Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

Sanctuary

by story_master 2 reviews

Theresa finds a sanctuary where Cronus can't get her. But her thoughts eat away at her and she loses all hope. What can she do?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 1416 words

0Unrated
Tory: Okay as promised here is the next chapter. Please review as it helps me update faster. Rates do too. Well that's all I have to say for now. Enjoy the story!
Disclaimer: I do not own CotT, unfortunetly. If I did I would lock Archie and Atlanta in a room until they confessed their feelings and the same with Jay and Theresa. lol. Sorry random to say but hey. I do however own all my stories.


Theresa had been sitting by the pond for a long time trying to gather her thoughts. It was relatively peaceful there. Theresa was sitting crosslegged and meditating. Then she was brought back to reality as she heard the noise that unmistakably belonged to Cronus' giants.

" Crap! They must've followed me!" Theresa muttered as she got up and prepared to fight.

When the giants didn't appear she lowered her fists and looked around.

" I was sure..." she whispered to herself.

Just as she was about to turn around and sit back when she heard loud cracking sound. She spun around to see a tree falling over and the giants coming out of the trees. Theresa raised her fists to fight the two giants that had followed her. But she slowly lowered them when she saw five more emerge from behind the two. She turned and ran. There was no way she was going to fight seven giatns by herself.

She ran into antoher grouping of trees adn switched direction trying to lose them. But they were persistant adn followed her no matter what. She then found herself back at the clearing where she had first seen them. Then she got an idea. She took off towards the town, giants still following her.

As she ran through the town many people looked worried or afraid as they saw a girl being chased by seven ugly giants. Theresa saw the familiar, and ugly, statue in the towns center of Cronus. 'Only a few more blocks to go.' she thought as she rounded a corner.

Theresa kept pushing herself to go faster. She definetly didn't want to see Cronus again. as she passed by the remains of the brownstone she slowed down a little but didn't stop. Not yet. Theresa ran a few more blocks before coming to a halt. She looked up at the building and let her memories fly through her mind once more. She took a deep breathe before walking towards it.

She raised her hand up to the door handle and pulled it. Stuck. She tried again. Still stuck. She pounded her fist against the door.

" Damn it!" she said aloud and cursed under her breathe.

" Theresa. I'm afraid the school's closed." Cronus' voice said from behind her.

Theresa turned around to face the demonic god. A look of exhaustion and annoyance on her face.

" You'll have to come with me. I can't have rebels in my world now can I." Cronus said as he stepped towards her.

She looked down and a smirk came across her face. Cronus stopped in his tracks and looked at her.

" What are you smiling at?" he asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

" You can't kill what you can't catch Cronus." she replied before running off once more.

He cursed before disappearing into another one of his portals. Theresa ran even harder and even faster than before. But within minutes she felt her legs giving out. ' I can't keep running forever. I need to get back there.' she thought as she slowed down and rested on a bench.

As she sat there she saw a piece of paper stapled to the telephone pole. She got up adn walked over to read it. The notice read: WANTED. A reward for any person who can bring this girl to the emporer alive. Then there was a picture of Theresa below it. She stumbled back and looked around. She was being watched. She could feel it.

' Now who can I trust? If everyone's out to get that reward I'm on my own.' she thought as she looked at all the towns people. Then she heard someone yell.

" Hey! That's the girl that the emporer is offering a reward for! Get her!" the voice yelled from a croud of people.

" Great. More running." Theresa muttered sarcastically before running yet again.

She heard footsteps chasing after her. She ran back to the New Olympia High School adn tried the door once more. ' Still stuck.' she thought to herself before remembering something. ' The back door! It's never unlocked. That's how we used ot get in before.' she thought happily as she ran around to the back of the school.

She pulled on the door and with some effort it came open. She could still hear the townspeople yelling from the front. So when she entered the school she made sure to lock the door behind her.

As Theresa ran down the old halls of the school her footsteps echoed loudly. She skidded to a stop as she reached the janitors door.

" Please still work." she prayed quietly as she placed her medallion into the dusty slot.

It spun around and made a faint 'ding' noise when it stopped. The door opened and she pulled her medallion out and stuffed in back into her jeans.

" Yes!" Theresa shouted with joy.

Then she pulled on the light string ( A/N: not sure what it's called.), the door slammed shut and a blue portal materialized before her eyes. She stepped through to find it very dark. ' That's odd. It's never dark in here.' she thought as she pulled out her PMR to use the light. The PMR's light cast a small pale yellow circle on the ground.

Theresa knew the halls really well so it wasn't to hard for her to find anything. First she went to see Persephone. When she entered Persephone's solarium she found it empty. ' Maybe Hermes is here.' she thought to herself as she walked towards his office. But when she opened the door and shone her light it she found it empty as well.

' Maybe they're all in Hera's office.' Theresa thought hopefully. So she decided to check there too. Outside of Hera's office there is a light switch for the entire hideout. So when she arrived there she pushed it up to turn on the lights. One by one the lights slowly flickered on and the halls were flooded with light once more.

Theresa knocked on the door. When she got no reply she opened it and found Hera's office empty as well. She was starting to think that she really was alone in this world. She sighed and walked to Chiron's study which she found, unsurprisingly, empty. She layed down on the bed. She stared up at the ceiling and let her thoughts consume her.

' Where is everyone? Where are the gods and goddesses? Where are my friends? How can I do this alone? If the prophesy says that seven heroes will stop Cronus then how can I do it alone? If the rest of the world is out to get me too because of the "wanted posters" then how do I leave this place with out getting caught? Well at least I'll be safe in here. But for how long?' Her thoughts swirled around and around inside her mind.

Eventually Theresa's eyelids started to feel heavy and she realized how tired she was. When she came to the school the second time the sun had been setting. She curled up and closed her eyes. Then she started to fall into a very uneasy sleep which her thoughts turned into a nightmare.
~*~

Is Theresa alone in the world? Are her friends really gone? Will she have to fight Cronus alone? Will she win? Where are the gods and goddesses? Read on to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it! Sorry if that chapter was a little boring to some of you but I promise it will get lots better and definetly more interesting. I will update hopefully tomorrow and through out the week but I can't promise anything. It'll all depend on how much homework I get. But i will do it all after school so I can write another chapter. Well that's all I have to say for now. Please rate and review. It will help me get a sense of whether you like it and what you want to happen. It will also help me update sooner. Oh and constructive critism is always welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story