Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Good To Go

I Hope the Summer Sun Burns You Alive

by moocow 12 reviews

i still wish i had patrick dressed in a sailor suit.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 2074 words

1Moving
I sat there at the vanity, watching Izzy pace across her room.

"I can't believe I'm graduating. For goodness sakes," I smiled.

"I can't believe I'm acting like your guys parents," I joked. Izzy smiled and sat across from me on her bed.

"Isn't Andy coming?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, he'll be here soon," Izzy sighed and walked towards me before reaching behind me and picking a necklace up. I smiled, recognizing it.

"Who gave that to you?" I asked innocently. Izzy smiled, blushing slightly.

"Well, Patrick kind of did...but," I smiled.

"I know," Izzy sighed as she put it on.

"Can you believe that they are leaving us here all summer," I frowned.

You see, the boys had started to gain popularity with their band, recently named Fall Out Boy, and now- they even saved up enough money to go ahead and do a summer tour. It broke mine and Izzy's heart to see them go, but...we had our own plans.

"I'm trying to think that it won't be so bad," I said and Izzy smiled.

"Is that what you're wearing to our graduation?" she asked, pointing at my dress.

I nodded and played with the tie that wrapped around the waist and tied in the back. It was a simple dark blue dress with a black waist tie, and I thought it was perfect to show up in for Patrick, Joe and Izzy's graduation.

"Yeah. I like it," Izzy smiled.

"Pete will too," I glared at her.

"That's rough territory, Iz. I don't think you want to go off-roading there," Izzy bit her lip.

"Why do not like the fact that Pete likes you?" she asked and I sighed, closing my eyes tightly.

"Because I don't like /him/," I said and Izzy nodded.

"Alright. I'll leave you alone then," I sighed and followed her out and into the living room where Andy smiled and waved. Izzy gripped her bag and smiled.

"I'm off to my parents, but...I'll see you guys there, ok?" she asked and I nodded.

I didn't really know why I was already to go, my heels on and everything. It was just out of boredom that I got ready and I actually wanted to know what it looked like. I fiddled with the waist tie before an arm slid around my waist.

"You look fine," I smiled and brushed my bangs out of my face.

It seemed that no matter how long we'd been together, Andy still knew how to make me blush. I bit my lip and fumbled more with the tie before walking over to the door and locking it.

What can I say?

I'm a paranoid freak.

"What's the matter?" Andy asked. I hummed.

"Huh?" I asked, looking up. He smiled awkwardly.

"You seem...off," I frowned.

"That's because I am," I mumbled and walked from the front door to the couch where I sat there, looking up at him standing by the archway of hallway.

"Every time I see that pout, it freaks me out," I bit my lip as he crossed the room and sat next to me, taking my hand.

"I'm s..." Andy shook his head.

"Don't," he said sharply. I pursed my lips together. "What's worrying that pretty head of yours?" he asked and brushed the hair away from my face. I smiled lightly.

"I...I'm just kinda scared of what it's going to be like without you guys being around all summer. I mean..." I paused but couldn't find anything else to say.

"You still have tonight and tomorrow. We don't leave until tomorrow afternoon," I shrugged.

"I know, but...it just feels weird. I'm too emotionally attached to you guys," Andy smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Just...live it up for right now, alright?" he paused to look at the clock. "Come on, we better head out," he patted my knee and I smiled, standing and taking a breath.

----------

I sat there on the front steps of Pete's house, sunglasses shielding my eyes from the bright sun. My knees were up slightly while I sat there, just watching as the guys packed the white van up for the trip across country.

The door opened behind me and I glanced to my left to see a pair of converse before they shifted and a body fell next to me, sitting in the same way. I bit my lip.

"Hey," I breathed. Pete blinked.

"Hi," I couldn't read his tone.

"You looking forward to it?" I asked. Pete stared straight ahead.

"I guess," he mumbled. I sighed and looked back down at my shoes.

"Anybody you're gonna miss?" I asked and heard him smirk lightly.

"What do you think?" he asked and I looked down.

"I didn't mean it like that, Pete," I whispered. He sighed.

"Of course you didn't. Just like when you said you tell me when you figured out if you had feeling for me," I bit my lip and turned my head towards him.

"That's harsh," I mumbled and he turned his head to stare at me.

"Yeah, well the way I found out was too," I bit my lip and we just stared at each other for a while.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. Pete shook his head briefly before turning and staring ahead again.

"Saying sorry is over-rated," I swallowed.

"So are boys like you," Pete shrugged.

"I don't mind," I blinked hard.

"You so complicated, Pete," Pete sighed, glancing over at me.

"Well, I don't blame you for being /you/," I rolled my eyes, looking away.

"I just don't get it," I whispered to myself. Pete shook his head.

"You never will, Ev," I glared at his profile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. Pete looked as though he was contemplating what to tell me. A few moments past and he just sighed, defeated. "Pete?" I asked and Pete shook his head.

"I can't tell you anything that you don't already know," I bit my lip.

"I still don't understand you," I whispered. Pete parted his lips. I knew that look and I wasn't about to let him remind me.

"I love..." I shook my head, stopping him.

"Save your breath," Pete blinked and lowered his head. I stood up and looked down at him. "I'll still miss you Pete, but it'll be hard to remember the good things," Pete didn't answer me. I walked down the pathway until I bumped into Joe who smiled sadly.

"I wish you girls could come," I looked around.

"Where's Izzy?" I asked. Joe bit his lip.

"She didn't show up. But she said her goodbyes at graduation," I looked over at Patrick who was putting his guitar case in the trunk.

"What about Patrick?" I asked. Joe sighed, shaking his head.

"She...well, they didn't really say bye to each other. I know they wanted to, but," I sighed and shut him up by wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing him into a hug that he happily returned.

"Take care of Patrick, alright?" I asked and Joe nodded into my shoulder.

"Take care of Izzy then," I smiled and nodded back.

"Promise," I whispered. Joe held up his pinky as we pulled apart and we linked pinkies.

I squished his hair and found Patrick looking over nervously. I excused myself and slid over to him where I smiled, feeling tears already.

"Patrick," he attempted a smile, which ended him up in pushing his hat down further and opening his arms for a hug. I leaned against him, rubbing his back until I heard a cough.

"If you wouldn't mind, I think I'd like to part ways with my girlfriend, you know," I smiled into Patrick shoulder and kissed his cheek.

"Take care of yourself, Patrick..." Patrick nodded and I turned to see Pete climbing into the driver's seat and starting up the van. Joe walked around Andy towards a camera case and I rolled my eyes.

"You guys are filming it?" I asked Andy and he nodded.

"It's gonna be pretty sweet," I smiled and bit my lip before standing on my tippy-toes to wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face in his shoulder.

"I didn't want to cry," I whispered as his arms wrapped around my waist before lifting me up for a moment.

"Then don't," he whispered. I bit my trembling lip and blinked hard as we pulled away. "Open your eyes, Ev," I slowly did so and let his thumbs run under my eyes, catching any tears that were to escape.

"I'm over dramatic when it comes to goodbyes," Andy smiled.

"But it's not like we're never going to see each other again," I smiled and nodded.

"It's only two and a half months," he nodded and cupped my face in his hands.

"Which is alright, right?" he asked and I nodded once before closing my eyes as he leaned in for one last kiss. I heard something behind me and smiled against Andy's lips.

"I think Joe's had enough with us kissing all the time," I whispered. Andy smirked.

"I gotta go," I nodded and let his hands slip out of mine as he got in the passenger seat.

I stood there at the driveway, watching as hands waved out the windows until it disappeared from my line of vision. I crossed my arms and took a deep breath before turning to see Mrs. Wentz smiling at me.

"Are you going to stay, darling?" she asked and I bit my lip before nodding.

----------

It was nice of her, to say the least to let me stay in her house while Pete wasn't there, but it was awkward for me when they asked about how I was and talked about Pete and I as if we were a couple over diner.

I was glad when I was dismissed.

I found myself walking up towards Pete's room and ended up sitting on the foot of his bed for a while until I moved my foot and it bumped against something. I raised an eyebrow and reached down, moving the skirt of the bed to reveal a shoebox.

My breath hitched as I brought it to my lap. It was kind of heavy. My eyes danced across the label and I turned it around to read it clearly.

Just in case if Evie loves me

What is with boys and their shoeboxes?

I contemplated whether or not to open it and did so. Most of it was lyrics, for rather sappy love songs and others were letters, addressed to me telling me very sweet things that I would have loved to hear.

But then it came to the knickknacks.

I figured that Pete had just picked up anything he thought was nice. A few were just funny pictures of us in cute frames, while others were actual real gifts. At the bottom of the box there was a smaller box and I opened it to reveal a small yellow lined paper.

It's not like I don't respect your opinion. Quick with lips, just rip me apart. Sometimes its times like this

I bit my lip and removed the paper to reveal a simple silver chained necklace with a small carton cow pendant, with diamond eyes. I felt even more horrible, if that was possible.

I took it out pulled it around my neck, the cool metal meeting my skin. I smiled and put the box away before falling back on the bed and staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't help myself but to think about what it would be like if Pete had made a move before I even met Andy.

But then again, things wouldn't be the way they were today if it wasn't for the way things went.

And hey, doesn't everything happen for a reason?

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment, trailing my hands down to rest on my stomach. When I opened my eyes I sighed and shook my head. Things wouldn't be too great if I was with Pete.

After all, I didn't love him.

Yeah right.

I knitted my eyebrows together. It was fact. I had told Patrick that, and without regretting it.

But then again...

You love Pete

I bit my lip and looked at the nightstand where there was a picture of the whole gang. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

I didn't love him.

Right?
Sign up to rate and review this story