Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

Appropriately Titled, What's This?

by moocow 6 reviews

You might just cry at the end. And Jenn, please try and not go into cardiac arrest. --- dedicated to whatkatydid because she left the longest review. and the most touching. Evie loves you very ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-10 - Updated: 2006-10-11 - 1686 words

1Moving
Pete scrambled to stand and pull his pants up as Aloe yelped and stood up the two showing dumbfounded looks towards the woman in the doorway.

"Lexi...this...this isn't," Pete shook his head as he tried to explain, but alas failed as Aloe wiped her mouth on the sleeve of her hoodie, Lexi's world crashing down on her shoulders, the home foundation she had tried so desperately to produce.

"Pete? What..." she paused to poise her hands in the air, pointing to who she now realized was Aloe. "Aloe?" she hissed and Pete bit his lip as her eyes narrowed and her eyebrows creased together.

"Lexi, don't it's not her fault," Pete mumbled as she crossed the room slowly. Aloe moved as well, the two both ignoring Pete's pleas.

It was like a tango, the tango of pure hate and betrayal.

"You little bitch," Lexi hissed. She stepped towards Aloe, Aloe not backing down with a face just as nasty as hers. "You're supposed to be my best friend, and I come home to this?" She motioned with her hands where she had caught them in a rather compromising position. Aloe shrugged mockingly.

"I can't help it if I can give him the satisfaction he wants."

Lexi's eyes narrowed, her blood boiling beyond what Fahrenheit could record. Her hands balled into tight fists, her veins sticking out against her thin, white, arms. Pete watched in slow motion, but yet too quick for him to interfere as Lexi sent out a right hook, squaring perfectly with her jaw line, and knocking Aloe to the floor, completely unprepared for such a hit.

Scrambling to her feet, she regained composure, but Lexi grabbed her hair, wrapping it around her left hand, throwing her back onto the floor. Aloe let out a painful scream, but slap to the right side of her face silenced her as Lexi straddled Aloe onto the carpet with her knees against her shoulders making it hard for her to move her arms.

"I," she slapped her across the face again, "can't," another slap, Aloe kicked furiously, "believe you," Lexi attempted another hit, but Aloe caught her hand, smiling a bloody smile.

Rolling Lexi over onto her back, now Aloe straddling her in the same position she was in before, she wasted no time slapping her across the face. Blood trickled down from her mouth onto Lexi's white shirt.

"GET OFF ME!" She screamed, wiggling underneath her.

She managed to move her arms up and pulled Aloe's hair hard enough to pull out a good chunk of it, causing Aloe to tumble back. Pete pulled himself out of his state of shock and rushed to Aloe's side, picking her up off the floor and blocking her from Lexi, who was far from done.

"STOP!" Pete screamed. There was a loud cry from the nursery, making Lexi's face shake the anger from it, her hand unclenching and her head whipping towards the hallway.

"Aloe...I think it's best if you left," she softly spoke and Aloe narrowed her eyes, and in a huff, flattened out her shirt.

Pete tried to grab after her, but paused, letting her go. Once she was gone for sure, he looked back at Lexi, who had not moved from her spot.

"Lex..." Her head whipped up and he choked back every word, seeing the ultimate hurt on her beautiful features, her blue eyes now filled with so many emotions for Pete to progress.

"You wait upstairs for me. I have to take care of our son," she hissed and Pete cringed, hearing the emphasis, her voice faltering as tears as crystal like as her eyes started to seep out. Pete shuddered and let his head fall, listening as Lexi shifted out of the room.

----------

Lexi sighed, stepping into her son's nursery, still listening to his now soft cries. Picking her baby out of the crib, she bit her lip, seeing her own eyes staring curiously up at her.

"Oh Robert," she whispered, her voice cracking again. Robert gurgled silently and Lexi sat down in the rocking chair, letting Robert's small fingers curl around her finger, going and nipping his gummy teeth at her flesh.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," Lexi whispered, watching as her son turned his head, now intrigued by her sparkling bracelet that Pete had given her for her birthday.

Lexi smiled and let the tears start to slip out again. Her eyes fluttered closed and she let out a soft sigh, hearing the upstairs floorboards creak. Right when Lexi was about to open her eyes, she felt a soft hand at her cheek and opened her blue eyes to find Robert with a transfixed look on his face as he wiped at her tears, smiling as he drew away.

"Thank you, baby," she whispered and leaned in, kissing her son's forehead. "I have to go talk to...daddy," Lexi bit her lip as she placed her child in crib again, handing him a teething toy. "Sit tight," she whispered.

Lexi exited Robert's room and slowly ascended up the stairs, holding her breath as she entered the eerily cold bedroom she shared with Pete. She found him sitting on the edge of the bed, guilt plastered all over his face.

"Lexi," Lexi closed her eyes, blindly reaching back to close the door, leaning against it.

"I want to know how long it's been going on," she whispered and Pete bit his lip.

"Lexi, I want you to know that I'm," Lexi cut him off.

"How long, Pete?" she asked and Pete lowered his head.

"About two months now," he whispered and heard Lexi take a shaky breath.

"Why?" her voice cracked and Pete looked up to try and catch her eyes. She was now sitting on the vanity chair, only a foot away from Pete, her glazed eyes, searching for answers. "Am I not good enough?" she whispered and Pete shook his head almost automatically.

"Lexi...your perfect," Lexi bit her lip, slightly aggravated.

"Obviously not," she took a deep breath. "The whole 'wait until the honeymoon' thing makes perfect sense now," she whispered and Pete pursed his lips together, wanting no more than to gather Lexi in his arms and rock her to sleep, and make the tears go away like every other time something has happened between them.

"I...I love you Lexi," Pete whispered and Lexi looked up, her hurt eyes catching his guilty, deep brown.

"It seems like every time you get yourself into trouble, that's all you have to say. Your sorry, and that you love me," Lexi bit her lip before shaking her head. "And we both know those are both lies," Pete creased his eyebrows together.

"What makes you think that?" he asked timidly. Lexi let out an annoyed sigh.

"Because this is isn't the first time this has happened Pete. This is going on to be your fourth mistake," Pete cut her off.

"You not a mistake, Lexi," he pleaded and Lexi huffed, anger slipping back into her features.

"You've made it perfectly clear today that I am, Pete," she hissed and Pete drew back. He knew he deserved it. "For once...I thought that we would be able to get married and settle down...raise Robert and maybe even have more, but...I'm not to sure of that now," Pete let anger get the best of him.

"That's exactly why I had Aloe in one arm and you in the other," Lexi caught eyes with him again.

"Excuse me?" she asked and Pete swallowed his guts.

"Because I wasn't ready to be a father...and in fact I'm not ready to be tied down either," Lexi parted her lips to say something, but closed her mouth again before standing up and reaching for her over-sized purse and sunglasses.

"Fine...I'm gonna take Robert and...and...stay with Heather tonight," Pete bit his lip.

He didn't want that reaction.

"Lexi..." Pete stood up in attempt to stop Lexi, but she shook her head and went back down to gather Robert and his things.

Half way down stairs, Pete called after her again, but she ignored him, choking back tears as she entered the nursery. Robert was standing up in his crib, holding on to the rail drooling happily to see his mother again. Blinking back tears she grabbed the white custom made Clandestine baby bag that Pete had made for him, stuffing it with diapers, clothes, and some toys.

Slinging it around her shoulder, she scooped up Robert and adjusted him on her hip. Glancing down at her baby, she wiped his nose, seeing Pete's features in him, making her sigh loudly. Turning leave, Pete stood in the doorway blocking the way.

"Don't leave," his eyes were teary and pleading, "We can work this out." His voice cracked.

"Move Pete." Pete's head hung as he stepped to the side. "Say bye to daddy Robert." Robert gooed loudly.

"I'm so sorry Lexi..." He whispered as she brushed past him. Robert started to squirm, reaching out for his father, Pete bit his lip, wanting to badly jump into a time machine and fix everything that had went wrong, but he stood there watching as Lexi left out the front door, shutting it quietly, leaving him with his worst fear.

Alone.

Lexi placed Robert into his car seat, wiping his nose again, hoping he wasn't getting a cold. After he was all buckled in, she got into the drivers seat, and started the engine, a tear sliding silently from the brim of her eyes. Quickly blinking the rest away, she regain composure, backing out of the driveway she had only just pulled back into a few minutes ago.

"We're staying with Uncle Patrick and Auntie Heather," she spoke to Robert in the rear view mirror. Robert seemed to frown as they drove away from the house. His face scrunched up, and tears glazed over his eyes.

"Dada," he reached out grabbing out at the air. Lexi stopped at a stop sign and looked back at her son.

"Dada," he said again.
Sign up to rate and review this story