Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dying

Three to One

by cassandra 3 reviews

Julius is faced with a tough decision. There's actually a little story behind the title, but I won't bore you with it.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-24 - Updated: 2006-10-24 - 612 words

5Moving
Julius was faced with a tough decision, on one hand Delilah, the girl that he had confused his love to a mere week ago, was dying a few meters to his left. She had been stabbed. But on the other hand Al, Scarlett, and Nosey were slowly drowning in the swimming pool, around the corner, a few meters to his right.

With one arm Delilah reached out towards Julius, the other was clutching her chest, where she had been severely stabbed. Julius wanted to run towards and save her but, he knew that he had to save the others. 'If Delilah was in my place then she would save the others. It's three lives to one.' Julius ran around the corner to his right. He kept telling himself that, 'Delilah would understand."

Sadly she did not. Delilah didn't even know that the others were in trouble. She put her arm down as grief overwhelmed her. 'Why'd he leave me? I know he saw me. Does he not care for me as I care for him?' Delilah clutched her stomach with both arms as she coughed. Blood flew from her mouth as she did.

As Julius jumped into the pool and as Delilah laid on the cold hard ground, with her life pouring out of her, they both thought of last night. Last night was the first night that they had slept in the same bed. They didn't mean to, it just sort of happened. They were up late talking, about anything and everything, and they both feel asleep in Julius' bed. When Delilah woke up she found Julius' arms wrapped around her in a tight embrace, like he was protecting her from all of the worlds danger. She had felt safe, but right now she felt betrayed.

She knew that he couldn't do anything when Dismay had stabbed her, but now he had just ran away from her and left her to die, all alone, for no reason or so she thought.

Julius swam to the bottom of the pool. Scarlett and Al were conscious, but Nosey was not. All of their hands were tied tight behind their backs around a bar that was attached to the bottom of the pool. Al and Scarlett were struggling to get free. Julius went behind them and with ease he undid their ropes. Scarlett and Al immediately went to the surface for air and Julius put Nosey over his shoulder and swam to the top.

Julius put Nosey down for Al and Scarlett to take care of and ran back around the corner. He went to his left where Delilah was lying on the ground. He knelt down beside her and cradled her. "De I'm here, wake up."

Delilah's body temperature was low, but she was still alive, well for a little while. She clutched his wet shirt with one hand. Her eyes reminded closed as she parted her lips to say three words that would haunt Julius for the rest of his life, "You left me."

Julius froze up. He realized that he had left the person that he had sworn to protect with his life. Even though it was to save three other lives, he felt terrible. Julius was brought back to reality, when Delilah let go of his shirt and her arm fell onto herself. "I came back." Julius started to shack her a little, in hopes of getting a response from her, "But I came back." Julius' eyes began to water when he didn't get a response. His voice was barely over a whisper as he said for the last time, "I came back."

It was too late. She was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story