Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

The Cure to Pregnancy

by moocow 9 reviews

I'm going to faint. 7 fucking pages in word.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-19 - Updated: 2006-10-20 - 3409 words

0Unrated
"Patrick?" Patrick blinked from staring up at the ceiling and looked over at Lexi who stood in his doorway, a nervous look on her face.

"What is it, Lex?" he asked and she sighed.

"Where are Sadie and Martin?" she asked back in a quiet voice. Patrick sat up, yawning deeply.

"They're with Pete," Lexi slightly widened her eyes and looked at Pete.

"Why are they with Pete?" she asked quickly and Patrick smirked.

"I have no idea. Why? What's up?" he asked and Lexi closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I need you to do me a huge favor," she mumbled and Patrick blinked as her hand fell to her stomach.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa...I'm not going out for tampons," he said, waving his hands about. Lexi didn't even crack a smile.

"It's worse than that, Patrick," she whispered and Patrick pursed his lips together before standing and walking over to Lexi.

"Lexi, baby, look at me," Lexi crunched her face, frustrated and pounded her hands against Patrick's chest.

"Oh don't bring up babies, Patrick," she whined and Patrick calmed her, gripping her hands and making her look at him.

"Lex...do you need a test?" he asked and Lexi took a deep breath and nodded. Patrick nodded and shimmied her over to the bathroom.

"Now I know Heather had like boxes of it so she never had to go out," Lexi smirked lightly but stood awkwardly until he handed her the box and nodded, kissing her forehead.

"You know what to do," Lexi sighed as he closed the bathroom door and Lexi reached to lock it out of habit.

She took a deep breath and proceeded with the 'procedure'. When she was done, she unlocked the door and hoped up on the counter and covered the stick with the instructions she didn't even need. There was a knocking on the door.

"Can I come in?" Lexi hummed and soon she saw Patrick sneaking in and standing off to the side of her. "So?" he asked and Lexi shrugged.

"You have to wait two minutes, Patrick," Patrick nodded and took Lexi's hand.

"I'm sure you'll make a terrific mother..." he paused and shifted his eyes. "Again," he mumbled and Lexi laughed lightly.

"You're going to jinx me," she spoke and Patrick looked at her.

"So you do want a baby," Lexi shrugged and sighed.

"It's been two minutes," she whispered and Patrick blinked at her before nodding. Lexi's fingers curled under the paper and the two jumped right as the doorbell rang. Patrick nodded and shuffled towards the door.

"I'll be back," Patrick had opened the door to reveal Pete and as soon Pete said 'hi' there was a half scream half squeal from upstairs. Pete seemed to have widened his eyes and Patrick whipped around.

"Oh bloody hell," he mumbled and ran up, Pete on hot on his tail.

Patrick reached the bathroom only to see Lexi, up against the wall, far away from the test on the counter, one hand on her stomach, the other over her mouth while her eyes widened at the site of Pete.

Patrick took the first glance and due to human nature he smiled wide and engulfed Lexi into a hug, lifting her off the ground, spinning her around until she protested. Pete didn't catch on until his eyes drifted towards the test.

He took a step and felt Lexi's hands curl around his arms, her black barrels of curls falling forward as she nodded and rested her head against his chest, her arms snaking around his torso. Pete blinked a couple of times while Patrick exited.

"Lexi?" Pete was surprised by the softness of his own voice as his arms found their way around her. All she did was nuzzle her head into his chest and take a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant, Pete," she mumbled and Pete blinked, slightly turning his gaze towards the mirror where he smiled at the scene of having Lexi in his arms.

"I know," He replied, looking back down at her head and nuzzling his nose in her hair. "I love you Lexi," he could feel Lexi take the breath and he didn't let the smile fall from his face.

He understood the fact Lexi couldn't say it back just yet. His grip loosened as she leaned back slightly and smiled up at him, her hand falling against his cheek before she smiled, the shock setting in.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered again and Pete nodded, kissing her forehead and biting his lip from smiling, and believe it or not, crying. "Please don't cry," she spoke in a softer voice and placed both hands on either side of his face, using her thumb to push the hair out of his eyes and sniff herself, the tears glazing her own.

"I love you Lexi. And I want to prove to you that. So I'm gonna go. But you'll see me soon,"

Lexi blinked a few time and leaned up for a kiss, but was faced with Pete's fingertips pushing her back down. He kissed her on the forehead and smiled, looking down at her stomach.

"I want a girl," he whispered and patted her there before walking backwards and out of the Stump residence.

Lexi didn't know what to think and followed down the stairs and right into Patrick who brightly smiled.

"You have to get ready; I am now your escort for tonight,"

----------

Lexi took a deep breath as she stared at herself in the mirror, deciding to wear her red halter top that went past her belt line, except when she stretched, and was tight fitting until it reached the tie that went under her breasts and tied around her back.

"Patrick?" she called and soon the man appeared in her room, pulling on a jacket over his simple black t-shirt that Lexi had given him a few years back.

I'm quiet because I'm thinking about the best sex move for us.

Lexi smirked lightly but turned her back, holding the tie out.

"Can you tie a perfect bow?" she asked and Patrick smiled, nodding to her in the closet mirror.

"You know, I hope everything goes according to plan," Lexi looked at Patrick through the mirror and let her heart beat fasten.

"What plans?" she asked and Patrick shook his head before patting her side.

"Change these jeans. I like the black skinny ones better," Lexi blinked and looked down at her ripped blue jeans.

"True," she mumbled. Patrick looked down at his watch.

"Chop, chop, I'll meet you downstairs,"

Lexi nodded and shimmied out of her jeans as Patrick left the room before she gripped her jeans and slid them on, happy with the outcome of her outfit.

She knew it was risky, considering the fact it was snowing outside, but she could have cared less. She took one more glance and let her hair fall from the bun she had it in and smiled at the natural barreled curls.

She joined Patrick and the two walked outside where a limo was waiting. Lexi slightly shivered, her hoodie being the only thing on her and paused for a moment. Closing her eyes for a brief moment, she took a deep breath and looked up at the sky, particularly a star.

Daddy, Heather, Mom, Robert...anybody really, give me strength and maybe a pair of angel wings. I really need it tonight...

----------

Patrick refused to let Lexi bring her hoodie into the venue, and said it had to be off for a reason. Lexi was hesitant at first, but once in the club, she was happy to find it warm. Patrick stood next to her as roadies set up the stage and more people piled in.

"Patrick, why are we here?" Lexi asked and Patrick smiled.

"You'll see,"

Lexi clung to his arm as she observed the people that seemed to be rather familiar, either from past shows, or from Patrick and Heather's wedding. Even Andy and Freeda's.

She didn't let it faze her as Patrick tugged her forward and towards the stage where they were front and center, right up against the stage. Lexi waited a few moments before the crowd began to cheer and the band took the stage.

Lexi let her breath catch in her throat as the recognized the band.

"Patrick. What is The Cure doing here?" Lexi asked quickly and quietly as they launched into their first song. Patrick smiled turning his head and leaning towards her ear.

"Because they are your favorite band,"

Lexi let her mouth slightly open in shock but took a deep breath and listened to her instincts and sang along to every song as the night drew on. When the show neared it end, Lexi was now leaning against Patrick, her body tired from standing all night.

"Alright, we are right about ready to head out," Lexi smiled at the sound of Robert Smith's accent. Cue disappointment of the crowd. "But," he paused and Lexi glanced up to see a smile spreading on his lips. "I have a special friend that's gonna help me sing this last song,"

Lexi blinked and turned her head towards Patrick who had to bite his lip from laughing at her clueless face.

"Please welcome Mr. Peter Wentz," Lexi narrowed her eyes at Patrick before whipping her head up at Pete who was now on stage.

She had to think for a moment before looking down at her clothes.

And then she remembered.

They were both clad in the clothes they were wearing the day they met, and it surprised Lexi in more ways than one, considering she could still fit in them. The crowd literally began to scream and cheer as Robert turned to Pete and handed him a bass. Pete smiled and took the mic for a moment.

"Hi," he breathed and avoided eye contact with Lexi. "This song is for a very special woman that this boy's heart belongs to,"

Lexi held her breath as the crowd cheered and clenched tighter on Patrick's arm as she heard the rift start. Her heart first sped up and beat so fast that it felt like it was slowing down.

An indescribable feeling took over her body and her breathing became shallow, her body feeling numb as both men she idolized- one as a model and the other as a man, took their microphones.

"'Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick, the one that makes me scream', she said. 'The one that makes me laugh', she said. Threw her arms around my neck,"

Lexi felt her heart stop, well, come close to it. Nothing she had ever experienced had ever felt so utterly amazing, so.../perfect/.

"Show me how you do it, and I promise you- I promise that I'll run away with you," they paused and in the split second, Pete took his first glance at Lexi, locking eyes with her. "I'll run away with you,"

Lexi had to let a breath go, one that made Patrick glance at her for a second and squeeze her hand to make sure she was ok. Lexi nodded and looked back up at Pete.

"Spinning on that dizzy edge, I kissed her face and kissed her head and dreamed of all the different ways I had to make her glow. 'Why are you so far away?' she said. Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you?" Lexi knew the next line.

"That I'm in love with you?"

She decided to word that line, but it came out involuntarily, like she was programmed to always say it every time she heard this song, which was every night that she sang to herself no matter where she was.

"You- soft and only. You-lost and lonely. You- strange as angels dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water. You're just like a dream..." Lexi bit her lip and let Pete's eyes catch her's again. "You're just like a dream..."

Patrick shifted suddenly and moved Lexi so that she was in front of him, his arms around her waist and slightly pushed her more towards the stage.

"Don't cry, ok?" Even though it was more of a statement more than a question. Lexi gulped and nodded.

"Daylight licked me into shape. I must have been asleep for days and moving lips to breathe her name. I opened up my eyes and found myself alone, alone, alone above a raging sea, that stole the only girl I loved and drowned her deep inside of me,"

Lexi pursed her lips together and felt her heart beat rattling against her chest. She had never been so nervous, so amazed. She would have never imagined her life to be this thrilling when it came down to it. She took the deepest breath he ever would take and stared up at Pete who in the split second had his bass ripped off of him.

"You- soft and only. You- lost and lonely. You,"

The music stopped.

Lexi let her eyes widen a bit.

He had changed it just for her.

Patrick's arms tightened around her as she felt her legs tremble, the tears slightly blurring her vision.

Pete smiled down at her and the crowd grew silent at the wave of his hand.

And that's when she realized something about the crowd.

It was full of people she knew.

Arizonans, Chicagoans, friends, family- /everybody/.

Lexi parted her lips to say something, but closed it, remembering the last line. She shook her head faintly, as if nobody was going to see, but then she saw Pete nod once, in the same manner, just so that only she could see.

Lexi lost track of the seconds that pasted, she lost track of how many beats her heart was going a /second/.

She lost track of everything and the only thing she could remember to do was take a breath as Pete slowly lowered himself to her level, and dipped his head so he could catch her glowing eyes.

Pete noticed just how they glowed and how they had never been as blue as they were that night. He licked his lips quickly and didn't raise the microphone any before parting his lips.

"Just like heaven,"

Lexi blinked slowly and Pete stood back up making her heart beat even faster. She almost fell forward, but felt Patrick take her back.

But then all that was on stage was Pete and Robert, just staring at the crowd who remained silent. Lexi closed her eyes and opened them to see a hand outstretched to her. It was an unfamiliar hand and she had to blink several times to realize that the Robert Smith was offering her a hand.

"Would you like to come on stage, Lexus?" he asked and Lexi bit her lip, slowly nodding and grasping her hand, letting Patrick pick her up by the hips so she could place her feet on the stage and be up on stage.

She felt hands on her hips, guiding her to in front of Pete and she took one quick glance at the crowd when she saw all her friends, Sadie now around Patrick's neck and holding onto his hat while Martin was around Andy's, Kiki around Joe's with the girls all around them.

And Lexi blinked, knowing that Heather was somewhere there too.

Turning her gaze back at Pete she blinked as he put the microphone down and cleared his throat and didn't even touch Lexi for the time being.

"Lexi," Lexi held her breath as his voice flowed over the crowd that was eerily silent, something she knew had been instructed. "I know this seems over the top, but I had to make sure it was perfect for you," he spoke and Lexi nodded again and gulped.

"It is," she replied in a very soft voice, one she was sure the crowd would never hear.

Pete smiled and bit his lip for a moment. Lexi held her breath again and blocked out everything until it was just Pete and her in a sea of black, stars filling the sky above them as he took her hand.

"I love you Lexus Ann Starr," Lexi closed her eyes tightly and when she opened them let her breath hitch at the fact she didn't see Pete. She felt him though and looked down to see him on one knee, a nervous smile on his face.

"Pete,"

Lexi told herself to breath and she let one gasp out, quickly sucking in air as her breathing became shallow again and the uneasy feeling of as though she was going to faint flowed through her veins.

Pete looked up at her with every emotion he could muster. He held his own breath and pursed his lips together before timidly parting his lips.

"You'll never know how sorry I am for everything that's happened to us. And you'll never know how many nights I didn't sleep because you weren't there. And you'll defiantly never know how many times I cried when I was alone in that house..." Lexi swallowed back everything.

"Pete," she said again and Pete shook his head.

"And now you're pregnant with what would have been our second baby," a few gasps were heard throughout the crowd and Pete bored his eyes into Lexi's.

She noticed the slight glaze of tears start to overpower his already emotionally filled eyes. Lexi always had a knack for reading eyes, but couldn't explain just what Pete was thinking.

Hell, he didn't even know.

"You don't know how ready I am to be with you, and only you, Lexi," he whispered, just loud enough for it to drift to the crowd.

Lexi felt her entire body tremble and knew that if she didn't keep breathing she would topple and crush Pete, not crush, but bring him down with her.

Pete blinked up at her and let her hand go for a moment until he opened a small velvet black box to reveal the simplest of rings, a white gold band with a simple, average sized diamond.

But Lexi knew it was special, this time there were two smaller sized diamond stars next to it.

Her breath hitched and Lexi would have fainted if it wouldn't have been for the fact she was pregnant, and that the fall could have done something.

Pete looked up at her again and suddenly a tear up and broke the barrier of his eyelid and slowly slid down his cheek. Lexi could sense he was scared for her answer. His hands were shaking as he stared up at her again.

"Lexi...will you marry me?" he asked and Lexi let her eyes close for a moment as she asked herself about Pete.

When she opened her eyes again she locked eyes with Pete and felt her heart kicking her ribs, threatening to break her skin and run away.

Something told her that it was probably the same scenario with Pete and let a smile take over her lips.

She tugged on Pete's hand and he shakily stood his breathing just as shallow. Lexi bit her lip and she nodded slowly.

"I'll marry you Pete," she whispered and slowly watched as Pete breathed out and as quickly as possible placed the ring on her finger, before letting the dorkiest, hugest possible smile devour his face.

He slid his hands under her arms and slowly picked her up, holding her in the air for only a moment before he pulled Lexi close and swung her around in a circle a couple of times.

The crowd's cheers filled their ears and Lexi pulled back as soon as her feet touched the ground to see tears falling from, in her eyes, the most beautiful eyes in the world. She found herself crying and wiped his away as he did the same to her and held her close again and kissed her right below the ear.

"You my everything Lex," he whispered and pulled back, staring in her eyes. Lexi looked at him and nodded.

"I love you Pete," she whispered and it was all Pete needed to hear before placing his lips on hers and making the crowd grow even louder, Pete leaning Lexi back ever so slightly and deepening the kiss.

He pulled back not a moment later and saw the sparkle in Lexi's eyes.

"You really are just like heaven..."
Sign up to rate and review this story