Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Love Will Tear Us Apart

Promise Me

by moocow 6 reviews

I want to tell you that you're probobly going to hate me. But this will make you hate me more. Next one is the last one. Now, think about that, peeps.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-23 - Updated: 2006-10-23 - 1337 words

0Unrated
Lexi blinked up at the ceiling as she slept that night, Pete right next to her, well, more on her than anything as he snuggled into her chest, his cheek in contact with her collarbone and hair tickling her throat. She took a deep breath and ran her hand over his back, blinking more.

The only things that flashed through her mind were everything from what was happening tomorrow and what had been happening the last month. It was December now, and Lexi was just about a month into her pregnancy, making Pete glow with happiness every time he saw her.

It made her smile, but also remember the lack of him last time she was pregnant.

So while she was enveloping invitations for the wedding, Pete was kneeling next to her, playing with her tummy that hadn't even started to really grow yet.

Lexi blinked again up at the ceiling and yawned deeply, looking down at Pete as he shifted lightly before his hand twitched at her side and he shifted, lifting his head up at looking at her.

"Have you been up all this time?" he asked and she nodded before smiling.

"I'm just thinking," she whispered and Pete smiled, resting his head on the pillow next to her, nose grazing the top of her ear.

"You nervous?" he asked and Lexi bit her lip before nodding.

"I'm nervous that I'm gonna rip that dress Aiden slaved over for me," Pete smirked in her ear and placed a hand over her stomach.

"You'll be fine, Lex. Just remember to breathe," Lexi sighed and turned her head to face Pete and blinked several times.

"I don't know if I can walk," she said and Pete rolled his eyes.

"Screw walking. I don't know if I can go all tomorrow with out seeing you," Lexi let the blush still take over her and pursed her lips together, not being able to think of a cheesy sweet nothing to say back.

"Pete. I'm more scared than nervous," Pete slightly frowned at her and played with the side of her cami.

"You do want this, right?" he asked and Lexi nodded, reassuring him.

"Pete, I love you...just...something feels missing, you know?" Pete nodded and kissed her forehead.

"Come on, let's sleep. We have a long day ahead of us," Lexi sighed as Pete rolled onto his back and yawned, closing his eyes again.

Lexi bit her lip and shifted her body over, snuggling into Pete's form and wrapping her arms around his torso and closing her eyes.

If only, if only...

----------

Lexi paced back and forth, taking in short, deep breaths as she heard many voices, maybe around the corner from the room she was in. Nerves were getting the best of her, and she was scared, scared of the unknown.

She licked her lips and glanced down at the dress that lied on the oversized ottoman. The door clicked and she turned to see Aiden holding a corset.

"Oh Jesus," Lexi muttered. Aiden smirked.

"Not even he can save you now, honey," Lexi smirked and let him wrap it around her strapless bra, securing it. Taking a deep breath in, Lexi felt the last string and smiled, gripping the wedding dress.

"I'm so nervous, Aiden..." Aiden shrugged, helping her get the zip up.

"It's normal for any bride to be nervous," Lexi gulped.

"Has everyone seated yet?" she asked and Aiden shook his head.

"Some are still arriving," Lexi sighed and Aiden looked at her. "Is something wrong?" he asked and Lexi shook her head, seeing another person sneaking in. Lexi smiled as Patrick snuck in, the jacket of his tux missing. She looked down at his converse and sighed.

"I still have to wear those damned heels," Aiden soon departed, and Patrick stuck around while Lexi started to slow down, eventually sitting down at her vanity chair and looking in the mirror while Patrick toyed with his tie.

"Are you feeling alright, Lex?" he asked. Lexi bit her lip.

"No," she admitted and Patrick blinked before widening his eyes.

"Oh no you don't. In half an hour you're going out there and marrying Pete, no matter what's going on through your head," Lexi frowned.

"Patrick, I'd think you'd understand..." she paused and played with her necklace. "I keep thinking about..." Patrick frowned, sitting next to her.

"The cheating thing, right?" Lexi nodded and Patrick let her rest against his shoulder.

"You seem to read me too well," Patrick patted her back and lifted her head up and smiled.

"Do you need me to get Pete?" he asked and Lexi bit her lip before nodding. Patrick moved to walk out when Lexi gripped his wrist and handed him a black bandana.

"Blindfold him...you know, groom can't see the bride," she laughed uneasily and Patrick kissed her forehead.

"You look absolutely beautiful...it would be a shame if nobody gets to see you," Lexi blinked and twisted her hands together before he disappeared. Lexi began to pace again until she heard some shuffling.

"Patrick, what the.../hey/," Lexi took a deep breath and watched as Patrick escorted him into the room, leaving again. Pete shifted.

"Lexi?" he called and Lexi took a slow step, cupping his face.

"Hi, Pete," she replied. Pete raised his hands to the blindfold, but Lexi stopped him.

"What?" he asked and Lexi laughed slightly.

"Ritual, Pete...the groom can't see the bride before the wedding," Pete raised an eyebrow over the black fabric.

"I though he couldn't talk to her either," Lexi shook her head, even though he couldn't see.

"Never mind that, Pete..." Pete took a deep breath.

"What brings me here?" he asked and Lexi bit her lip. "Lex?" Pete sounded more concerned as the silence went on.

"I'm sorry Pete," Lexi whispered and Pete furrowed his eyebrows together.

"What for?" he asked and Lexi hushed him, kissing him ever-so lightly.

"I'm sorry I'm getting worried...I almost..." Pete didn't let her continue.

"You were going to leave?" he asked and Lexi remained quiet. "Why, Lex?" he asked and Lexi blinked, remembering again.

"I...I don't know if I can trust you without putting a leash around you're throat..." Pete knitted his eyebrows together again and raised his hands to the blindfold again. Lexi rushed to grab his hands and brought them back down, struggling against his strength.

"Lexi...why are you doing this now?" his voice cracked at the end and Lexi looked down at their hands.

"It's better now than later..." she whispered, widening her eyes at her own words. Pete made a sound, almost like he was crying out at the fact his heart was falling again, thousands of rusty safety pins and needles poking him in the chest.

"Lexi..." he called, and gripped onto her hands. He respected the blindfold decision, but had to see her. He felt her hands disappear before they came in contact with his face.

"You have to know I love you, Pete," Pete hitched his breath and pursed his lips together.

"I love you too, Lexi," he wanted to be strong, but then again, he didn't want this at all.

Lexi kissed him and he felt her presence disappear. She walked out into the hall and saw Patrick moving towards her.

"Lexi! Wait...what's happening?"

Lexi shook her head and bunched her hands at the side of her dress and picked it up, running like the wind in the two inch heels. People that scattered the front of the church turned to watch, obviously realizing the woman running was the bride.

Lexi didn't care and found the driver of the limo, coaxing him into driving her somewhere. She looked back out the window and closed her eyes sight, seeing Pete and Patrick, and pretty much everybody she cared for on the steps, running about and searching. Lexi looked back at her lap and began to tear up, the little crystal droplets hitting her lap.

She had made a rational mistake.
Sign up to rate and review this story