Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Between your smiles & Regrets

You can't say you don't care.

by burnbaby_xburn 2 reviews

Do you love me?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-10-22 - Updated: 2006-10-22 - 1334 words

0Unrated

Patricks Point of View:

It had only been two days since we had been back in Chicago as a group. I hadn't seen much of Pete since the last time I talked to Kate. She hadn't called me much, only a couple text messages here and there, of course only when I make the first attempt usually always asking her if she was still alive. I'd recieve a simple message like 'yep, xo.' back but that was it. I couldn't help but feel as if I was losing my best friend to all of this drama but of course I couldn't do anything to make the situation better. I shifted in my seat next to Andy. We were at his apartment just hanging out. There was an interview on television on MTV and I started to shake my head. It was a couple of the guys from Avenged Sevenfold. M.Shadows and Synister were on MTV doing an interview to promote their latest album. I never really met those guys for more than a couple of minutes, considering the fact that one of my best friends did not get along with one of their band members. I decided that it probably would have been for the better if I kept my distance from them.

I felt myself growing more angry as each second ticked by. This interview kept my mind wandering from situation to situation, like maybe Kate was backstage when this interview was being filmed and that the whole time she was ignoring me. I didn't do anything to that girl, I always treated her like gold and to think that perhaps she was not only ignoring Pete, which is acceptable, but also ignoring me, made me mad. I ran a hand over my face and crossed my arms over my chest. Sinking back further into the couch, I watched as my cell phone started ringing on the coffee table. Andy grabbed it and tossed it on my lap.

"Dude, don't even act like you don't want to talk to her." I scrunched up my face knowing that he was right. I flipped open the phone and pressed talk.
"Heyyyyyy." I put on my happy voice, I started to feel a little bit guilty for thinking that she had forgotten all about me.
"Hey Patty, I miss you!" Her voice was extremely happy to hear me. I smiled forgetting what I was thinking about earlier, "I'm so sorry that I haven't called I've been so busy. Don't hate me."

I laughed. I was so retarded for even thinking that she could forget about me. I mentally slapped myself and went back to feeling normal about her again. I somewhat watched as Andy flipped through the channels on television. I stopped when I saw the entertainment channel flash accross the screen with something I wish I would have never saw. I should have kept my mouth shut but I wasn't thinking and my tounge was moving faster than I was thinking.

"Busy hanging out with Zacky and being too busy to call me to even let me know that you're alive?" There was silence on the other end.
"What are you talking about Pat?"
I sneered, "You and your loverboy are all over the television Kate, I mean, I'm not trying to be a jerk but in all honesty, you and Pete have only been done and over with for a couple days. I'm not advocating for what he did but at the same time I'm still his friend as I am yours." I got up off the couch and walked up the stairs to Andy's second floor. "I love you, you know, but is that what you want? I want what's best for you." I sat down on the counter in one of the upstairs bathrooms. I crossed my feet and swung them back and forth.
"I love you too Pat, but Zack and I aren't together." I could tell she was sitting there biting her lip, that's what she did.
"You were on the Enterntainment channel with him, there was pictures of you and him in the park together being all, y'know, couple-ish." I laughed a bit and I heard her smile.
"Shut up Patrick!"
"Hey noww, be nice." I laughed, "What are you doing tonight?"
"Um, well I was thinking about going to hang out with my two best friends in the whole wide world." I heard water start running and music started playing in the background.
"Me and Andy?!" I said a little more excitidly then I probably had wanted it to come out.
"No, Ben and Jerry. Duh!" I smiled into the phone.
"You're such a jerk you know, you go and get me all excited for nothing. But seriously, when am I going to see you agian? I really miss our sleepovers."

There was silence on the other end and I waited, I could tell she was still there because I heard some banging around in the background. I could tell it was going to be an awkward subject about when we finally decided to bring up the fact that she hadn't come and visited any of us since the incident with Pete. I couldn't blame her for not wanting to see Pete because the situation itself was something that wouldn't be acceptable in my books either if I were in her position and the tables were reversed. I really did miss her friendship though and the fun that we always had when we were together.

"I don't know Pat.." I heard her sigh, "I don't know if I'm ready to come back yet Pat. It's going to hurt a little bit and I'm not completely ready for that. I'm not over P.. Im not over him." She hesitated when talking about him and I didn't blame her nor was I going to force her into anything either.
"I miss you."
"Oh Patty, I miss you more then you'll ever know, but I can't right now. There's too much going on and I know that the minute I step back into Willmette, everyone will know, and I don't think I want him to know."
"Please, come over. Just for a few days, there's a break in the tour and we miss you so much. No one will know, it's not that I want to keep it from him, but as I said, I am your friend and I think it's only fair that if I am going to stand up for him that I stand up for you too."
There was another break in the conversation.
"When?"
"Fly out tomorrow, I dare you." I had an ear to ear grin on my face.
"I hate you, you know that." She was smiling and I could tell that she was genuinely happy.
"Call me when you get to the airport babe, I can't wait!"
"I'll leave probably on an early morning flight, I'll be there probably around two, three at the latest. But I'm gonna go Pat, I've gotta pack and have a shower. Love you."


I heard her hang up the phone and I hopped off of the bathroom counter and bounced down the stairs to the living room. The television was still on and Andy wasn't in the living room anymore. I walked out to the kitchen yelling his name in a sing-song voice. He was standing in the kitchen up against the counter with the phone up to his ear. He hung up the phone as I reached for the fridge and opened up a can of pop. Andy had hung up the phone and was looking at me like I had five heads on my shoulder.

"What?"
"What are you up to Patrick?" Andy started to smile at me because I looked like a grinning fool.
"Guess who's coming down!" I jumped ontop of the counter drinking some of my pop. Andy's face grew into a huge smile like mine.
"Pete is going to freak!"
Sign up to rate and review this story