Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Dying

I Came back

by cassandra 7 reviews

I think this is the end of my story. Yeah it is.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-26 - Updated: 2006-10-27 - 776 words

4Moving
2 years later


Two people were sitting in a car, that was parked in the parking lot of a cemetery.

One was a girl. She had long red hair and wore a dark blue dress that almost went to her feet. The other was a guy with blonde hair. He wore a forest green, button up shirt with black jeans and his name was of course, Julius.

Julius started to talk to the girl, "I can't believe that you convinced me to come here."

The girl had a sweet voice, "Councilor Adam said that you have to face your past before you can move on."

"I know what he said. I've been a member longer then you have."

"Only by five sessions and councilor Adam that said I'm coming along way better then you are and..."

Julius interrupted, "Let me guess, and that's why he told me to take you along?"

"No. I was going to say, and he doesn't think that I need the group anymore." Julius leaned over her and took a rose off of the dash board. "He told me to come along with you because he says that you need to be with people when you're hurt and feeling lonely. That's what the groups all about."

"I know what the group is about, Kate." They both got out of the car and walked into the cemetery. Julius walked along the main path. Kate got distracted and walked off to the side. She yelled for Julius to come to her. He did. "They have the same last name as you." She pointed to two headstones that were side by side.

"That's because they're my parents."

"I'm so sorry for your lost."

"I'm not here for them." Julius went back on the path and continued to walk. Kate followed him. They came to three headstones in a row, Julius stopped in front of the one on the far right.

Kate walked up behind Julius and asked, "What is this place?"

"It's where all of the academy agents are buried when they die."

Kate looked and saw that all three of the headstones had the same last name. She read out loud the name of the one that Julius was looking at, "Delilah Devonshire. Who's she?"

Julius reached into his back pocket for his wallet. He took out his only picture of Delilah and showed Kate.

"She's pretty."

"Yeah she sure was. She was the love of my life, my partner, sadly my girlfriend for only a week, and most importantly she was my best friend."

"Why only a week. Did she break up with you?"

"No, she died."

"Oh, right." Kate felt stupid for saying that. She eyed the other two headstones. Julius noticed.

"Her parents. Although if you dug up their graves you wouldn't fine any bodies." Kate didn't even bother to ask. "I'd like to be alone now."

"Councilor Adam said that you shouldn't be alone."

"Please Kate, I want to be alone."

"But councilor..."

"Kathryn!" Julius' voice was forceful.

"I'll go wait in the car." Kathryn walked back down the path.

Julius read the bottom of her headstone, 'She dies so that three others could live.' Julius felt dizzy. He sat down on top of her grave before he could fall. "She didn't have a choice." He started to pluck out the grass around himself. "The choice was mine."

Julius didn't know what to say. He sat there and played with the grass. Although he wasn't saying anything, he was thinking a lot. He thought about the day they meet and how they grew up together. He remembered the day that he asked her out. His voice squeaked when he had asked her because he was so nervous. He thought about the day that she died and the hard choice that he made. It was a hard choice and it hurt him so much, but he knew that if he could go back in time, he would do the same thing.

Julius realized that Adam was right. He did feel better. After thinking about his life and Delilah, he felt better, not great, but better. He was glad that he came here.

Julius picked up a stick and wrote something, in the dirt, right in front of her headstone. He took a deep breath in and sighed, he slowly stood up, and threw the stick away. He put the rose on top of her headstone and said, "I will always love you." and walked back down the path to his car.

If someone went to Delilah's grave, before it rained, they would see three words written in the dirt, 'I came back.'
Sign up to rate and review this story