Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

Pretty As A Car Crash

by moocow 6 reviews

god damnit, I'm thinking Paris is gonna make another apperance. it's pissing me off because he freaking song is stuck in my head. and no matter how much I've been blasting Fall Out Boy today, it ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-13 - Updated: 2006-10-14 - 1851 words

0Unrated
Lexi couldn't help herself but to just lounge around Aiden and Stan's house, letting her worries and problems drown away in the form of good ol' Jack Daniels.

But with Ethan there as well, she hated feeling so guilty about his youth. Today was a special day, she decided and tried her best to be happy.

"Lex?" Lexi looked up from her writing and locked eyes with Aiden.

"Yea?" she beckoned and Aiden swallowed before smiling.

"You wanna see something?" Lexi turned back to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Like what?" she asked and Aiden smirked.

"Well, two things. First, Andy's here and second," Lexi cut him off, standing up quickly and looking over Aiden's shoulders.

"What the hell?" she whispered and Andy smiled, waving.

"Hello," he said and Lexi shook her head, smiling.

"Ok, now what?" she asked and Aiden cupped her hand.

"Come on, before Stan and Ethan decide to ruin it," Lexi kept her eyebrow raised as the three ventured down the hallway, and into the room Aiden had defined as his studio. Lexi jumped slightly as two hands covered her eyes and out of reflex, her hands went to hold onto their wrists.

"Aiden, this better be good, Andy nearly put me into cardiac arrest," She heard Aiden smirk and his footsteps walk away for a minute.

"Holy crap, Aiden...Lexi was right about you being talented," Lexi laughed as she heard Andy's bewildered voice and sighed.

"Come on already," she joked and Aiden sighed.

"Fine, let her see," Lexi let her composure completely fall apart, her smile fading into a gasp and her heart nearly stopping along with her breath. Aiden was standing next to a mannequin, on it...what Lexi presumed as her former wedding dress.

"Aiden...you do realize that," Aiden nodded, cutting her off.

"You still deserve to see it, Lex..." Lexi bit her lip, walking over and letting her fingertips graze over the material.

"It's so beautiful," she whispered and felt Stan wrap his arms around her waist, smirking in her ear. **

"Just like the bride it was supposed to clothe," Lexi laughed at this and took a deep breath.

"You worked so hard for nothing, Aiden," Lexi said, turning her vision towards him. He shook his head.

"One day it will be put to use," Lexi looked back at the gown and sighed, shaking her head.

"You know, the only reason I'm here is to get you to come back," Lexi turned to face Andy and raised her eyebrow.

"Wouldn't have thought you'd listen to Pete after your fight," Andy shook his head.

"It was Heather's idea...she wants to do a show," Lexi turned her head towards the somewhat familiar voice.

"Aloe?" she called and Aloe shrugged, coming into view from the hallway.

"Hi, Lexi," she whispered and Lexi bit her lip.

"Does she think it's going to all blow over?" Lexi asked and Aloe looked at the ground.

"I'm pregnant, Lex," Lexi widened her eyes, one hand rising to her lips while the other fell to her stomach.

"It's...not," she paused as Aloe looked up.


"It's Joe's for sure, even got it checked, but Lexi...Heather, she really wants this to work, things need to turn around again," Andy nodded, agreeing.

"Every one is completely depressed about one thing or another, and...it's just a good place to get back up on our feet..." Lexi bit her lip again and stared at her two friends.

"What about you guys?" she asked Andy and he shrugged.

"What about us?" he asked and Lexi shook her head.

"I'm in," she spoke and smiled. "I'm in,"

----------

Heather stood there, behind the curtains, looking back at Lexi who nodded, taking a deep breath, her line of vision wandering over to the side of the stage where there stood the guys, the three toddlers there as well.

Lexi bit her lip, turning back in time for the curtains to fall and the quickened pace of Aloe's guitar bringing them into their first song. Lexi looked down at her hands a focused on playing while Heather sang out in her angelic voice, the crowd screaming the words Lexi wrote right back at them.

"Pathetic excuses don't get me so high, but then why do I listen?" Lexi smirked at the line, getting the gaze from Aloe to do the instrument fling.

A roar erupted in the crowd as the two girls moved, slightly standing behind Heather as the two flung them over their shoulders, laughing as they crossed paths and stood on the opposite sides of the stage.

The show ended with a bang, literally, the classic fading drum role as the girls bowed and a fresh set of curtains fell in front of them. Lexi was walking towards the back when she felt Heather jump on her back, wrapping her legs around her waist.

"Ah!" Lexi yelped and the two laughed as they fell on the couch.

"Oh my god, Lex! That was so much fun!" Heather screamed and Lexi nodded feverishly before looking past the couch and over to a little secluded place were she caught glimpse of a drowsy looking Aloe leaning against a bewildered Joe. Lexi arched an eyebrow, but her thoughts were shaken as Patrick waved a hand in front of her face.

"Huh?" she asked and he sighed.

"I'm going to take the kids home, including Pete," Lexi nodded and Heather pouted.

"I want to stay, though, Patrick," she mumbled and he smirked.

"That's fine," he spoke and leaned over, gently kissing her before Sadie and Martin tugged on his pant legs.

"Let's go Daddy! We're tired!" Sadie whined and Patrick soon walked off, Pete pushing himself off the couch to follow.

Lexi sighed, looking down at her lap.

Things were still extremely awkward.

----------

As soon as Aloe had left the stage, she felt the sickly slime of vomit sneaking up her throat. Clamping one hand over her mouth, and one over her stomach, she ran in the other direction towards the bathroom, not watching where she was going.

It was then that she got a full on collision with Joe, whom once she had locked eye with, turned and emptied her stomach's content into the trash can that was blissfully placed next to them.

"Whoa there, Aloe," Joe nervously laughed as he gripped Aloe's shoulders, bringing her back level with him. She groaned and wiped her mouth, her other hand resting on the slight budge under her halter top.

"I'm sorry," Aloe managed out.

Joe's eyes bore into her half open one's before falling down her silhouette, landing on her stomach. He studied it for a few seconds before ripping his hands back and staring wide eyed at her.

"You're pregnant," he bluntly said. Aloe bit her lip and slightly turned, nodding.

"Yea," she breathed and Joe couldn't decide to either be angry or confused.

"Can I ask you a question?" he beckoned and Aloe swallowed before shaking her head.

"It's yours, Joe," she simply whispered and looked away again. Joe's heart literally stopped momentarily and stared at Aloe, dumbfounded.

"Huh?" Aloe's breath hitched as she avoided eye contact.

"It's a blessing, Joe, and that's all you have to say?" she asked and Joe swallowed every imaginable thought he could say.

"Aloe," he started and she bit her lip before shaking her head.

"I...I'm going to go home," she whispered and walked around Joe, his own self turning as she walked weakly away and out the back doors of the club. Joe was speechless and bewildered, un-aware of what to do for a moment's time before he felt a light tap on his shoulder.

"Joe?" he turned around to see Heather, brightly smiling.

"Yea?" he asked and she bounced on her heels.

"Can you take me home? I miss my babies already," Joe smirked before nodding, picking up her guitar case and the two walking over towards the rest of the gang.

"We're heading out, I guess," Joe mumbled and watched as Lexi and Andy waved, Freeda busy with playing a hand game with Kiki. Heather still looked as through she was still high off the show, her bright smile never leaving her face as Joe drove steadily down the not so busy streets.

"Did Aloe tell you?" Heather asked after the silence got to her. Joe looked over.

"Huh?" he asked.

Heather was about to answer when it was all too late, the headlights flashed into the side of the car, and Joe's vision filled with the trauma of Heather's scream as it finally happened.

It wasn't long, but it was long enough as Joe lye there, miraculously un-harmed, only the distant sounds of sirens filling his ears. He heard the slight sounds of people around him, a lone paramedic helping him sit up, just in time for other paramedics opening the drivers door, having Heather's limp body fall into their arms.

"We need a stretcher, fast!" one yelled and it was enough to bring tears to the grown man's eyes.

"Sir, we need you to get into the ambulance now,"

Joe was completely oblivious to his surroundings as he sat there, bouncing slightly with the ambulance as the paramedics wired Heather up, her eyes only half open, apparently going in and out of conscious as the seconds passed. Her head turned abruptly, and she parted her lips her hand somehow finding Joe's.

"Make sure they know I love them," Heather choked out and Joe shook his head, un-aware that they had stopped and Heather was being wheeled away, Joe being sat in a chair, a lone nurse tending to the only wound he would walk away with, a cut on the forehead.

----------

The call had Lexi out of her skin, literally scared for her life as she ran downstairs where Pete and Patrick were casually talking, the kids, ironically at Patrick's mother's house.

The apparent worry plastered all over Lexi's face was first seen by Pete, who stood up quickly as she skipped the last two steps, her eyes already threatening to let tears fall.

"What's going on?" he asked, making Patrick stand up as well, worried for whatever she was to say.

She shook her head and swallowed her tears back, closing her eyes as she felt a oh-so-familiar hand come in contact with her upper arm, making her look at the two.

Her lips trembled as she locked eyes with Patrick, his expression un-readable as she shook. In a deep breath, her timid and shaky voice whispered in the room.

"There's been an accident," she started and saw a gasp form on their lips. Lexi gulped again, her voice cracking as Patrick shook his head once. "Heather's in a coma,"

Patrick, the only man that Lexi knew to be so un-deserving of disaster, let the tears slip out of his eyes.

Patrick's world had just crumbled at his feet.


----------

** If you wish to see Lexi's weding dress, here are two links.
FRONT: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8417/lexisgownwd0.jpg
BACK: http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9020/sgown2hq2.jpg

now you can cry.
Sign up to rate and review this story