Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Leaving The Past Behind

Weight Of The World

by darks00 2 reviews

The songs "Weight of the World" by Evanescence. This is a year later in the future. D and J are now married. Then why isn't Julius happy?

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-18 - Updated: 2006-10-19 - 751 words

0Unrated
_______________________________________________________________

Feels like the weight of the world
Like God in heaven gave me a turn
Don't cling to me
Is swear I can't fix you
still in the dark
can you fix me?

_________________________________________________________


JULIUS' POINT OF VIEW:
AT THE MALL:

I was happily married to Delilah for almost a year. And I was happy...sort of. Somethings up with Delilah. I think...I think...she's been cheating on me. I didn't know. So that's why I'm here, at the mall, hiding like a coward behing a trash can like a little child. The smell bugged me, but Delilah bugged me more.


Believe it or not, Ursula and Delilah are now friends. Amazing what years and maturity can do to you, huh?

_________________________________________________________

Free fall
Free fall
All through life

_______________________________________________________

I stared with green jealousy in my eyes as I listened to Ursula and Delilah talk. They were having coffee together at Mcdonalds resteraunt.

"Delilah, you can't hide this from Julius forever," I heard Ursula say, taking a drink of her black coffee. "You have to tell him sometime."

"yeah. I just don't know how Juls will take it, you know?"

I gasped. She was hiding something!

___________________________________________________________

If you loved me
Then let go of me
I won't be held down by who I used to be
She's nothing to me

_________________________________________________________-

I put my hand on my mouth to try not from shouting. Ouch...that hurts! I continued to listen.

"Did you see him today?" Ursula continue to ask.

"Yeah."

"How long as this been going on for?"

"About three months."

I gasped. She was cheating on me! For that long! Did I do something wrong? Was it who I used to be when I was younger? I know I wasn't the perfect kid or teenager, but still...didn't I mean anything to her? How can you throw a years marriage away just in a moment? Who was she seeing, got the most of me.

____________________________________________________________

Feels like the weight of the world
Like all my screamings gone unheard
And oh I know you don't believe in me
safe in the dark
how can you see

________________________________________________________

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. Should I blow my cover and ask her? No, she'd never forgive me. I know my "wife." oh, God, Delilah, how could you do this to me? Do you know how much you're hurting me?

If she did loved me, why would she let me suffer like this? Why did she cheat on me? Am I not good enough for her? Am I a bad husband? I try my best to make her happy...maybe I'm not good enough...

________________________________________________________

Free fall
Free fall
All through life

_____________________________________________________


I couldn't take it no more. Oh, the suspence! What was she hiding? I ran up to Delilah, losing my hiding place behind the trash can with anger in my eyes. Delilah gasped, and her hazel brown eyes widened when she saw me.

Oh, how can you love someone and hate someone at the same time? What was she hiding? What couldn't she tell me?

"Jul-lius..." She cried out.

"yes, I heard everything," I cried out, almost in tears.

"You heard, huh?"

"Yes."

Ursula was quiet, for once in her life.

"What is going on?" I asked her.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yeah. Of course!"

________________________________________________________________

If you loved me
Then let go of me
I won't be held down by who I used to be

_____________________________________________________________

Delilah took a deep breath, sighed, and took my hands into hers. She pulled me to her height. Then, she looked up with a smile on her face.

"Julius...you're going to be a daddy..."

"You mean...you mean you're..." I gasped.

"Pregnant." Finished Ursula, being nosey.

"REALLY?!?" I cried out with hapiness.

Delilah shook her head "yes", smiling. We were both almost in tears of joy.

"The man I was seeing was the doctor, Julius. And for three months I've been pregnant. You know I'd never cheat on you, Julius. I love you. I've just been waiting for the perfect moment to tell you."

"I love you too. I'm sorry I didn't trust you."

I gave her a kiss. Wow...I was going to be a dad!

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx

If you loved me...then let go of me...

WOW. Evanescence sings some powerful stuff, huh? It almost sounds like if you loved me, you wouldn't let me suffer like this, huh? You knew Delilah wouldn't cheat on Julius, right? :)
Sign up to rate and review this story