Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

Peer Pressure

by darks00 3 reviews

(Round 3)Peer Pressure gets to both Joey and Kenny.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 1630 words

1Exciting

Chapter 9: Peer Pressure

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

It's amazing how much power one person can have over one's life. Just with words and actions alone, a person can build another person up, or they could destroy them. Maybe that's why Klaus is so unconfident. He's abused by his father. But I guess it's how you look at it- like Kyle. He's also been abused, but he takes it in differently then his younger brother Klaus. Putting those thoughts aside, I had to remind myself our band was behind the Forgotten Bands stage. I found Kyle, alone in the corner, leaning against the wall. Megan, Kenny and Klaus were getting ready for our show in the blue room. For drums, you don't have to get ready. When Kyle saw me, he came up to me. He put his hands on my biceps and slammed me against the wall...hard.

Everyone starred at us, but acted like nothing was happening. They made no attempt to help me. They just walked away. He was about to punch me in the face...but then stopped himself when he came near my face. He kept his fist in that position. Then, in a harsh whisper, he said,

"You leave Klaus, even though I'm so pissed off at him right now, alone!"

"What?"

"Why did you come into our house even though no one answered the door?"

"Because. Klaus was late for practice and we were worried about him."

"Leave him alone," Kyle repeated coldly. He put his fist down and put it back on my other biceps.

"You know what?" I said, anger in my eyes. "If it wasn't Megan, Kenny and me, the doctors said Klaus could have died from blood loss if he got there a moment later. Where the hell were you when this happened?"

"I was practicing with my band at Andy's house, what did you expect?"

"Hmph. You never seize to amaze me. Are you going to ditch them, too?"

Kyle pressed harder on my arms, making me cry out in pain. "I know you're only fourteen."

I froze. "I'm fifteen."

"Lair." He spat out. "I can see it in your eyes."

"How did you know?"

"I have my sources," He said, still not letting go of me.

"They'll never believe you," I replied.

"All I have to do is tell them you're only fourteen, and they'll ask for your birth certificate."

Now I was really frozen in time, couldn't move. I was frozen in fear. This could mean the end of my dream.

"I'm going to be fifteen in two weeks. Come on, let me be..."

"You're still only fourteen..."

"What do you want?"

"Well, I could ask you to leave the band...or, I can have more fun with you."

I glared at him. It was almost like a staring contest.

"It's revenge time," Kyle spat out. "For you guys in the band never appreciating me...for you accepting Klaus..."

"You never accepted us! This has nothing to do with acceptance!"

"Maybe it is..."

"What?"

"Do you want to be accepted in this contest?"

"...Yes."

"Look. I'll keep your little secret if you do one thing for me."

"And what is that?" I asked him.

Kyle showed me a six pack of beer hiding behind the curtains.

"Do you know Kenny's dad let him drink beer even though he's a minor?" Kyle asked.

"What do you want?" I snapped with impatience.

"Give this to Kenny."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because. I'm not giving a fifteen year old a beer. We're up in like fifteen minutes. I don't care if he drinks. But he has to be sober for the contest." I said with insecurity in my voice.

"Ok. I'm just going to DJ right now and tell him that..."

"DON'T!" I cried out.

"Then make him drink it." Kyle commanded.

"...fine."

Kyle then left with his ugly laugh. Would I really backstab a friend to save myself? I then saw Kenny coming towards me. I took a deep breath.

"Hey, Kenny, where's Megan and Klaus?" I asked him.

"Still practicing for the last ten minutes," Kenny replied.

"Kenny, do you like beer?"

"Woah, that was a random question. Why?"

I nodded my head towards the back curtain where the six pack of beer was hidden. Kenny's eyes widened.

"Want some?" I asked him.

"Nah, I don't think so. I don't want to mess up while playing," he replied.

"Don't worry. Just have a little bit."

"I guess you're right..."

It was torture, watching Kenny drinking that beer to save myself. And it was all because of me. Selfish, selfish me! By now Kenny already drank two beers. Holy crap, he's a fast drinker. Megan and Klaus soon joined us.

"What's on your shirt, Kenny?" Megan asked.

I looked at Kenny's once white shirt. Now it was soaked with beer.

"Oh, he just split some coffee on himself," I answered for him, forcing a fake laugh.

Kenny couldn't stop laughing himself. He could hardly stand up straight.

"Everyone in the Forgotten Bands Contest, please come out on stage now!" We heard DJ cry out.

We were out fast. We took our spots. In the end, it was Theory, Virtual Reality and Immortal Words in the bottom three-Theory was voted out. I felt bad for them. They were all hugging each other, apologizing for each other...being loyal friends. And I betrayed my loyalty to Kenny. We were the third band up. By now, Kenny still couldn't stop laughing. He could hardly hold up his guitar straight. Megan had to help him to the right position. Megan had the mic in her hand, so everyone could hear Kenny laughing his head off.

"You're sexy," Cried out Kenny, as he started to laugh. "Let me touch your face."

Megan backed off. "Kenny...are you ok?"

"Sure, babe, as soon as I find my cat..."

"Kenny, you don't have a cat..."

Kenny just continued to laugh. Everyone in the audience were laughing, too. Laughing at us. Laughing at my mistake to give into pressure.

"Is...Is he drunk?" Asked DJ.

No one responded. Then a empty beer can fell out of Kenny's shirt. I didn't even know he put an empty can in there. He fell to the ground, laughing.

"Someone get this kid off stage!" DJ cried out.

Security took Kenny off stage, with Kenny telling them "they were sexy" even though they were guys.

DJ then starred at Klaus, Megan and me.

"Did anyone give this kid beer?"

Everyone shook their head "no." How much longer do I have to lie?

"Um, can we just go without Kenny?" Megan asked.

DJ shrugged. "Why not? I guess I can over look it, but only this once. And I mean it for all bands, only this once. Everyone, for the second time, welcome My Sanctuary!"

Poor Kenny, was the only thing I thought as I picked up Uncle Georges drum sticks. What would my uncle think of me? A hypocrite? I never believed in giving into pressure...lying, and now what I'm doing? I'm backstabbing my best friend. Megan went to the mic.

"So, this is our next song," Began Megan. "This song is dedicated to a very special person. He or she wishes to be left un-named. But...this ones for you!"

I looked at Klaus, as he blushed. I winked at him. The song was about him, how he probably felt under his brother and father. Then we began with Klaus' guitar solo.

Do whatever you want to me
Set you anger free
I know I can take the pain
That is if I can remain sane

I've been used
I've been abused
Like I've never been before
My pleas to you; you still ignore
Now I'm going to tell you the damage you've done

You don't even treat me like a human being
You turn pain into a whole different meaning
I don't believe you when you say everything will be okay
Because I'm not sure if I'm going to see another day

You went too far this time
I almost lost this life of mine
Do you even care?
Now you have another sin to bare

I've been used
I've been abused
Like I've never been before
My pleas to you; you still ignore
Now I'm going to tell you the damage you've done

The pain that you caused, I just want to forget all about you
Will I ever understand why you do the things you do?
You refuse to answer the question 'why'
For you to understand, do I have to die?

I've been used
I've been abused
Like I've never been before
My pleas to you; you still ignore
Now I'm going to tell you the damage you've done

I've paid for your mistakes all of these years
Living in the shadows of my fears
I've cried so many tears
To this agony, is there any cures?

I've been used
I've been abused
Like I've never been before
My pleas to you you still ignore
Now I'm going to tell you the damage you've done



I looked back at Klaus, seeing his eyes get red. They were red from trying so hard not to cry. It was such a personal song that he and Megan wrote that it was hard for him. Maybe one day he'll heal from this pain. I just hope everything would be settled in court.


"That was pretty good, but weak since no guitar. But still alright. If you want to vote for My Sanctuary, go on forgottenbands.ca or text "forgottenbands" to 223344."

I still heard Kenny laughing in the background, talking about a cat he never had. Oh my God, what the hell have I done?!

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story