Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

Pete Wentz Could Write a Song About This

by moocow 10 reviews

i don't want to say anything to throw you off. just focus on the story.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 2651 words

0Unrated
Heather and Patrick walked hand-in-hand that early April morning, the sun shining brightly as they stepped through the park.

"Patrick?" Patrick turned his head, slightly looking down at his girlfriend as she ran a hand over her developing stomach.

"What is it, Heather?" he asked and watched as Heather bit her lip, turning her body so she could face him. Her hands gingerly took Patrick's, placing them over her stomach and smiled.

"You want to know a secret?" Heather asked and Patrick smiled, nodding.

"What?" he asked and Heather sighed, her classic bright smile appearing on her face.

"We're going to have twins," she whispered and Patrick just stared dumbfounded at his beautiful girlfriend.

"What?" he asked and Heather placed her hands over his on her stomach.

"Twins, Patrick. Twins," she spoke and watched as the biggest smile Patrick had ever given slowly slipped onto his face.

"This is great!" Patrick yelped and swung her around as she laughed.

He placed her down and stared into her eyes, trying to see if it was the right moment. He bowed his head down, capturing her lips in a gentle and loving kiss before smiling and taking his hands away.

"Huh?" Heather seemed confused for a moment until Patrick lowered himself in the grass as Heather stumbled back, her shoulders hitting the tree. "Patrick?" Heather whispered and Patrick bit his lip, looking up at Heather.

"I want to do things right, Heather. So after the babies are born," he paused and gripped her hand.

"Will you marry me?"



Patrick fluttered his eyes open, breath hitching at the dream he had been recurring in his thoughts. He sighed and glanced down to see Lexi still where she had been the entire time.

Lexi's eyes grew heavy as she leaned against Patrick, her lips forming into a yawn that echoed to the two other people that occupied the section of the waiting room they were in. Her bloodshot eyes shifted over to where Pete was sitting, his eyes never leaving the ceiling as his arms laced loosely over his chest, head back against the wall.

The ironic thing was that the other person was Clover, somebody even Lexi had not seen since she had given birth to Robert. Almost a year, if not longer. Her train of thought was broken as Patrick shifted, moving his arm lightly to turn to Lexi.

"Lex?" he asked and I hummed, tilting my head up to look at him.

"Yea?" I asked back and Patrick pursed his lips together.

"You're a great friend, but...you've been staying here with me for the last three days...its ok if you went home, you know," Lexi sighed, shaking her head.

"Patrick, Heather is my best friend, and..." Patrick placed a finger over her lips.

"Let Pete take you back to our house, ok?"

Lexi's heart raced at the fact of being alone with Pete, but then again, she was worn, and completely still shaken over seeing Heather's unconscious body, only yesterday. She nodded and Patrick smiled, planting a kiss on her forehead before turning his head towards Pete.

"Pete," he called and the older man showed no response, making Clover whack him, his head whipping up annoyed before looking over at his heartbroken friend.

"Yea?" he asked and Patrick shifted so that Lexi could sit up straight, yawning deeply.

"Can you take Lexi home? I'm...gonna stick around," Pete looked flabbergasted for a moment, before glancing over at Lexi who was standing up, slipping her flats on and grabbing her things. He nodded quickly, standing and pausing for Lexi to walk over to him.

"You guys leaving?" The two looked up to see a slightly distraught Andy, holding a coffee cup, his eyes just as bloodshot as every one else's. Lexi nodded, looking back at Clover and Patrick.

"Take care of him, ok?" she whispered, Andy nodding as Pete walked around him, her quickly following.

The journey back to Patrick's was quiet, Pete constantly glancing over at Lexi who played with her bracelet, her eye lids heavy with each blink.

Pete sighed, as they stopped at a red light, seeing the familiar jewelry he had given her over the years on her hands and even the diamond star around her neck.

Lexi glanced over for a minute, biting her lip as he stared back. Lexi turned her head away again, sighing as she leaned her head against the window.

"Light," she mumbled and Pete hesitated to push on the gas.

They arrived at the house not a minute later, Lexi silently entering, leaving Pete to lock the doors up. She crossed the room until she met the stairs, her tired legs taking her up until Pete heard the distant click of door meeting frame.

He sighed, shrugging off his hoodie and slinging it over Patrick's couch, his own worn legs following the same path Lexi had made. He stood there, right in front of both doors, one closed, behind it his lost love, the other open, where he was to stay.

Pete shook his head, he liked taking chances.

When he entered Lexi's room, she didn't turn rationally towards him, just sighed, her still ever-glowing blue catching his own forever deep brown.

"Hey," she spoke softly and sat down on the bed in her oversized t-shirt, ironically the same t-shirt that had pretty much brought them together.

Who the f@$% is Pete Wentz?

Pete smirked and pushed himself off the door, slowly crossing the room until he sat next to her, the two silent as they stared onward at the white wall, the only sound their quiet breathing.

"I never would have pictured my life to be like this four years ago," Lexi whispered, her head turning to face Pete who after a moment faced her as well.

"Same here, you know," Pete replied in the same tone, his voice dangerously low.

For god's sake, he was talking so intimately to a woman he had betrayed, a woman he adored with every fiber of his being.

Pete smiled as lightly as he could in this situation, trying to tell himself not to lean forward and throw it all out there for Lexi to see, how sorry he was, how much he loved her and needed her.

No, he decided, only for the main reason he had done enough.

"Pete?" Pete shook his thoughts away and hummed.

"Lexi," he replied and she took a deep breath.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Pete blinked for a minute before nodding, watching as Lexi crawled under the sheets and moving over to make room for him.

Pete stared at her back, sending him into a whirl-wind of flashbacks to how many nights he had stared at the very same back, and soon found his hand sneaking over to gingerly touch her side, asking for permission.

It shocked Lexi, but she tried to hide it. It was self gratification to let him as she wanted the feeling of being cared for. Lexi closed her eyes again as her back met Pete's chest, his arm now wrapped completely around her slim waist.

Pete knew this night would go down in the history book of Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the Third.

----------

Aloe walking down the hallway of her apartment, while one hand played with the bow around her waist, slightly hiding the one and a half bump she had. The other hand lightly outlined the frames of the seemingly never ending stretch of memories.

She sighed, tears glazing over her eyes as she stared at the younger versions of her own self, always with one of her girls. It wasn't a surprise that the girls were sandbox friends, the foursome had all been through it all together ever since kindergarten.

Aloe took a deep breath in through her nose, seeing her own self holding Robert, the same day that Pete had proposed to Lexi, everyone glowing with the anticipation of the third wedding of the group. Guilt tugged at Aloe's heart, knowing she was the main reason for shattering it.

And what did it leave her?

Nothing except a baby she was doomed to raise on her own. Aloe turned her head at the sound of a footstep and her breath hitched as she saw Joe, standing with his arms open, a sympathetic smile on his features.

"Come here," he simply said and Aloe didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around his neck, his own finding their way around her waist.

"What made you come back?" Aloe whispered and Joe smirked, pulling back. He rested his palms on her stomach, his fingers curling over her waist.

"You're having my baby for god's sake, Aloe..." Aloe blinked before a smile broke out on her face. "It's the best apology I could think of," Aloe laughed lightly and sighed deeply, resting her body against Joe's.

"I wish that everyone else can be this happy,"

----------

Freeda sat watching as Martin and Kiki played, Sadie quietly sitting next to her on the edge of the couch, her hands folded in her lap as her legs swung lightly, sticking out of her pale pink autumn dress.

"Aunty Freeda," Freeda looked down at the toddler, just catching her profile, finding every trace of Heather and Patrick stuck inside of her.

Sadie had been blessed with Heather's natural beauty, a mix of both her parent's eyes and yet, had every Patrick mannerism possible. Sadie was the quiet twin, even if she was young, every body knew it.

Martin of course being the male twin had Patrick's looks, landing himself with every Heather quirk you could come up with. Freeda sighed, not liking the fact Sadie had been so quiet.

The parents had tried so desperately to be hush-hush about Heather, but it was this unknown feeling that washed over Freeda, that possibly, Sadie knew what was going on.

"Yes, Sadie?" Freeda answered and watched as the little girl turned her head, her natural strawberry blonde barreled curls bouncing over her shoulder. Freeda stared down into the two year olds' icy blue eyes.

"Is my mommy going to be ok?" she asked in a very soft whisper, child like tears surfacing as Freeda's face fell, mortified that such a young child could know so much. She fidgeted, unsure of how to answer her.

"Sadie...I..." Sadie tucked in her lip, turning her head back and looking down at her lap.

"I love my mommy, I don't want to see daddy sad," Freeda placed a gentle hand over Sadie's back.

"Sadie, I'll tell you right now, that only one person knows what's going to happen," Sadie seemed bewildered by this, her head whipping up to catch Freeda's eyes.

"Who?" she asked and Freeda smiled, kissing the young girl's forehead.

"Your mommy," she replied. "Only Heather knows what lies ahead,"

----------

"Patrick?" Patrick turned to Heather, raising his eyebrow as she came into the guestroom he had been sleeping in the past few weeks.

"Hmm?" he hummed and saw Heather come into view.

"I...I just wanted to say goodnight," she whispered and Patrick sat up to see her in her pale pink slip, her longer blonde hair cascading down her shoulders.

They locked eyes for a few seconds before Patrick beckoned her over, Heather slowly obeying and sitting down on the edge of the bed next to Patrick as he leaned against the headboard.

"Heather...I don't you over worrying about Lexi...she's going to be ok," Patrick stared at his wife as she played with her wedding ring, her bottom lip tucked into her mouth.

"I just want her to be happy, you know?" Patrick nodded as they locked eyes again, his thoughts getting the best of him as he raised a hand to cup her cheek.

"Don't you think you deserve to be happy too?" he whispered and saw Heather blink, fluttering her eyes closed as they kissed softly.

When a few moments passed, Heather showed no signs of letting the kiss end there, she turned her head, letting Patrick kiss down her neck, his hands falling to her waist and moving her to straddle his lap as he pushed the sheets away as well. Heather sighed adoringly and held Patrick's face away for a moment, smiling brightly.

"Are you ready to make things work, Patrick?" she asked in a soft voice.

Patrick nodded, letting his eyes closed as Heather made their lips come together again, her body growing weak as she let Patrick prove that he loved her very much.



Patrick blinked the thought for his mind as he sat there, his body leaning forward as he stared down at the tiled ground as his hands folding in-between his legs, breathing shallow.

Andy was pretty much in the same unknowing state, his head back and staring up at the Florissant light, while Clover had managed to slip away, going home to rest. Patrick swallowed, so scared for his life.

There were slight scrambled footsteps, Patrick glancing over for a minute to see another patient being wheeled in, a mother in labor, the couple young and the father on their heels as they were wheeled into the room next to Heather's.

It didn't strike Patrick as odd until he heard the first, light distant sound of the flat line, the same that had been subconsciously ringing ever since Robert had passed. He saw a doctor walk by, his eyes widening as he walked in, a few nurses following.

Patrick's heart raced and yet he didn't move, his eyes just staring, ears listening as conversations molded together.

"We need shock pads, now!"

Heather.

"Come on, push!"

Baby.

"Clear!"

Heather.

"I can see the head!"

Baby.

"Clear!"

Heather.

"One more push!"

Baby.

Silence.

Heather.

A baby, crying.

Baby.

Patrick shut his eyes tightly, the only sound footsteps coming closer as Andy leaned up, now fully aware of what was happening.

"Mr. Stump?" Patrick nervously opened his eyes, slowly raising his head to meet the eyes of the ER doctor.

He held his breath, his heart started to slow down in anticipation, even if it was only a split second as the doctor took a breath, Patrick unable to read his expression.

The doctor locked eyes with him and the world stopped.

----------

Lexi and Pete sat on the couch still just contemplating to themselves what it would be like if they were to turn and jump the other. Lexi took a deep breath, turning her head towards Pete.

"Pete," she spoke softly and Pete turned his head, eyes breaking off whatever was on the TV.

His eyes locked with Lexi's and she took a deep breath, biting and licking her lips before placing a soft hand on Pete's cheek and bringing him closer, their eye's fluttering closed as they closed the small space between them, but only for a mere second.

The shrill ringing of Lexi's cell went off, her body standing to answer it. She turned off the TV and Pete studied her as all her emotions drowned from her face, her eyes going blank. Pete didn't know what to do but to stare at her as she fell back to the couch, her hand finding her way to her mouth.

"...we'll be there soon, Patrick," she whispered and closed her phone, her eyes shutting tightly and her lips forming to take a shaky breath. Pete started to worry, jumping slightly and scooting closer to Lexi, and taking her trembling hands in his own.

"Lex, what...what happened?" he asked and Lexi opened her eyes, her head turning before she collapsed against Pete, his shoulder quickly dampening with tears. "Lexi, for god's sake," Lexi tore back, and shook her head, her grip tightening his hands.

"She's gone, Pete! Gone!" Pete let his mouth fall into a gasp, Lexi hiccupping.

"Heather," Pete whispered and Lexi closed her eyes tight.

"Heather's gone, Pete," she whispered, dangerously low.

"She's gone..."
Sign up to rate and review this story