew it I was in front of the radio station. I went in the restaurant across the street and waited. An hour past and they came out the front doors. I got up and went outside followed by Sabrina, crossed the street, and waited for them to notice me. When they didn't, I went up to them and tapped Pete in the shoulder. He turned and looked me up and down.
"Sorry no autographs." He said turning back around.
"Pete don't you remember who I am?" I asked making all of them turn around.
"Sorry, no."
I sighed and rolled my eyes. "One word, pubestache."
"Alex?" He asked taking off his sunglasses and squinting at me.
"Who else do you think it is?" I smiled. "Hi, Joe."
"Hi Alex, I haven't seen you in like a year."
"Alex!" Patrick yelled hugging me. "Where did you come from?"
"I needed out." I looked at him; he looked so much different they all did. "So I did."
"It's great to see you again." Andy smiled.
"Great to see you too." I glanced back at Sabrina. "Guys you all remember Sabrina."
"Where are you staying?" Patrick asked.
"Currently my car, we just got here."
"Come stay with us." Pete pleaded holding his hands up like he was praying.
"Um, I don't know."
"Come on Alex, we owe you for letting us stay with you way back when."
"I guess I would be ok." I nodded looking at Sabrina who was talking with Joe.
"Great, where's your stuff?" Pete looked around for my car.
"Um, in a hotel parking lot across town."
"Alright come on." Andy sighed going to their van.
We all got in and drove to the hotel I got out and Patrick got out. We drove in silence as we followed their van. I broke the silence first.
"I missed you."
"I did too." He looked away.
"How are you anyway, it's been 9 months something had to of happened."
"Well, nothing really great."
"What about Anna?" I slipped in quietly.
"Um yeah,"
"Or when I tried to call you were always making out with her or doing something gross with her while you were still on the phone with me." I dropped the bomb.
"Well, I tried to tell you."
"I know you did but I could hear over her climaxing." I spat angrily.
"Why did you even come here?" He commented.
"I wanted to see you; I missed you, only to find out that the person that said I love you actually love someone else."
"That was almost a year ago."
"But you're missing one thing Patrick." I said quietly. "Love never dies."
After that we both stayed quiet. I don't see why he had to act like this he said he loved me. While I was driving a played with the ring around my finger; Patrick's ring. He noticed too. I just kept driving and playing with my ring.
"Turn here." He coughed quietly. I turned and pulled into the apartment complex, killed the engine and jumped out. He followed slowly behind me and looked down. I didn't bother talking to anyone. I followed Pete to his apartment and sat down with Sabrina in the living room. I looked around, a loft apartment.
"So, how's the band going?" I tried to make conversation.
"Oh didn't Patrick tell you?" Joe asked. "We signed to Fueled by Raman."
"No, he didn't." I shot him daggers.
A girl walked out, she had short brown hair and a very petite figure. "Patrick honey who's out there?"
She looked at me and glared then reached for his arm. I felt like an outsider in a place I never truly belonged in. He held her back and looked straight through me.
"Anna this is Sabrina and Alex." He said my name differently; like it left a bitter taste in his mouth.
Sabrina waved; I just nodded at her and glared right back. Pete shot me a look and kept talking.
"I think it would be a good idea to go out to dinner tonight."
The other agreed but Patrick and Anna just rolled their eyes and walked back to their room. When they left I put my head in my hands and sighed.
"Dude Alex, what the hell happened?" Pete asked quietly; so they couldn't hear him.
"He told me he loved me." I whispered back feeling the tears prick at my eyes. "That's why I came here."
"Oh, 'lex." Andy cooed hugging me.
I was all out sobbing now. Andy was rocking me back and forth, stroking my hair and telling me it would be ok.
When he heard them coming out again he scooped me up and carried me down another hallway into another bedroom. He put me down on the bed and sat in front of me.
"Don't let him see you crying over him." He said brushing the hair out of my face.
I nodded and looked down, why had I not notice how much Andy cared about me. He was nice and kind of attractive.
"Thanks Andy." I smiled; bit my lip and did what I had to do. I leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back. I forced myself not to laugh at his beard tickling my face.
There was a knock at the door and I pulled away and wiped my mouth and tried to look like I had been crying. Pete peered in and sighed. I heard him whispering with Andy and smiled sympathetically at me. I forced a smile back.
"Alex, how about you and Andy stay here until you get your composure back, alright?"
I nodded and wiped my eyes. He closed the door and I heard him saying something to the others. Then there was shuffling and the front door closed; now I was alone with Andy. But for some reason I was alright with that. He came back and sat beside me. I shifted uncomfortably and grabbed his hand. He squeezed my hand back.
Next thing I knew I was half naked grinding him. He forced his tongue into my mouth and attacked mine. I groaned his name and smirked. He forced his hands on the waistband of my underwear and slid them down. I kissed him hard and savored the way he groaned my name. Wait, was I just doing this to make Patrick jealous. I didn't seem right to use him this way; I had to stop it.
"Andy wait." I panted. "This doesn't seem right."
"Why?" He breathed back. "Aren't we trying to get Patrick back?"
"I don't want to hurt him."
He nodded and let go of my waist. I got my clothes back on and fixed my hair. He still sat on the bed and watched me. I sighed and looked at him.
"Andy, don't be mad." I said quietly sitting down beside him.
"I'm not, it's just I want him to pay for hurt you like that." He found his shirt on the floor and pulled it on.
"I do too, but this isn't the right way to go about making him pay."
"You're right." He sighed pulling on his jeans. "Just let me know how I can help."
I nodded and smiled. I heard the front door open and Pete call me name. I got up and went out in to the kitchen. Patrick gave me a weird look; I just glared at him and turned away.
"I got you something to eat." Pete smiled holding up a greasy burger King bag.
I smiled and took it, at least it was food. I slowly ate and looked around. Pete was still looking at me while the others went off on their own.
"What?" I asked with a full mouth.
"Patrick and Anna talked about you."
I choked on my food a little. "What did they say?"
"Well Anna really doesn't like you."
"Ha, go figure." I took a drink. "Where did he meet her?"
"I think Detroit." He nodded thinking.
"Oh, what did Patrick say?"
"He acts like you're a completely different person."
When I didn't say anything he sat down in front of me.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
I shook my head and continued eating.
"Well, it's late." Pete sighed getting back up. "I'm gonna go to sleep."
He left and I was alone. When I finished eating it was already midnight. I got up and looked for a room to sleep in, or at least find the only person that kept me sane. I walked back the hall and peeked in the bedroom at the end of the hall, there were two beds in it and Sabrina slept peacefully in the one farthest away from the door. I yawned and slid in the remaining bed and pulled the blanket up to my chin.
How did this all happen? I should be home right now sleeping in my bed right by Sabrina's, not here in a random loft with an almost famous band I was friends with only a year ago.
I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. But that was cut short when I heard what I thought was someone walking outside my room. Several creaking noises followed by some groans.
"Oh god, no." I whispered putting the pillow over my head. That didn't help. It just made the noises muffled like watching cheap porn. Now I really couldn't sleep. This went on for several minutes until I thought it would stop. But no, they started again; this time louder with more groaning of names and cliché sayings.
"That's it." I said getting up and walking out of the room into what I thought was Pete's room. I felt for anything in the darkness in front of me. My leg hit the edge of the bed and I pulled up the blanket. I squinted and saw Andy's sleeping form.
"Andy?" I whispered. He mumbled someone and turned over.
"Andy?" I whispered louder. He still didn't get up.
"Andy!?" I whispered almost too loud making him jump and look around.
"Alex, what is it?" He asked ribbing his eyes.
"Patrick and Anna are playing 'Let's see who can fuck into a coma first'."
"Yeah, they do that a lot."
"Do you mind if I sleep here?" I asked. "It's the farthest away from the Fucking Buddies."
"Sure." He smiled scooting over making room for me. "Why are you still wearing your clothes?"
"I never brought in my suitcases."
"You don't have to stay fully clothed." He grinned. "It's only me."
"Sorry Andy, what if someone sees me...with you...naked."
"Oh, you're right."
I yawned and snuggled closer to him. He stroked my head and sighed.
Soon, I was in a peaceful sleep, being held by Patrick while he sang me to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story