Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Big Dreams and Forbidden Love

Why doesn't he love me anymore?

by thexrealxme 3 reviews

Andy is distant and Megan

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-26 - Updated: 2006-10-26 - 1382 words

0Unrated
The next day Megan was silent. Nobody had said anything to her, they were avoiding her and the uncomfortable situation. What do you say to someone when something like this happens? It will get better? That might be true, but it's a hard concept to come to terms with while you're actually going through something so awful. She got a lot of awkward sympathy smiles that made her stomach churn and a lot of phone calls. All day her phone was ringing and she didn't want to talk to anybody else. Her sister Katie was the only person she was willing to talk to over the phone. They barely spoke of the death. Megan didn't ask any questions, she didn't want to know details. She wasn't ready for them just yet. They talked over dates for the funeral and how they wanted to ceremony to be. She knew she wouldn't be able to fly out until the day of the actual funeral and she didn't even want to go.

"So... what's the deal?" Andy asked Megan when they finally settled back in at 'their' house.

Megan looked up over her cup of coffee. She looked drained. "Well, the funeral is Monday so I'll fly out Sunday night I guess. My father and sister are overwhelmed with funeral costs right now and can't afford to fly me out." She narrowered her eyes to the countertop.

"I'll buy you the ticket." He knew thats what she was getting at, even though she hated asking him for things. She never took advantage of the fact that her boyfriend WAS a rockstar and had money... she tried to ask him for little as possible.

"Thanks" She mumbled. "Wait, just me? Aren't you going to come?"

Andy scratched his head "Well babe, I would, I just have this interview to go to in New York, some MTV thing."

She nodded and looked back down "It's alright, I just could use someone to be there with me."

"You'll have your sister."

She shook her head "Yeah, but I wanted you to be there. With me."

He shuffled uneasily from side to side. Why was he acting like this? Andy normally would have been all about helping her and being there for her. Since when was the band and a stupid interview more important to him than supporting the 'love of his life'?

He didn't respond to what she said.

"When are you coming back? I just need to know for when I book you the flight."

She rolled her eyes and rested her chin on her hand.
"I dont know Andy." She snapped back. "I'm going to bed."

***********

The next morning Andy was up before she was. She walked downstairs into the kitchen where she heard Andy. She looked awful. She sat at the counter and Andy handed her a cup of coffee.

"Your sister called" Andy said as he kissed her gently on the top of the head.

"Alright, I'll call her back in a little bit. Right now I just want to sit here." She said in a raspy tone.

Andy took a seat on the stool next to her. "Megan - maybe its a good idea if you stay in South Carolina for a while with your family."

Megan looked at him shocked and angry. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"AAAAHH!" She screamed and hit the wall with her fists. "GOD DAMMIT ANDY!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT ME FUCKING LIVING HERE WITH YOU JUST TELL ME. I'M SORRY IF THIS RELATIONSHIP IS MAKING YOU UNCOMFORTABLE AND FOR THE PASSED FEW DAYS IT HAS BEEN SURE AS SHIT MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE. WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THIS?" She was screaming at him and he just sat there with his head down.
"WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SAY THINGS LIKE THIS NOW? WHAT DID I DO WRONG?" she was in tears sobbing against the wall.

He stood up and grabbed her wrists to control her and settle her down. "Megan ... MEGAN! Settle down please. Please. Listen to me..." He grabbed her face with his hands.

"I love you, i really do. And I'm sorry that I freaked when you mentioned the reality of us living together, I just didn't feel ready to hear it. And I'm sorry that that comment and situation had to land on the same day as everything else. I love you more than anything and you know that. This all is just happening so fast and I think it will be good for you to be with your family and for us to have a little break."

She gasped at the word 'break'
"You're breaking up with me? Now?"

"No no no no no!! Megan no! Not breaking up. I'm just saying that it'll be good for us to recollect our thoughts while we're both away."

She settled down "You're right. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to flip out. I'm so sorry." She didn't want to lose him.

He took her in his arms. Something was different and insincere about it. /Why doesn't he love me anymore?/. She wrapped her arms around his body and rested her head on his chest.

"I love you." He kissed her on the top of the head.

"I love you too."

She pulled away "Andy -- I don't get along well with my dad. I don't really want to stay in South Carolina, especially without my mom there. Do you understand?"

He took her hands in his "Yeah I understand. I'm sorry for suggesting it. How about if you stay until thursday? I have the interview on monday but they guys want to stay a few days and fly back Thursday. We can schedule our flights in around the same time."

Although she was still a little hurt that he wasn't going with her, she understood that they needed a little bit of space. They were together every second of every day pretty much since the beginning of their last tour (minus the few nights alone she spent with William Beckett.)

"Yeah, that sounds good. It will be nice, I havn't seen Katie or the kids in a while. I'm going to go call her back." She walked out of the kitchen and upstairs to the bedroom.

Katie was her older sister, but only by a few years. She already had 2 children and was happily married. Although they were different, she was the cookie cutter student (get good grades, get a great job, get married, have kids, be happy, etc...) and Megan was the more creative out of the box thinking type of student, they had always gotten along really well. She was kind of excited for the funeral in a sick sort of way and looking forward to seeing some of her family that she hadn't seen in years.

After telling her sister her flight plans and chatting for a little bit about what to bring and who all was coming, she curled up on the bed and fell asleep.

She woke up as she heard Andy open the door to the room. She didn't move, just layed there with her eyes closed. Listening.

He turned on the light and she heard him sigh and turn around and close the door.

He left. He was unhappy with her and she couldn't believe why he didn't understand. She didn't want to lose him, but she felt like he was already gone. She got up.

Timidly walking down the stairs, she heard CNN coming out of the tv in the living room.

"Uhm Andy..." She barely got out, afraid she would say it in a wrong way and make him mad.

"Yeahhh?"

"Can I join you?" She was in the hallway.

"Yeah come on in." She scooted close to him on the couch and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Im sorry for being a pain in the ass these passed few days." She didn't understand why she was actually apologizing, she just did even though deep down she knew he should have been the one to say sorry.

"Its cool." He continued to watch tv.

It's coooool? Thats all he says to me? She didn't ask anymore questions or say anything else. She just sat there with him, watching tv.
Sign up to rate and review this story