Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

Let Go

by darks00 3 reviews

The first round is over! Who's going to be in the bottom three?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-22 - Updated: 2006-10-22 - 1126 words

3Exciting
Chapter 7: Let Go

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

Here we were again, in the back stage of "The Forgotten Bands" stage.

"So, everyone got it? We're singing "Let Go."" Megan reminded us.

I laughed. "Megan. I sincerely doubt we're going to make round two. We didn't even sing."

Kenny laughed. "Hey, we gave them one hell of a show!"

"Megan, do you know how to play the drums?" I asked her.

"A little bit, why?"

"Well...if we do make it into round two...could we please switch places?"

"What? You want to sing?"

"Well, I wrote that song, all by myself. It's how I feel about Kyle now. And I always believed that whoever writes it should sing it, for they know what it's all about. They can get the mood right. Besides, we practiced this song so many times I'm sure you can get the beat right."

"I guess for this one song I can play drums," Megan said, shrugging.

"I still doubt we're going to make this round, so I don't even know why we are even talking about it," Kenny said, shrugging.

"What are you guys talking about?" Asked Klaus, the new bass guitar player.

I told him all about Kyle, and all about last week when we played and messed up in the first round. Klaus gave a nervous laughter. Even though he was Kyle's brother, he was the opposite of him. He was a shy, timid boy. His nickname was "Dark Layne," for Layne was his last name and it was pronounced "lane".

Then it was time. For everyone to go on stage, sit under the spot light in the bench, waiting to see if you've been accepted. Accepted...I never been accepted all my life. I've only been rejected. We all went on stage, including Kyle. He went to sit with his new band, "Euthanasia". He gave me a mean look- I returned it. In my hands I had Uncle Georges drum sticks with me for good luck...My Sanctuary needed it.

DJ was in front of us with his mic.

"Welcome back, My Forgotten Bands contestants," He welcomed. "Let's start."

"Fallen Angels," DJ said. "Let's talk about your band first. People said that they liked your lyrics very much, but felt you hadn't reached your full potential. And they voted...and decided you guys were...in!"

Everyone clapped.

"Theory, your band. The audience seemed to enjoy it. The audience voted...and they decided you guys were...I'm sorry, you guys are in the bottom three."

There was some disappointment sounds from the audience, as the Theory band went to enter stage, there heads dragging against the floor. I knew that was going to be us soon.

"Euthanasia. Everyone loved your boldness. And apparently, you have a new bass guitarist, named Kyle Layne." -My fist began to curl up, till Megan pulled it down- "And they voted, and decided you guys are in!"

People were clapping, making me wish I could make them shut up.

"My Sanctuary," -My eyes widened with anticipation- "You had one heck of a performance. But, what we did hear, we did like. The audience voted, and said..."

All of us closed our eyes, and held each others hands. We were shaking with excitement.

"You guys...I'm sorry..."

I fell down. No. We didn't make it.

But then, DJ looked up and smiled. "I'm joking, I'm teasing you. You guys are in! They loved your style, and they loved your show so much, they want you back! We wish you guys, and your new bass guitarist, Dark Layne, best of luck!"

I couldn't believe my ears. Was I deaf? Did I hear wrong? OH MY GOD, no! People were actually cheering for us! US! Kenny then stood up, and yelled on the top of his lungs,

"OH MY GOD, THANK YOU GUYS! WE LOVE YOU!"

Everyone started to laugh, and I had to pull Kenny down. Klaus was giving Megan, Kenny and me high fives, congratulating us, DJ kept on talking about the other bands, but I was in my own world. I couldn't believe it! In the end, Theory, Halos and Chained were in the bottom three.

After suspense of DJ making it dramatic, the Halos were voted out. They were crying, and I felt so bad for them. After that, My Sanctuary was the first band up. It felt weird, going up to the mic. I held the mic for dear life. Everyone took their positions.

"Thank you so much, guys, on the behave of My Sanctuary," I said, smiling. "Now, Darkness' Illusion is usually the singer for the band, but the following song I wrote by myself. I know what it's all about, so Darkness' Illusion was nice enough to let me sing for this one."

I turned my head in nervousness, and I saw Kyle, standing behind the curtains of the stage. He glared at me, which made me nervous. My eyes filled with anger. I returned to the mike.

"I would like to dedicate this song to our old bass guitarist, Kyle Layne, AKA Dice." I said softly. "He's no longer in our band, so, Kyle, this songs for you."

I turned my head again to look at Kyle. He looked confused and surprised. I closed my eyes as I began to sing.

Stay low
There's not much lower you can go
All I wanted to say
was I don't need you anyways

Let go of me
Let me be
and I'll let go of you
Leave me alone whatever you do
Let go, let go
Let go, let go

Saying good bye is so hard to say
but you always needed your way
I wanted you to know
I'm about to let you go

Let go of me
Let me be
And I'll let go of you
Leave me alone whatever you do
Let go, let go
Let go, let go

I see you in the distance there
Why do I even care?
You're just a memory now
Nothing but a put down

Let go of me
Just let me be
And I'll let go of you
Leave me alone whatever you do
Let go, let go
Let go, let go

I'm letting go of you

I turned my head again to look at Kyle. He looked pissed. He just shook his head, and walked away. I smiled as the crowd applause for us. It felt so good to belong somewhere. Then, as the band left, we heard DJ say,

"Good job, My Sanctuary. Nice new twist with a new bass guitarist and switching singer and drummer. Powerful stuff.If you want to vote for My Sanctuary, go on forgottenbands.ca or text "forgottenbands" to 223344."

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story