Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Failure Is Not An Option

Control is a Beatiful Thing

by johnobon9 4 reviews

Harry and Fudge speak.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Fred, Fudge, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Ron - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 2114 words

4Boring
"Aurors! Leave the room!" Fudge Barked.

"But sir" The aurors tried to protest.

"No buts, he's chained to chair he has now wand, he's cooperating he's of no threat. Now LEAVE!" Fudge screamed.

The aurors reluctantly left without a word and Fudge turned to face Harry his demeanour noticeably different. "Excellent now here's what your going to do." Fudge started.

"No Fudge I'll tell you what I'm going to do, I'm going to get out and I'm gonna go hunt down death eaters. And then I'm going to tell what to do and your going to listen, that's the only way you'll stay Minister.

"What, what are you talking about I'm the one letting you out I set the conditions!" Fudge blustered.

"No Fudge you don't, because I can just go back to Azkaban and you'll be removed, I'll tell how to fight this war and you'll fight it the way I tell you to." Harry said in a cold voice.

"What can you possibly know about fighting a war! You're a 15 year old kid with a 4th year education!" Fudge said his voice portraying his disbelief.

"I'm not saying I'll tell you tactics and to attack the death eaters from the right flank or some shit like that, I'm telling you what to do to make the public feel safer and be safer and to make you look good and actually do something good, I'll tell you laws to pass and decisions to make and you'll be remembered as the man who the won the war." Harry said knowing very well that that's not what he'd be doing. He had a chance to control the ministry and make things very easy for himself to enact revenge and he'd be damned if he was going to miss it.

"I'm sure anything you can think up my advisors can think up!" Fudge said, his temper rising that this child thought he could tell him what to do.

Harry was getting angry that this idiot wasn't listening to him but kept his mask up and said "Yes maybe they could but they won't, they'll give you advice that will help them or hurt you, with you out of the way you could potentially become the Minister, They have their interests at heart while I have nothing but yours and the publics." Harry then screwed his face into an extremely righteous and angry looking face and said with as much passion as he could muster "You know I can't stand innocents getting hurt, it kills me when they do! If I could trade my life to save just one of them I would, you know I would." Harry finished this in a low voice and it took everything he had to not crack up laughing at how the Minister just ate it up. Like he gave a damn about the people who locked him away and believed the worst.

Like that Bitch Granger and that dog fucker Weasley.

That was the first thought about his former friends he'd had since he'd been released. He wasn't sure which of his friends thought him innocent but he knew it wasn't either of them seeing as though they testified that he was emotionally unstable. Oh well, it does no good to dwell on the past he thought, and they were most definitely the past.

Harry hadn't realised it but he had brooding for well over a minute and Fudge was staring at him. "You mean you still care for the people that locked you away and believed you an insane psycho." Fudge asked in an astonished voice.

Harry had to refrain from vomiting, it was Fudge who locked him away not the public, they just supported it. "The evidence was all there and I suppose no one wanted to believe Voldemort was back and people will believe what they want to believe." Harry silkily replied.
Fudge just stared at him and said "Very well I think we're done here, you'll be staying at the Ministry until you appear before the Wizengamot"

Harry couldn't be happier "Fine, and for your first act, which will be in the Daily Prophet after the one declaring my release you will let aurors take down death eaters by any means necessary including the unforgivable." He said in a voice that left absolutely no room for argument.

But argue he did. "Now see here I can't just go and do that Dumbledore would never have it"

"Dumbledore's opinion doesn't matter anymore, you will tell me any and everything he says to you, you will do it, is that clear or should I go back to my cell?" Harry said, he couldn't believe he was using him going back to Azkaban as leverage to control the ministry, but Fudge was on the defensive and he needed to make sure it stayed that way.

"Fine, but this better not do any" He was interrupted by a heavy sigh from Harry "This will nothing but good, if you do it before anything too major happens people will see you as proactive instead of reactive and that's exactly what we want. I'll be going to my room now, I'm sure that one of the aurors can take me there." and he left before the Minister had a chance to respond.

The Minister breathed in deeply and sat down in his chair and grabbed a bottle from Ogden's finest and took a heavy drink. He just couldn't understand how Harry changed from an insane, angry brooding maniac to an insane sad brooding maniac to a righteous and caring troubled soul to his new chief and only advisor. He decided to let the subject drop and think about it in the morning and raised the fire whisky to his lips, it had been a long day, he deserved it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry was sitting in his modestly furnished room eating a rather large treacle tart, reflecting back on his day he realized that this had been both the best and the worst day in his life. He almost couldn't believe it, he held more power over this war than Dumbledore did. He thought he handled that extremely well. But on the other side of the spectrum Sirius was dead, true he didn't know the man well but enjoyed every moment he was with him, well except perhaps the first time they met. Not to mention he would have been all he had left, no Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Lupin they all betrayed him. Lupin, that stupid werewolf would get his, you would think he would of learned after Sirius but I guess not. He just knew Sirius would have believed him, but he felt as though he still needed confirmation he'd have to ask.

Then there was Fudge, he wasn't sure what to do, his fate rested in his hands because he knew if Fudges popularity started to slip whether it be Harry's fault not he would be back in Azkaban faster than you could say Lenny. Ah Lenny, that's what he named the big dementor on the left side of his cell. He wanted Fudges head the most but knew he couldn't have it, he needed the control.

Dumbledore, well he wasn't sure about him, he didn't testify against him, or say anything for him for that matter, he did absolutely nothing and wasn't seen until after the trial by anyone.

Ron and Hermione, Harry swore loudly as he realized his mistake he would have to pretend he forgave them to keep people from thinking that he actually wanted to gut them all. And Hogwarts, what the hell was he supposed to do about that. Harry let the subject fall from his mind as he finished his treacle tart. He'd think about it in the morning. He lay down in his bed and his last thought how nice it was to sleep lying down before he drifted off into a peaceful sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HARRY POTTER RELEASED FROM AZKABAN July 4th 1996

Harry Potter has been released from Azkaban! His Major Treason charge has been dropped but he is still charged with the murder of Cedric Diggory and the use of an unforgivable. He will be on parole and will be making a public wizards oath on July 7th, what this will contain it is unknown but people are speculating that it will include not harming any one that is not in You-Know-Who's service. In a statement from the Minister he said "Harry Potter will be on strict Ministry watch and will swear an oath on his life and magic, he cannot and will not harm you and I for one feel much safer that he will be out protecting us from the forces of evil" For more on Harry Potter's release see pages 2,3,4,5,7,9,11,13.

Albus Dumbledore spit his porridge all over the head table upon reading the headline. He reached into his shirt and grabbed his order medallion and set a meeting for in an hour and headed off to Grimmauld place immediately, the Daily Prophet still held limply in his hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Albus arrived at Grimmauld Place was already in pandemonium. People were rushing about with the Daily Prophet and arguing loudly, the meeting wasn't due to start for another 45 minutes but seeing as everyone was here he thought he might as well start.

"Order, order, come on everyone I think that seeing how everyone is here we can start the meeting," Albus chuckled at his pun, no one ever really would understand him.

"I trust you've all seen the paper?" he asked as if though there could possibly be someone there who hadn't.

A murmur of assent passed across the room "Excellent, then lets get right down to business" the twinkle in his eye shining brighter than ever.

"We need Harry to trust us but we must not be overbearing, everyone I need you all to promise me that you will let Harry come to us." Dumbledore said gravely.

Chatter exploded throughout the room and didn't stop for a good five minutes when Bill Weasley piped up "Where's Harry going to go then?"

Everyone looked to Dumbledore waiting for his answer with rapt attention, Dumbledore put his hands together and answered "He's capable of taking care of himself, I will not force my hand."

There were cries of outrage and murmurs of assent throughout the room, Molly Weasley loudly crying that innocent little Harry needed a loving family. Moody smirked at this, didn't think he was so innocent before did she? Moody knew Dumbledore was letting Harry roam free for a reason but he didn't like the sounds of it. No he thought, he would go track him down, the boy was likely insane and it wouldn't do any good to have an insane super celebrity wandering around a war zone with a 4th year education.

The rest of the meeting passed by much in the same matter, Dumbledore saying something and Molly bitching about it, Arthur trying to calm her down and Snape making a snide remark. After the meeting was over and members started trickling out Dumbledore approached Ron, Hermione and Ginny, "May I speak with you three a moment?" They all of course agreed.

"When Harry returns to Hogwarts I will need you three to give him the space he needs but do not let him drift away to far. I will need your help especially Ginny, I think you can help him most. After all Potters and there redheads" The three children nodded there heads in affirmative and stayed in the room to discuss this between themselves.

"You reckon Harry will be barking mad?" Ron said casting furtive looks at the other two.
"Of course he won't, he so strong willed. He's a hero and those eyes, those emerald green eyes"

"O.K. Ginny going a little overboard there. Save that for when we need him to open up."

Hermione looked at the other two "Do you think he'll forgive us for testifying against him?"

" 'Course he will, he never could stay mad at us, besides we had no choice. Not to mention how much he owes us." Ron stated confidently.

Ginny nodded in affirmative and Hermione merely shook her head "Maybe, we'll have to see"

Meanwhile outside the door Fred George and Charlie shared similar disgusted looks.

A/N: Not a lot happening but things really start to pick up in the next 2 chapter and I promise some action by chapter 5. Hope to get the next one out in a week but it should be about double the length of this one. Thanks, all reviews are appreciated and I will respond now that I figured out how to do it.
Sign up to rate and review this story