Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > So Take A Step

Chapter Four

by MusicxisxHearts 3 reviews

My mouth is still numb from the dentist's.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-27 - Updated: 2006-10-27 - 652 words

1Original
"Oh my gosh! No you didn't!" Miranda practically screamed when I told her about the interview with Pete.
"Miranda, some people here are actually trying to work," I couldn't believe Zack had let her into the warehouse/office.
Miranda looked over the wall of my cubicle into Adam's. "And some people are just spinning around in their chairs."
I rolled my eyes, and elbowed Miranda. I mouthed the words, "Go talk to him!" to her. Miranda smiled sweetly and left my cubicle. I turned back to my computer, opened up a word document, and randomly began typing. I wasn't about to get caught listening in on their conversation.
The sound of a door opening and closing let me know someone had just signed on to IM. I closed out of the word document that was a bunch of random words and letters, and checked my buddy list. Sure enough, PeterPan was on it. I smiled a little to myself, and then sat back in my chair. I'm not good at starting conversations. I'll just see what he has to say.

PeterPan: you there?
MusicforLife: where else would i be?
PeterPan: just stating the obvious
MusicforLife: i forgot to say thanks for taking time out of your busy life to chat with Graphic noise
PeterPan: no problem
PeterPan: so, where are you at exactly?
MusicforLife: a rundown old warehouse building converted into the office and printing place for graphic noise
PeterPan: graffiti's coming to mind
MusicforLife: yeah, zack purposely looks for people to come and graffiti our building, it looks more punk that way
PeterPan: don't you have work to do?
MusicforLife: do you want to talk to me or not?
PeterPan: i don't want to get you in trouble
MusicforLife: don't worry, it's only me, adam, and miranda here
MusicforLife: they won't tell
PeterPan: adam and miranda?
MusicforLife: the photographer and my best friend, who doesn't even work here
PeterPan: wait a minute
PeterPan: miranda was the name of the girl who mentioned graphic noise at the concert
MusicforLife: yep
PeterPan: and you must be the girl who ditched
MusicforLife: thanks, that makes me feel a whole lot better

There was a pause in our conversation for the first time. I can't believe how easy it is to talk to him.

PeterPan: sorry
PeterPan: i think i know what you look like

I bit my lip. Oh great, so he was staring at me.

MusicforLife: ok
PeterPan: so can i have a reference to make sure it was you?

I sucked in a big breath of air. Great, just perfect. Time to bale.

MusicforLife: i gotta go, adam needs me to help him with the pictures for one of my band interviews
PeterPan: oh, ok

I signed off of IM, blushing even though I knew Pete couldn't see me. Smooth Rory, real smooth. I sighed and turned off my laptop.
"You were talking to him!" Miranda made me jump a mile out of my skin.
"Are you trying to kill me?!" I started blushing when I realized that Adam was standing next to her. "Um..."
Adam gave me his usual goofy smile and Miranda laughed, shaking her head.
"I can't believe you were talking to him!" she said again.
"And he asked you for a picture," Adam cocked his head and smirked.
I opened my mouth, then shut it again. I probably looked like a total idiot. No, let me rephrase that, I know I looked like a total idiot. "Were you reading my conversation?" I finally forced the words out, trying to put on a brave face.
"Heck yeah," Adam said.
I could feel my face burning crimson and Miranda rolled her eyes, "Don't worry. We won't say a word."
"You still coming to the UnderRated concert tomorrow?" Adam asked, handing me a flyer with the venue information.
I nodded, "Are you coming Miranda?"
"Where else would I be?" Miranda smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story