Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Aftermath Trilogy: To Love and Hate You

Daylight Fight

by Slades_Downfall 1 review

The Titans try to stop Changeling by luring him out into the open. Only later do they discover that Raven's meditation mirror has been stolen...

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Robin, Starfire - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2006-10-10 - Updated: 2006-10-11 - 1689 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: Daylight Fight

Raven woke up early and changed into her civilian clothing. Cyborg once again drove her to Brewers Café and as she got out, he handed her a cell phone, "If Changeling shows up, we'll call you."

"Right," she replied, "Cy, keep yourself safe, okay?"

"Okay," he smiled, "See you later Angel." He pulled away, Angel walked int the café and began her opening ritual.

It was about noon when Angel saw Gar come in. This was the first time she'd actually seen him in broad daylight. She knew it was him because of his voice and cheerful manner with the other costumers. He was handsome. She knew it in her mind but now, seeing him, his blond hair and warm sparkle of his green eyes made her melt inside. If she doubted she loved him, it all washed away at the sight of him.

He must have spotted her staring at him because a big grin spread across his face. He walked over to her, "So, how are you my sweet Angel?" He asked playfully.

"I'm fine," she replied, not taking her eyes off him. "So what;ll it be?"

"Just a salad, thanks," he went and took a seat, not in the shadows, but in a lighted area.

She brought him his salad, he smiled, looking up from his newspaper, "Is there a time when I can talk to you?" he asked.

"I have my break at 12:30," Angel replied. "Why?"

"I'll tell you later," he said and began eating his salad. She gave him his bill and left to tend to some other costumers.

12:30 came and Angel stopped and sat down in the kitchen, wiping sweat off her forehead. All this work was making her tired. She smiled as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her body, "Hello Gar," she said, not looking behind her.

"Hello," he smiled. "So, what did you want to ask me about?" she turned to face him.

"Have you ever seen the one they call Raven before?" he asked.

She was surprised by this question, but she hid it well, "Hmm...can't say...Why?"

"Call it, a case of interest. Could you find her for me?"

"Why?" Angel asked, a little suspicious, what'd he want with her alter ego anyway?

"Personal reasons," he replied.

"Possibly..." she replied, she didn't like the fact that he was bringing up the subject.

"Thank you, this means a lot to me!" he smiled and kissed her sweetly, "If you find her, tell me...I'd like to meet her."

Their phones started ringing at the same time, "I need to go get that," Gar said.

"And I need to get back to work," Angel said. He left the room and when he was out of earshot, she picked it up, "Yeah?" she asked.

"Raven, Changeling's been spotted," Cyborg said.

"What? Where?" Angel said, shocked he would dare to show his face in the open. "

On the roof of the Bar a short distance away from your café!" "Alright, I'm coming, I just need to tell Kevin I have some errands."

"Kevin?" Cyborg asked. "He's the manager. "I'll tell him I need to get some detergent; which I do need to get some. Won't suspect a thing."

"Okay, hurry up. We need you," Cyborg hung up. Angel walked out and found Kevin behind the counter. She was surprised he was actually there because he was always gone. She'd never asked him where he was because she usually handled everything. "Hey Kevin, I have to get some detergent and I have a few other errands to run, could you watch the café?"

"Sure, no problem Angel, the place is safe with me."

"Hey, where's Zach?" Zach was the janitor and he usually cleaned the bathrooms around lunchtime. He wasn't there.

"Don't know, called in sick. Weird."

"Never mind," she said, "I have to go. Thanks, you're a big help,"

She grabbing her coat. "Don't mention it." She walked out the door and ducked into the alley behind the café. She found the junky suitcase that held her uniform and changed into it. Pulling the hood over her face, she flew over to the Bar. She saw a man go flying out of the building and hit the sign in the middle of the street. Changeling came barreling out after the man and slammed him against the pole, "Where is Raven?" he demanded.

"You looking for me?" she asked.

He whirled around. "So, we meet again. This time, you won't escape me!"

Transforming into a rhino, he charged her head on. "I think not," she replied. "I'm bringing you to justice!" Raven jumped out of the way and smashed her fists into his face.

"Justice?" he scoffed, "What justice? Admit it, Raven, you won't be satisfied until I'm dead. Isn't that right? For murdering that weakling Beast Boy? Hmm...?" Changeling slammed his horn into a wall, barely missing her, he chuckled, Raven's blows had anger behind them as she kept up her offensive posture.

Suddenly, Nigtwing slammed into him, knocking Changeling to the ground. He jumped up, furious. "So...You want another round?" his voice dripped with hatred and sarcasm.

"Well I got the Sonic if you got he Boom," Cyborg's voice rang out.

Changeling turned horrified, "No! Not the Sonic Boom!" Star bolts slammed into him as he staggered back, distracted.

"Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!" Raven shouted smashing him back towards the Bar. He turned and ran into an alley, the last thing he wanted was a Sonic Boom.

Changeling skidded to a halt as he saw Raven and Starfire fly into his path, blocking his exit. He howled in pain as he felt Star bolts and power rip through him. Nightwing and Cyborg did the legendary Sonic Boom maneuver and running up the wall, Nightwing unleashed his freeze disk, Cyborg fired off his lasers.

The bolts smashed into Changeling, who fell, but to their amazement, rose again staggering, he morphed into a small rat and jumped gingerly down into the sewer. The Titans gathered around where he had disappeared.

"Is he gone?" Starfire asked.

"Who knows?" Cyborg replied, "But I think our Sonic Boom has left him out of commission for awhile.

"Come on guys, let's get back to the Tower," Robin smiled, "Not bad for a day's work, huh Raven?"

"Not bad," she agreed, "But he's still loose, we may have put him out for awhile, but he'll be back." They began walking away, Raven couldn't help glancing back at the sewer, however, and wonder where he was.


Changeling barely managed to make it back to his headquarters before collapsing to his knees. The Sonic Boom had injured him severely, and it took two aids to get him to his room. There he lay on his bed, cursing Raven and the Titans for his misery.

But his fight with them was merely a ruse, what really mattered was that Zach, his no name spy get him Raven's mirror. It was the bait in his trap to destroy her. She'd come for it, he knew, she wouldn't want Changeling to know what was going on in her head. Not that he cared, he would dispatch of her the moment she was captured. He had his best fighters waiting for her. She would die by them or by him. It didn't matter, she would die, just the same.

Changeling pushed a button and his screen lit up. "I have it," Zach said, triumphant.

"Good, bring it in and leave it here," he ordered. The man did as he was told.

He set the mirror down against the wall, "I have to go now," Zach said as Changeling paid him his money. "Why?"

"Angel, my boss, she's expecting me to come and work my shift." "Go on then, fool. I'll call you at seven. Bring me news of Raven. No mistakes, understand?"

"Yes Sir," he said. Zach turned to leave. "Oh and Zach,"

"What Sir?"

"Tell me if Angel has any news of Raven." The man left in a hurry. He went as fast as he could, he didn't want Angel to suspect that one of Jump City's most popular cafe's hid a spy for Jump City's most feared gangs.


The Titans were exhausted as they made their way into the Tower. Cyborg and Nightwing collapsed onto the U-shaped sofa while Starfire made herself the Happiness Pudding in order to celebrate the fact that they'd actually injured Changeling. Raven made her way to her room, she needed to rest.

She stopped at the door. It looked like someone had forced it open. That's odd, she though she opened her door and gasped in horror. It looked like a tornado had run circles through her room. Drawers pulled out, their contents spilt on the floor. Clothes and pictures were strewn everywhere, frames shattered.

She quickly looked through her things, Why's my money still here? She wondered why they hadn't touched it. She began feeling around under her bed. Horror hit her like a blow. The one thing she hoped would never be taken from her was gone. Her mirror had been stolen.


Nighwing, Cyborg and Starfire saw Raven run out into the living room with a look of terrified horror on her face. "What's wrong?" Nightwing asked.

"My mirror, it's gone!" she replied, breathless.

"Your mirror, you mean the one with your emotions?" Cyborg asked.

"Yes," she answered.

"Who steals mirrors?" Starfire asked.

"Changeling," Nightwing replied, "He must know it has your emotions."

"But he couldn't have stolen it, we were fighting him this afternoon."

Starfire looked thoughtful, "I smell a rat."

"I think you have a mole in the Brewers," Nightwing stated. "Any suspects?"

"Well, there is Zach, he's been gone a lot lately, but I won't peg him until I'm 100 percent sure of it." Raven sighed, "I better get back to the café."

"See you later, Angel," Nightwing said. "I hope you find your mole," Cyborg added.

Angel turned away, "I hope so too." That way I can get him to tell me where Changeling is, so I can get rid of him for good.
Sign up to rate and review this story