Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > All That I've Got

Thriftstore Meetings

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

Alex meets someone new.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-10-12 - Updated: 2006-10-12 - 1594 words

0Unrated
When I woke up Andy was still asleep. I got up and stretched. I stepped out into the hall and felt the cool polished wood touch my feet. I went out in the kitchen and looked through the cupboards for something to eat. I jumped when I noticed someone sitting at the table. It was Patrick; he looked like he had been awake for hours.
"Oh, it's just you." I said angrily grabbing a bowl out of the sink.
"Don't act that way toward me you bitch." He spat.
I turned around and looked right into his eyes.
"Choke on the word, bastard." I sneered getting the bowl and pouring cereal in it.
"Yeah whatever." He looked down at the table.
I got my bowl and went back the hall. In the dining room I noticed a balcony. I opened the sliding door and slid out into the wind. There was a small table and a little chair. I scooted into the chair and felt the metal brush against my skin. I sighed and ate the cereal watching the people below me hurrying on the own way. I heard the door slid open and close. Patrick was standing behind me. I wanted to scream at him, but it also became apparent to me that a paparazzo was shooting under the balcony.
"Don't say anything, just come back inside." He ordered.
I obeyed and got up. Once inside he closed the curtain and sighed.
"Those pictures are going to be in every magazine cover in two days." He looked at me. "Nice going."
"I didn't know, you asshole." I walked past him.
"I'm not finished with you yet." He growled grabbing my arm and whipping me around. He forced me against the wall and just stared hard at me. I was breathing heavily now, I'm not sure why.
"Don't talk to me like that." His voice softened. "You know I still care."
"Then why are you doing this to me?" My voice cracked.
"I don't know." He let go of me when he heard footsteps in the hall. "But I can't love you anymore."
His words left a blow to my heart as I stood there numb for a few seconds. Anna emerged and kissed him on the cheek. She disgusted me. He kissed her back but opened his eyes and looked right at me. I started to cry, right in front of them. I put my hands to my face and sobbed as I ran away, no one followed. I ran out to my car and got my suitcase, came back and got dressed in the bathroom after I got a shower; scrubbing the feeling of him off of my skin until it was raw.
I went out into the kitchen and sat down beside Pete, then instantly started to sob again.
"Alex, you're never going to get over him by crying." He sighed quietly.
"I just don't know what to do anymore."
"Let me help you, take a break from him." He looked at me to see if it was getting through to me. "Ignore him, focus on something better."
"Like what you do when you can't write?" I sniffed.
"Exactly." He nodded smiling.
"Thanks Petey."
"Anytime." He laughed.
"Do you think I could hear some of your songs?"
"Oh sure, see that CD tower over there?" He pointed across the room. "Take your pick."
I went over and looked at them. There were 5 original copies; several of the others were concert song and covers. I picked out one that looked familiar and grabbed my CD player out of my suitcase. Angsty guitar riffs and tribal drum beats filled my ears and helped me lose it to the music. I smiled as Patrick's voice started singing, even though I was mad at him; I couldn't deny his beautiful voice.
"'Hope this is the last time, cause I never say no to you...'" I smiled Pete had a way with words.
"This s side one, flip me over I know I'm not your favorite record. But the songs you grow to like never stick at first, so I'm writing you a chorus and here is your verse."
After finishing the CD I got another one. You could tell when Patrick met Anna, these songs were all bout sex and getting the girl. The other CD was about dealing with someone they lost.
"Pete!" I yelled angrily. "Can you come in here?"
"Yeah what do you need?" He asked walking in.
"Are these songs about me?" I questioned holding up Take This to Your Grave.
"Well, yeah." He looked down at his feet. "Patrick helped a lot with that one."
"And From Under the Cork Tree?"
"Yeah, he met Anna around that time."
"I noticed." I spat. "Where is he?"
"I don't know, they left about an hour ago."
"When will they get back, do you know?"
"She took him shopping, that'll be an all day event."
"Great." I groaned falling back onto the bed. "First the 'I can't love you anymore speech' now this."
"Things will get better." He assured me.
"I need to get out for a while."
"Fine, just take someone with you."
"Alright." I smiled getting up and walking out into the living room. Sabrina sat one of the couches with her laptop in her lap, typing something when she looked up.
"Want to go out?" I socked my head like a dog.
"Not really, I'd rather just write."
"Ok, oh look outside!" I squealed running to the open window. "The first snow of the season!"
The snowflakes fell lightly outside. It was kind of haunting. Back home when it snowed it was dead quiet, nothing made sound. You almost thought you were deaf half the time. I sighed as I watched the snow fall.
I snapped back to life and quickly grabbed my coat from the chair. I pulled it on while I walked out the door. By the time I got down to the street snow blanketed everything.
I stepped out on the curb and slipped, damn me and my klutziness. Someone caught me mid-fall and felled me back up.
"Oops." He smiled "Are you alright?"
"Fine, thanks." I brushed the snow off of my pants then glanced back up at him.
He had a light brown hair and white and black glass. He had a very small face and looked almost familiar. I smiled at him and looked back down; I was bad at meeting new people.
"So where are you headed?" He asked, his glasses were starting to fog up.
"Well, I really don't know." I looked down the street. "I was sort of looking for a store."
"Well there's a really good thrift store that way." He pointed down the street.
"I love thrift stores." I said starting to walk in that direction.
"Wait!" He called out chasing after me. "I never got your name."
"It's Alex." I smiled "And yours would be..?"
"Mickey." He nodded. "Can I help you shop?"
"I've never had a guy actually want to shop." I smirked holding an advantage.
"I like to shop as a matter of fact." He said putting his hands on his hips.
I laughed and nodded, he won me over pretending to be overly gay. We walked to the shop and started trying on clothes. Holding up shirts to each others chest and nodding in approval. This went on for about two hours until I was just about out of bargaining skills and almost out of money. We got my clothes and left. It was almost dark when we left. I glanced around and found the way home.
"Thanks for showing me this place, I'm defiantly coming back." I nodded.
"Thanks for letting me have some of your time." He nodded back.
We stood there in awkward silence for a few more minutes just looking at each other.
"Well, bye." I waved and turned to leave.
"Can I get your number?"
"Um, sure." I nodded and gave him my cell phone number.
When I got back I washed my new clothes and tried on each article. Sabrina looked at my clothes and smile.
"Who helped you pick out these?"
"A guy." I smirked folding some and putting them in a drawer.
"Ooh, do tell." She cooed.
"Well, his name is Mickey."
"And?" She was hanging on every word that came out of my mouth.
"He got my number."
"Oh my god, are you serious?" She smirked.
"Yeah, why?" I asked going into the walk-in closet and hanging up some vintage jeans.
"Don't you think he's a creep, or a rapist?"
"Sabby, you're forgetting one thing about me." I said coming back out. "I worked at a bar for almost 4 years."
"Oh right." She flopped down on my bed. "Did you tell anyone other than me?"
"Nope." I shook my head and sat down by her.
She laughed and held up her drink, toasting our friendship I guess.
"To us." She lifted her head high and laughed drunkenly.
"To us." I nodded sipping my own drink feeling the warm alcohol bubble down my throat.
I always felt happy around Sabrina; she was my proverbial rock when no one else believed in me. She gave me a place to sleep when I was homeless, she gave me food when I ran out of money to get food for that week, and she gave hugs when I need them. She was like the sister that I never had. I don't know what I would have ever done without her.
Sign up to rate and review this story