Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dying

Leaving

by cassandra 3 reviews

Thank you guys so much for the reviews at first I didn't think that this was a very good story.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 411 words

3Moving
Scarlett, Al, and Nosey came up behind Julius and tried to say some helpful words. Things like, I'm so very sorry and I know how much she meant to you. None of them helped.


A few days later, they had a nice funeral for her, at the academy. Julius tried to attended, but he ran out halfway though it. He just couldn't handle it.

That night after her funeral, when most of the agents were downstairs talking about what a great person she was, Julius was upstairs in his room, packing up his things. Right after she had died Julius knew that he was going to leave the academy. Everything here reminded him of her, and he couldn't take it.

It was hard to decide what to pack, since practically everything that he owned reminded him of Delilah. He only packed his clothes and after a long debate with himself, he decided to take one picture of him and Delilah. The picture was taken over three years ago, it was the day that they were assigned to be each others partner. Julius longed for that day. He longed to have Delilah in his arms, safe and out of harms way.

He took a deep breath and put the picture in his wallet, which he stuffed in his back pocket. He flung his backpack full of clothes over his shoulder and walked out of his room. He walked downstairs. He heard laughter coming from the kitchen, down the hall.

Julius didn't plan on telling anyone that he was leaving, but as he was walking to the front door he ran into Scarlett.

Scarlett looked at his backpack and said, "So, you're leaving?" By the tone of her voice, Julius could tell that she wasn't surprised.

"Yeah." The front doors were only a few meters past her.

"Julius, we all miss her, but running away is not the answer. Leaving won't make the pain go away."

Julius looked away from her. He knew that she was right. He would always feel guiltily about her death. "I made a promise to keep her safe. I broke it."

"Julius."

"What?"

Scarlett knew that it wasn't a very nice thing to say, but someone had to tell him, "You shouldn't make promises that you can't keep."

Without saying goodbye, Julius walked past her and out the front doors. Scarlett sighed as she walked to the kitchen to tell Al, that he was right, about Julius leaving.
Sign up to rate and review this story