Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Good To Go

Are You Planning On Saying You're Sorry?

by moocow 13 reviews

Don't think this is ending in that fucking cliche way. Let everything setle down. It's time to find out the truth.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 1560 words

2Moving
"Dad?" I called through the phone and heard him sigh.

"What is it darling?" he asked and I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Do you remember Pete?" I whispered and sat down at the breakfast nook.

"Of course, he seemed to like you a lot, Ev," I sighed again and opened my eyes.

"That's because he does. A lot actually," my dad smirked.

"Well, it's obvious he loves you...but what about that Andy fellow?" he asked and I gulped.

"I don't know what's going to happen, dad," I whispered and heard some shuffling.

"Honey, I have to go, but if you ever need to get away, you're always welcome home," I listened to him speak and let the phone slip from my hands as he said goodbye.

I placed my feet against the carpet again before walking back towards the bedroom, finding the moonlight slightly peeking in through the blinds. I smiled lightly and stepped over Pete's discarded jeans and t-shirt.

Don't get the wrong impression, we didn't do anything, I just figured he got uncomfortable during the night and did so.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and frowned slightly, observing his body curled up under the white sheet, his head poking out and hair lightly in his face. I brushed the strands away and closed my eyes before looking away.

"Do you want a cuddle?" I blinked several times before glancing back down at Pete who was lowering the blankets for me.

I shifted slightly and moved my legs to they ran down against his and rested my head near his on the pillow, our foreheads almost touching. A light smile appeared on his lips as his arm curled around my waist.

"Evie," he whispered and I glanced back at his face.

"What?" I asked in the same tone and he frowned slightly.

"I have to remember," he mumbled and skewed his mouth to one side. I sighed, closing my eyes.

"I love him for god's sake, Pete," I mumbled, hiding my hands in my face. I felt his arms tense up slightly before he sighed.

"Yeah, I figured...but..." I opened my eyes.

"But what?" I asked and he bit his lip.

"Never mind. I think you should go talk to Andy tomorrow and...figure something out," I bit my lip.

"Pete," I mumbled and he shook his head into the pillow.

"Listen to me Evie," I bit my lip, nodding. He searched my eyes and kissed my forehead. "Just...do it, ok. I didn't want it to happen like this," he whispered and I lowered my head before yawning again.

"Tomorrow," I said and locked eyes with him. "Promise," Pete bit his lip and sighed, fluttering his eyes closed. I knew what he was thinking, and I was thinking the same thing.

Why did I fall in love with somebody so complicated?

----------

I was standing in the café line, ignoring the fact I had promised Pete to talk to Andy. It had actually been a week, and I had avoided /everybody/. I sighed, smelling the fresh smells of vanilla and the wonders of coffee.

"You know, I don't think I'd ever be as lonely as I've felt these past weeks," I felt hands on my waist and I glanced over my shoulder before smiling, already feeling beaten.

"Hi Andy," I whispered. He bit his lip before kissing my cheek and glancing down at my arms.

"Do you think we can head back to my place or something?" he asked and I shrugged.

"I wouldn't mind, as long as you have food," I wanted to lighten the mood for god's sake. Andy flashed a smile.

"I've got Butterfingers," I smirked lightly and turned with him when he looked back towards the front door.

"You've got me," I whispered again and saw the slight pink tint to his cheeks.

"I know," he responded and led us out onto the sidewalk side by side.

I felt nervous again and sighed, dropping my head even more to look at my shoes. About halfway down the block, Andy's hand slipped into mine and as we stopped, waiting for a taxi, he intertwined our fingers.

I adjusted my hater top slightly and swallowed my nerves before following him into the Taxi and leaning my head against his shoulder.

"So..." I nervously said and Andy smirked.

"Is that all you got?" he asked and I bit my lip again, giving up for now. I stayed silent throughout the trip to his house and willingly followed him into the house.

"I have good news," he said right off the bat and I sat down on the couch, placing my hands on my knees. Andy smiled brightly, waiting for me to egg him on.

"Like what?" I asked. Andy plopped down next to me.

"I want to ask you something first," I took a sideways glance at him.

"Like what?" I whispered and Andy bit his lip before grasping my hand again.

"I want to know if you love Pete," I bit my lip and let my lips part slightly from shock. I gulped and found my voice.

"Um..." Andy knitted his eyebrows together. I sighed, closing my eyes. "I do Andy, but I haven't told him yet," I heard him let out a sigh.

"Why haven't you told him yet?" he asked in a whisper. I opened my eyes.

"Huh?" I asked and Andy skewed his mouth to one side.

"I mean...Ev, come on..." I blinked.

"Are you saying you want me with Pete?" I asked and Andy shrugged, pulling me closer a bit.

"I don't know anymore...I just think you'd make him a lot happier and...he'll be able to write a better record," I smiled, sighing.

"I guess, but I mean...wait, what record?" I pulled away from the hug and rested my hands on Andy's shoulders. "What haven't you told me?" I quickly asked. Andy smiled wide.

"We got a record deal?" even though it sounded as more of a question than a statement, I squealed in anticipation and gripped Andy's face for a heated kiss. He drew back.

"Evie. Seriously...I...it's not like I don't love you, cause I do...and it's going to take a while to get over it, but," I bit my lip.

"So...you're letting me go so Pete can take over," Andy shrugged.

"I mean...Pete just seems more in love with you," I nodded and leaned against him again.

"You're going to be my best friend, Andy," I whispered. Andy patted my back.

"I know," he sighed, pulling back again and pushing hair out of my face. "Listen, Pete's flying out tonight to get the apartment all nice and ready...meaning," he paused and looked at his watch. "You don't have a lot of time," I bit my lip and scrambled to my feet, finding my jacket.

"Um...so, ah," I stumbled over my words before shrugging and running out of the place.

I swear I had never rushed that fast before. As the sun started to go down, I sped up, even over-paying the Taxi driver as I found myself in front of Pete's house where he was already standing outside his house with two suitcases and his bass case. I bit my lip before walking up to him.

"What...what are you doing here?" he asked. I gulped.

"Listen, I talked to Andy and..." I didn't expect him to cut me off.

"My Taxi's going to be here in like five minutes, Ev," I bit my lip.

"Pete, it's important," Pete sighed.

"Andy told you about the record, right?" he asked and I nodded, feeling jittery.

"Yeah, and I'm so proud of you guys, but there's more important things," Pete smiled.

"I'm so excited to be working on a full length album, I mean...it's going to be so kick ass working with the guys," I bit my lip, knitting my eyebrows together in confusion.

Was he avoiding what I had to say?

"Pete," I said again and he glanced up to catch my eyes.

"What is it, Ev?" he asked and I noticed the more, laid back, cocky Pete from when I first met him. I bit my lip.

"I have to tell you something," Pete blinked, looking over my shoulder. "Andy and I kinda broke..."

"My ride's here," he said and moved to walk past me. I blinked at his profile and let it slip.

"I love you," he paused for at least a minute, his eyes glinting slightly and his breathing becoming shallow with what I could tell as fear. As time wore on, I realized something.

He wasn't going to say it back.

"I have to go," he whispered and turned his head slightly to catch my eyes slightly.

I wasn't going to cry in front of him. But then again I also thought that maybe this was all that he wanted. I turned as he walked past me again and over to the Taxi where he carelessly threw his things in the trunk before sliding in the back.

I took a deep breath and waited until the yellow car was gone before falling to my knees and taking in a deep breath. I looked down at the concrete while little wet spots sprinkled from my tears.

"God damn you, Peter Wentz,"
Sign up to rate and review this story