Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Ignorance is Bliss

Party Time Blues

by The_best_cliche 4 reviews

Just because you don't know what you're looking for, doesn't mean you can't find what you want. Short Joe Story!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-03 - Updated: 2006-11-03 - 2144 words

3Original
"So you're going to the party?" Pete questioned standing in his friend's bedroom doorway.

He nodded and took out two T-shirts. Not sure which one he should go with,realizing one was a Clandestine shirt he went with the other. It was blue and well, he always received compliments when he wore a blue shirt. Something about them accenting his eyes. He wasn't one to pay much attention to what people said but now he wished he had. "I told her I would try to teach her brother to play and he's getting the guitar today"

"yeah, that's cool and everything but her brother is what, thirteen-fourteen?" Pete judged from the information that he had been given while Joe went on about her. "so it's going to be you, her and like twenty pre-teens. Don't you think one of those kids are going to recognize you?"

Joe and Madilyn had gone out about three more times after their first date and each time they had more fun than the last. Nothing had been overly serious and all dates just led them to having a good time together. Though, neither really brought up the future of anything and they hadn't really learned much about the other. Joe knew that if he wanted more from this relationship, 'Fall Out Boy' would have to be brought up soon. It became apparent when during their last date she had mentioned his supposed band and if they had any shows planned. He just joked about if they did he would have less time for them and well neither one wanted that.

"I don't know. It's possible" Joe shrugged putting the T-shirt on and looking for his good sneakers. "If it happens then well, I'll tell her. If she really likes me then we can talk about it and hopefully figure out a way for us to work."

"And if she gets scared and doesn't want to see you again.?"

Joe looked at him sharply as he made his way into his bathroom "do you always have to be pessimistic?" finding a cologne he wanted to wear and putting it on sparingly. "if she doesn't want to see me again then, she doesn't want to see me again" he shrugged. He hoped that wasn't the outcome, Joe really had started to have feelings for Madilyn. He couldn't wait to spend time with her, or call her just to hear her voice. Getting close to her brother, was partly just because he wanted to have another reason to be around her.


"you couldn't just tell him five friends? You had to make it twenty?" cherise complained, as she brought the boxes of pizza into the party room.

"oh come on, they're 13 years old and they are in an arcade with unlimited playing privileges. They will not bother us at all." Madilyn shook her head smiling, putting the paper plates and napkins out. It wasn't time to eat just yet, but they would get it ready.

"Meaning they won't bother you and Joe.." a knowing smirk on her face. Her friend had been waiting almost impatiently for Joe to arrive.

Shaking her head, Madilyn walked away to get the drinks in hopes of hiding her blush. Joe said he would come and hopefully he would be there even though he was already a little late. Getting a case of 2lt. bottles of soda she made her way back in as she placed them on the tables. The nerves in her building up with the anticipation of him coming. This was the first time he would meet them. Madilyn didn't know if she wanted to explain the whole situation, and risk him ending what they had but, there was no guarantee he would even really question anything. Then there was Cherise. She was something to worry about. A firecracker waiting to say or do anything at anytime.

"MADDIEEE.." a rambunctious whining 8 year old came running in.

Looking down at her expectingly, she smiled "What's the matter sweetie?"

"Brian wont let me play the video game and he told me get away from him" Kaelyn huffed, folding her arms over her chest. She had quickly got over her 'hate' for her sister a while ago.

"Well, was he playing the game first? And then you tried taking it away?" she asked knowingly. "Kae.." Madilyn looked out "first of all, you should not be playing games with guns. You know better, and your brother is having fun with his friends. So why don't you and Tabitha just keep playing the other games. And I promise if you're good then I have a surprise for you later, okay?"

Smiling brightly, Kaelyn nodded, as she looked up confused. Madilyn saw her expression as she felt two hands rest on her waist. Turning around, a smile spread "Hi" she whispered inches from his face.

"Hi" Joe smiled, leaning forward and kissing her sweetly.

"ewww" Kaelyn complained, her eyes and nose squishing together. "Now you have boy germs!"

Laughing Madilyn looked down at Kaelyn and licked her lips "When you're my age boys don't have germs anymore" that was as far as an explanation as she would give right now. Joe still had his arms around her and she kind of kept her arm around him "Joe, I'd like you to meet my little sister, Kaelyn"

Smiling Joe knelt down to her level, putting out his hand for her to shake "Hii, I'm Joe"

Looking at him wearingly, then up to her sister, Kaelyn cautiously shook his hand "I still think you have boy germs" she took her hand back and wiped it on her shirt "yuck"

"KAE" Madilyn scolded, as Joe laughed and stood back up. "go play, I'm calling everyone for lunch soon."

Rolling her eyes she turned around and left. "she's cute" Joe turned to her and kissed her again. "here, these are for your brother "

"You didn't have to get him anything." Madilyn took the wrapped boxes from him.

"I wanted to" Joe explained taking her hand as they walked to the other side and put them on the small table with gifts. Their weren't many, seeing as it wasn't really expected. All the kids were graduating and this was just a celebration of that. "they'll help with the guitar"

Biting her lip lightly, she couldn't help but be all giddy and happy. Joe really had brought this new happiness to her. She looked forward to things more than she had. "thank you" Madilyn looked up at him, her hands resting against his chest, his holding her waist. "I am sure he'll love it"

Clearing her throat Cherise stood next to the new couple, her hands folded across her chest. She had been there at least a minute and neither had acknowledged her existence. "excuse me, Am I not worthy enough of an introduction?"

"honestly?" Madilyn grinned, turning to her friend resting her head against Joe.

"shut up" cherise shook her head.

"okay, okay, I'm sorry. Cherry this is Joe. We've been.."

Ignoring her friend Cherise put her hand forward "Yeah yeah, I know. I'm her best friend Cherise, and I need to thank you for finally giving her a life. Now, She needs a man to ya know,fulfill some .."

Blushing Madilyn pushed her friend. "Quiet Cherise!" she laughed. That is all she needed, her best friend to scare this guy away. "now go tell all the kids to come in for lunch."

"fine! Always make me do the dirty work" she turned around continuing to complain. "Just because you get a boyfriend, and now its.." Cherise was too far to be heard.

"don't mind her. Cherry tends to speak without thinking" She warned looking from her friend back up to Joe's gorgeous blue eyes. They had been so calming to look into. So full of hope and wonder. Madilyn had been instantly drawn into them, and had found herself falling weak. His honesty and sincerity shined through whenever they spoke about anything.

"WOO HOO! Pizza!" Madilyn's brother cheered, once he walked in and saw the many boxes that were on the tables. To him, this party was the best thing ever! Unlimited game play at an arcade with all of his friends from school, chips, soda and pizza!

Intertwining their hands, Maddie started to bring them closer to the table. The other kids starting to pile in. Cherise holding Kaelyn and Tabitha's hand. They were young and the older kids weren't the most considerate. Actually,preteens and young teens in general were simply obnoxious and naive, so it was just to prevent one of the kids from getting hurt. "Bri.. Brian!" she tried to get her brother's attention. Smiling as he turned to her, "this is.." she watched as his eyes grew wide.

"Joe!? Joe! Maddie I love you! HOW DID YOU GET HIM TO COME?" Brian stood up from his seat, dropping the slice of pizza he had been holding in his hand and hugging his sister.

Madilyn laughed hugging her brother "I love you too.. but how..?" she went to continue as her brother interrupted her.

"I can't believe this! Joe- the best guitarist from FALL OUT BOY IS HERE... at MY party!"

"what?" Madilyn became confused as she turned to look at Joe. Who seemed to be nervous. His eyes wide, and he was biting the side of his bottom lip.

Cherise had started to walk towards them, her eyes widening "Oh wow! Brian you're right!" she laughed gently hitting her friend's arm "Way to go Maddie!He is even better looking in person.. "

The other kids had started to stand up and circle around the group. All talking and whispering, taking out their camera phones and snapping away. "what are you guys talking about?" Madilyn shook her head turning to her brother and best friend. This wasn't making any sense. Why was everyone now making a big deal over the guy she was dating?

"Madd, your boyfriend, is the lead guitarist for Fall Out Boy"

"I know, he's in a band.." still not understanding the mayhem over this. She had a boyfriend, that didn't have to make headlines on tomorrow's paper. It wasn't like her dating this guy would ruin her ability to take care of Brian or Kaelyn.

"yeah, but his band is like a world-wide, main stream radio playing, teen loving band. " Cherise laughed. Sometimes her friend was completely clueless to the real world. I mean, it wasn't her fault seeing as she had so much responsibility and stress riding on her. "you know.. dance dancee we're fallin' apart to half time" she joked singing her of a line she knew her friend would know. The only thing Madilyn knew was what played on the radio as she drove.

"Are you teaching me to play guitar? Oh wow.. Maddie you did get it for me ? YES!" Brian exclaimed his excitement growing. No one could beat this!

"What?" Madilyn looked at Joe. She was looking for some kind of real explanation. "You said your band.." she was shaking her head. No, there was no way. They had spent so much time talking and hanging out together, he would have mentioned if his band was as big as everyone was saying they were. Joe would never have kept that from her.

"Madilyn, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you but when we met, you didn't know who I was, and I wanted you to really get to know me. Who I was and not, what I am..." Joe trailed off.

"No" Madilyn shook her head as she stepped away from Joe, letting his hand go.

"Maddie, I wanted to tell you I just.."

Putting her hands up and moving back she watched as the kids continued to take pictures. This was not what she needed. Maddie had enough things in her life to worry about, and was not looking to be lied to or for more publicity. People depended on her to be rational, and everything in her life was being watched with a microscope. This was just too much. "cherr... watch the kids" Madilyn took a deep breath. "I..I gotta go" Looking at Joe once more, she turned around and grabbed her bag off the table. How could she be so foolish and irresponsible? He lied to her, now what if this ruined everything? It would be all her fault. She would lose them. Kaelyn and Brian the only victims.






















Umm..So yeah, I know it took forever for me to update this story. I deeply apologize, but life has gotten quite chaotic and I've been a little preoccupied. So if you did read it,great and I hope you enjoyed it.
Like always, truly i would appreciate any type of comments or feedback you can give me. And i will always respond back! Thanks for reading! =)
Sign up to rate and review this story