Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

The Moment We've Been Waiting For

by darks00 3 reviews

It's My Sanctuarys big night!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2006-10-19 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 778 words

2Funny
Chapter 5: The Moment We've Been Waiting For

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

"So, we all know what we're doing, right?" Asked Megan behind the stage of The Forgotten Bands.

She was zipping up her long black boots she was wearing. Kyle was practicing on his bass guitar very quietly, with Kenny just sitting on old stool, being board.

"Yes," Kyle said, rolling eyes. "We're singing the song we did for the addition...Safe in the Shadows."

"Right," Kenny agreed.

"Hey, Princess!" Cried out a voice.

I knew right away who it was. Andy. Anger poisoned my veins. I remembered how he flirted with Megan yesterday. God, I hate him!

"Best of luck, guys," Andy said. "Break a leg."

I swear I heard him say under his breath, he said, "Literally."

Jerk. Then we heard it:

"Now, let's give a big welcome for "My Sanctuary!" Screamed DJ.

Everyone screamed in delight.

"This is it!" Cried out Megan. "The moment we've been waiting for!"

There was a man with an orange cap in front of us, also, taping us live.

"Are you guys ready to rock!?" Megan cried out in the mic.

That made everyone shout louder. I took a deep breath to do my drum solo. I can't believe I did it. I just closed my eyes, pretending it was just me and my drums. I'm at home, not in front of millions of people...Oh, crap, now I'm thinking about it! Megan began to sing slow, than faster...

I am a lost soul
Trying to find a way to make myself whole
But found I was more lost in myself
Taunted by people like yourself

So I hide in the shadows of the walls
In the shadows of these lonely halls
Safe in the darkness. safe in the shadows
Where no one can see me...



Now, this time we did something different. After the first chorus, Kenny had a guitar solo. Megan thrust her fist into the air, signally Kenny to begin his solo. But, Kenny is the type who needs to impress everyone. Big mistake. He jumped in the air, and stick his legs out while still playing. But he was too slow to put his legs back on the ground - he fell to the ground, doing the splits. OUCH! I couldn't help but laugh, making me lose concentration. My hands were sweaty as they were from anxiety. My Uncle George's drum sticks slipped from my hand and went flying. It hit Megan in the back of the head. Megan let out a cry of pain while holding her head where the drum stick hit her. She then fell to the ground, kneeling in pain. The audience and the crew of the Forgotten Bands contest laughed. Then, Kyle screamed so loud that everyone could hear him even without a mic.

"Kenny, you idiot! You just had to show off, now look what you did!" Kyle screamed.

Kenny still said nothing. He was still...errr...holding himself where he was sore.

"Oh, that's it!" Screamed Kyle.

He ran to Kenny. He had to get by me and my drum set to get to Kenny. In rage, he didn't see he was heading for my precious drum set. Kyle ran into one of my drums. One of his feet was stuck in the drum. He let out a grunt of frustration as he kicked it off him. The drum landed on my other drums. It made a dominos effect and my drum set crashed into a heap of junk on the floor.

"MY DRUMS!" I screamed in horror. "KYLE, YOU IDIOT!"

I got off my stool, ran to Kyle and tackled him to the floor as a football player would. Soon, after Kenny was feeling better, he joined the fight.

"YOU'RE THE IDIOT, KYLE!" Screamed Kenny.

Now Kenny, Kyle and me were in fist fight.

"BOYS! STOP IT!" screamed Megan.

She came up to us, try to stop us, but she ended up getting caught in the fight, too. She started to throw punches along with us.

DJ tried to stop us, but he couldn't. Security had to come and pull us backstage. All we heard was laughter. It took me awhile to realize what happened. Oh my God, we wrecked it! We just started, and now it's over for My Sanctuary...Then I heard DJ talking the audiences, still laughing.

"Um...thanks, My Sanctuary..." He said between laughter's. "If you want to vote for My Sanctuary, go on forgottenbands.ca or text "forgottenbands" to 223344."

But, hey, Andy was right for once...we did broke a leg...and had one hell of an entrance!

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story