Categories > Cartoons > Kim Possible > Driving Around

Meet the Family

by DigiRanma 1 review

Herbie meets the Possible family.

Category: Kim Possible - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover, Humor, Romance - Characters: Kim, Mr. Possible, Mrs. Possible, Ron - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2005-07-05 - Updated: 2005-07-06 - 804 words

0Unrated
Sometime after the mall, Kim, Ron, and Herbie were on the way to Kim's house for dinner. They got their regular stuff from Club Banana, and some food for Rufus. One thing was bothering Kim.

"Uh... Herbie, does everybody know you're your own driver?" She asked.

(Nope. Takes awhile for even my owners to get the message.) Herbie beeped.

"Then how did you get to Ron's?"

(Oh, see, my friend, Hank, hired these guys he knew to just drop me off at Ron's. He must have known I could help him out with his driver's ed. After all, who better to teach than a car?)

"He's got a good point KP." Ron said. "Anyway, so what's on tap at your place?"

"Oh, dad's grilling cheeseburgers tonight."

"CHEESE!" Rufus said running out of Ron's pocket smiling.

"Yeah, he got approval for that new Saturn probe."

(Saturn probe?)

"Yeah, my dad works at NASA." Kim said with pride and a smile.

"And her mom's one of the world's most famous brain surgeons." Ron added.

(So your mom is a famous surgeon, and your dad works for NASA, and you save the world? Wow, that's impressive.)

"Oh, it's no big." Kim said.

"We've told you we've been in the world saving business for awhile." Ron said.

(So I take it you guys always work together and got each other's backs?)

"Yep." Kim said while looking at Ron.

"Anytime..." Ron said as he looked at Kim and got lost in her eyes.

(Anytime?) The little car mischievously beeped.

"Uh... I mean every time! Every time!" Ron tried to recover, but then he saw away out, as they were just three blocks away from the Possible house. "Hey Kim, we're almost there. How do you think your family will take Herbie?"

"Let's just say we don't invite the Tweebs in." Kim said with a mono tone.

(Tweebs?)

"My twin brothers, Jim and Tim. They're as smart as my dad, but brats."

(They can't be that bad.)

"Let's see you say the same thing when they decide to launch your spare tire to the moon to see if rubber can survive zero gravity."

(Uh... never mind.)

************************

At the possible backyard, it looks like a typical family BBQ. Mrs. Possible is setting up the table, Mr. Possible is at the grill, and the Tweebs, as usual, are running all over the place. Just then, they heard their daughter and her friend enter through the patio.

"Hey guys." Kim said greeting her family.

"Hey Kimmy." Mrs. Possible said before kissing her daughter on the head. "How were teaching Ron and the mall?"

"About those..." Kim said nervously.

"Relax KP, it's like they haven't seen stuff like this before." Ron said with a smile.

"Yeah, but it could be explained by science and circuitry. This, for lack of a better term is... um... magic."

"Magic?! Kim... what did I tell you?" Dr. Possible said.

"I know Dad that things can be explained with science, but... well... maybe you should see him for yourselves."

"Him?!" The tweebs said.

"Maybe they rescued David Copperfield and we'll be sawed in half!" Jim said with excitement.

"That would be so cool!" Tim said with the same excitement, causing Kim to sigh. As soon as the Possibles got to the drive way, they saw Herbie and were slightly confused.

"I can't believe I'm saying this... but Herbie, my family. Family, Herbie." Kim said.

"What? It's just introducing a friend." Ron said with some curiosity, causing the Possibles to look at the both of them if they were nuts.

"Kimmy... are you feeling alright?" Mrs. Possible asked, feeling her daughter's forehead.

"Mom, I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me." Kim said slightly peeved that her family wouldn't believe her.

(She was fine when I took her to the mall Mrs. Possible.) Herbie beeped, causing the family to look shock.

"Did... did that car just honk its horn without anybody in it?" The tweebs asked in unison.

"Now boys, this has to be rigged to respond to voices." Mr. Possible said, still not believing what he heard.

(Nope. Inner life. My name's Herbie, nice to meet you.) The Possibles, doing what any family made of two doctors and prodigies did what came best when facing this situation... they fainted.

"Well... that was unexpected." Ron said.

"Ron, how do you think your family would handle Herbie?" Kim asked.

"Good point."

"Uh-huh, pass out." Rufus said agreeing with his friends.

(Sorry about this guys.)

"Oh, it's no big Herbie. C'mon Ron, help wake them up."

(I can do that. Plug your ears.) Herbie beeped as Kim, Ron, and Rufus covered their ears.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

"GAH!" Mrs. Possible said as she woke up.

"I'M AWAKE!" Mr. Possible followed.

"Five more minutes..." The Tweebs said, still sleeping.

(Can't win them all.) Herbie beeped.
Sign up to rate and review this story