Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > I Remember

Somebody Told Me

by cassandra 5 reviews

Julius gets a wise talk from someone close to him.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-21 - Updated: 2006-10-21 - 445 words

2Ambiance
"Oh hi, Al. I was just...um... I got to go." Julius got up and quickly walked past Al. He walked outside and saw Delilah fencing with someone else, a ways ahead of him. Even with the mask on, he could tell it was Delilah because of her moves and obvious superiority over her opponent, but he couldn't tell who she was facing.

She was so graceful. Julius stood were he was and watched her. In one swift movement she jabbed her opponent. Her opponent took off his mask, it was Nosey. Julius heard Nosey say, "It's no fun fencing with you. You always win."

Delilah said, "Please practice with me. Julius isn't feeling well and I want to get some practice."
Julius didn't hear what Nosey said, but he must have said, yes, because he put his mask back on and they started to fence again.

Julius shuddered when a hand feel on his shoulder. He quickly turned around to see Scarlett. "Oh hi, Scarlett."

"I thought you weren't feeling well."

Julius started to walk inside, with Scarlett right beside him. "I thought you were at some tech place."

"I was, but it didn't take long. So are you sick or have you just been thinking too much?" Scarlett already knew the answer.

"The second one." They walked into the kitchen. They both sat down on a stool.

"You want to talk about it?"

"No not really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Scarlett was getting up when Julius started, "Well there's this girl."

"Obviously."

"What?"

"Continue, Julius."

Julius took a deep breath before he continued, "Well I really like this girl... but I'm not sure if she likes me that way."

Scarlett already knew who he was talking about, "It's funny that you two are the only ones who don't know."

"What don't I know?"

"Forget it. Did you ask her out?"

"Yes... No... Well kind of...No not really."

"Well then ask her out."

"What if she rejects me?"

"She won't."

"What if she does?"

"If by some chance she does, then just remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

"But it would kill me... well on the inside."

"You'll never know if you don't try and think abut it, would you rather find out for sure or go your whole life without knowing?"

That stuck with Julius, He would die if Delilah didn't love him back, but if he didn't ask her then he would always be wondering. What if? And that can be a very dangerous thing to think about. "Thanks, Scarlett. I'll see you around."

Scarlett got up and left Julius alone, to think about what she had said.
Sign up to rate and review this story