Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Driving Around

Teaching Ron! The Mall awaits!

by DigiRanma 0 reviews

STD hasn't happened yet, nor will for this is my verson of how Ron and Kim get together, with the little help from a friend.

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover, Humor, Romance - Characters: Kim, Ron - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2005-07-03 - Updated: 2007-08-12 - 1563 words

2Original
I don't own a thing. So The Drama hasn't happened (Nor will. This is MY version of how Ron and KP got together). Everything here that isn't original is owned by Disney.

************************

"Great news son!" Mr. Stoppable said excitedly.

"You got tickets to Mauling in Middleton II?!" Ron said with hope in his eyes.

"Uh-huh, Uh-huh!" Roofus said emerging from Ron's pocket. "Bodyslam!"

"Uh... no." Ron then looked like he saw the Buano Nacho burn down. "However, I talked to a friend of mine and a friend of his is coming by tomorrow to help you pass driver's ed."

"Really?! I can pass?! BOO-YA!"

"Don't forget Kim's coming by to help you too." Mrs. Stoppable said.

"Aw man! That's great! Together, there's nothing we can't do!"

"Crush! You have a crush!" Rufus said running out of his pocket.

"WHAT?! I do not! Get back here!"

"What do you think about what Rufus said, dear?" Mrs. Stoppable playfully asked.

"It's times like this I quote one of Ron's favorite shows: 'I don't know and I have no opinion.'" He said with an equally playful smile.

************************

The next day, Kim is just a couple of houses away from the Stoppables, when she spots Ron scratching his head, and one other object. It looked like a '60's white VW beetle, with a grey retractable roof, standard VW tires, red, white, and blue racing stripes, and the number 53 on the hood, doors, and front trunk.

'Talk about old school.' Kim thought.

"Hey Ron, what's going on?" Kim asked.

"Oh, hey KP." Ron said greeting his best friend. "Well, remember I told you last night that my dad's friend would help me learn to drive?"

"The race driver that's working at a mechanic shop all the way in California? Yeah?"

"Well, it turns out the reason he was coming here was to race an inaugural run to break the new speedway in, but the race got canceled in the last minute."

"Yeah? So he's not here?"

"Well, he gave us his car."

"So, you got a race car, but no driver?"

"'Fraid s... hey! How do you know it's a race car?"

"The 53 and the stripes gave it away." Kim said.

"Oh."

"He also left us this unusual note in the passenger window." Mr. Stoppable said. "It reads 'Sorry that the race got canceled, however, I told Herbie where you lived and he's been dying to see the rest of the country, so he's agreed to come all the way to Colorado to help.'"

"That's great Ron." Kim said. "So, where is he?"

"According to the note KP... uh..." Ron just speechlessly pointed to the little car.

"Wait... the car's name is Herbie? There's no person here by that name?" The Stoppables shook their heads. "Then how'd it get here?"

"We don't know." Mr. Stoppable said. "All the note said was that he paid for the car to be dropped off here. I'll call my friend up and see what this is about."

"Well, if it's your dad's friend's car, then I guess it couldn't hurt if we drove it for a bit. How about we go to the mall since its Saturday?"

"Great!" Ron said as he ran and opened the driver side door.

"Good luck with him Kim. You'll need it." Mrs. Stoppable said as she remembered the last time she drove with Ron.

"You know that pile up was an accident." Ron said in his defense. Herbie then got a bad feeling about this.

"Pile up?!" Kim said shocked.

"Just kidding KP." Ron said causing Kim to sigh in relief and Herbie to relax a little as Kim got in the passenger side.

"Have fun you two." Mrs. Stoppable said.

"Date! Driving date! Uh-huh, oh yeah!" Rufus said as he emerged from his pocket.

"Hey! You're lucky I have to drive now pal, otherwise I'd pay you back." Ron then started the car, put his hands on the wheel, and drove off.

************************

"Ok Ron, you're doing well. Just remember, the speed limit is not an option." Kim said with a sly smile as soon as they got out of the 'burbs.

"Very funny KP." Ron said. "Anyway, you gotta admit, this is a sweet ride."

"Great car! Nice ride!" The mole rat said agreeing with his friend.

"Uh... well, I'll admit that it's a nice car."

"But?"

"It's not that great."

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

Herbie, not taking Kim's comment nicely, popped a wheelie and started toward the mall at full speed.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"RON! NO! THIS IS NOT HOW..."

"IT'S NOT ME! IT'S THE CAR!

"CAR MAD! CAR MAD!"

"WHAT?!"

"RUFUS IS RIGHT KP, I THINK YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE!"

"IT'S JUST A CAR!"

"THAT'S NOT STOPPING NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I PUT ON THE BREAK?!"

"ALRIGHT, HERBIE, I'M SORRY!"

SKREECH

"Wow... and I thought my dad's friend was nuts." Ron said relieved after Herbie came to a screeching halt.

"Ok, what's the joke?" Kim said not amused.

"What do you mean?"

"This has gotta be a trick car Ron. Did Wade set this up?"

"What? No, what on Earth makes you think that?"

"A car going at a speed it shouldn't go after popping a wheelie with you behind the wheel."

"You know what KP, if you don't believe me, you can drive." Ron said, steamed that his best friend wouldn't listen, as he got out.

"Fine by me." Kim said as she slid into Ron's position. As soon as Ron got into Kim's former side, she drove off. "See, this is just a weird looking..."

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH

"KP, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!"

"I THOUGHT IT WAS A GAG!"

Too little too late after the wheelie did Kim realize it wasn't a joke.

************************

After apologizing again, Herbie was going at a normal pace and Kim and Ron finally relaxed.

"You think Club Banana has those pair of pants I want?" Kim asked trying to keep her mind off of what just happened. Ron, being Ron, didn't get the message.

"Pants?! Hello, KP, we're in a living car!" He said with panic in his voice.

"So, we've been in a car that drove by it self before." Kim stated.

"But I really don't think this car has any circuitry that one had."

"Nuh-uh! No computer!" Rufus said.

(Another car that its own driver?) Herbie curiously beeped.

"Yeah, she... HEY!" Kim said as it dawned on both her and Ron.

(What?)

"W-we understood that!" Ron said a little nervous.

(Oh that.) The little car mischievously beeped. (It's been known to happen. My name's Herbie. And you two are Ron Stoppable and Kim Possible, right?)

"Uh... yeah. That's us." Kim said with a bit of curiosity.

(It's nice to meet you two. How long have you guys been heroes?)

"Oh, since our pre-teen days." Ron said starting to get a little more comfortable. "But Kim and I have been inseparable since we were in pre-school."

(Oh, really?) Herbie mischievously beeped. (Best friends for life I take it?)

"Just what are you getting at?" Kim said with a 'don't go there' look.

(Oh, nothing.)

"What? You think me and KP...? Oh, nonono, we're just best friends."

"Uh-uh, uh-uh. Mall date." Rufus mischievously said.

"RUFUS!" Kim and Ron said shocked.

(I like this mole rat.) Herbie happily beeped.

"I think we're cornered KP." Ron said with a smile.

"Look, we're almost to the mall and maybe we can find something to get our minds of off this conversation." Kim said as she pulled into the parking lot. "Ok Herbie, we'll be back in a bit."

(Oh, take your time. I might go exploring a bit. Get the feel of the road, you know?) Herbie beeped just as Kim parked in front of the mall.

"Actually Kim, I'll be in a few. I want to get to know Herbie a little more." Ron said with a smile.

"Oh, ok." Kim said. "I'll wait for you at Club Banana." She then went into the mall, leaving a smiling Ron waving at her. But when Kim was out of sight, he sighed and turned to Herbie.

"I trust you can keep this between you and me?"

(Mum's the beep.) Herbie beeped.

"Ok, look. I MIGHT, keyword, MIGHT, like KP more than just a friend, but I don't wanna ruin the friendship."

(Never happens.)

"Nope!" Rufus said with a smile.

(Did I mention I like your mole rat?)

"Anyway," Ron said trying to continue. "The reason I'm telling you is for some odd reason, you like Rufus want to push this might into a definite, and I'm not ready yet. Besides, she's seeing Josh Mankey. Don't see why though, when was the last time he helped her fight Senor Senior Jr?"

(Not a definite, huh?) Ron then snapped out of it after Herbie's comment.

"Look, I'm..."

(Kidding, kidding. I'd tell you I'd keep my mouth shut, but I don't have one.) Herbie said, and he'd add it with a smile if he could.

"Ok then, we'll see you in a bit." Ron said with his usual smile as he walked in.

(Take your time.) Ron then went right into the mall, leaving Herbie to his thoughts. 'This is going to be easy.' He'd add it with a bigger smile than he would have the last time if he could.

************************

NOTE: This has nothing to do with my Herbie/Ranma fic. That is a different universe entirely.
Sign up to rate and review this story