Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Ignorance is Bliss

Final Heart wrenching decisions

by The_best_cliche 3 reviews

Just because you don't know what you're looking for, doesn't mean you can't find what you want. Short Joe Story!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-07 - Updated: 2006-11-08 - 2218 words

1Original
"You need to call him back" Cherise stated, as the answering machine clicked off from another message Joe left. It had been like this since the party, four days ago.

Madilyn shook her head "No, I really don't"

Rolling her eyes, Cherise got up and walked out of the entertainment room where her friend was on the couch wallowing in self pity and burying herself in work. It was disgusting to look at. Here was a guy, who liked her so much that he just wanted a chance to explain what happened. Joe wanted to take responsibility and make sure she was okay. Cherise loved her best friend, but she was totally irrational about this. Annoyed and upset, she walked back in not willing to let this go.

"There has to be something wrong with you" Cherise started, a hand on her hip as she stood in front of Madilyn. "You have never had a smile on your face brighter than it was when you were with Joe. Even the mention of his name, I know gives you those butterflies in your stomach. That could not have changed because you found out his band, which by the way you knew he was in, was a tad bigger than you expected."

"A tad bigger?" She scoffed "his band is not a tad bigger Cherise, it is platinum selling,world touring, millions of screaming fans bigger. That is a big deal. That I guess he conveniently forgot to mention."

"Yeah, just like you forgot to mention you have full custody of Kaelyn and Brian." she threw back in her face. "Don't you think that is a big deal?"

Pausing, Madilyn looked at her best friend. "Whether I told him or not, is not a big deal, Not anymore. Kaelyn and Brian are my responsibility, my only responsibility. What I do in my life affects them, for a brief moment in time I forgot that. It will not happen again"

Cherise knew that was kind of a slap in the face but Madilyn was not handling the situation like a mature, sensible woman. "I never knew getting into a relationship with a great guy, and maybe even potentially falling in love was considered a mental lapse in judgement." She took a deep breath. Pushing Madilyn into a corner would not make this situation any better, if anything it would provoke her convictions. "Don't you think Kae and Brian deserve to see what a real loving relationship looks like? If you want to be this perfect role model to them, show them you're happy and in love. So they can grow into adults that do the same. That is something they would never get with your mother."

"yes, I agree Cherise. Kaelyn and Brian do need to see that, and I do want to find a guy and fall in love.." Madilyn started but was immediately cut off.

"you did! Joe!"

"No!" Madilyn exasperated. "Joe cannot be that guy, okay? What I had with him is over"

"why?" Cherise put all of her weight onto one leg as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Joe is a great guy you said so yourself, and he has made you happy. I'm sorry Maddie I just do not understand why you wont be with him."

"Because he is in a band." she didn't know why Cherise had to push this subject so much. It was her life, her love life. Two parts that were not going to mesh so easily right now. That was just a sacrifice Madilyn had been willing to make. Not everything in life was easy. "He wont be around, and then there is that whole lifestyle. I cannot bring them around that. That is what I am fighting to keep them away from."Madilyn sighed exhaling deeply. "Kaelyn and Brian need stability, someone they can depend on. Joe just cannot be that person."

Cherry looked at her friend, almost saddened for her perception of the situation. She was completely wrong. "Umm that whole band lifestyle you're talking about, drugs, sex, rock and roll? That isn't his band. You should not judge them simply because they are a rock band." She had started. "Okay so maybe he isn't stable in the sense where he is stationary in one town, but he is stable. Joe has a job, money, a house, car. His job has probably set him up for life! Has he ever disappointed you? Joe has always been there and done the things he said. That proves dependability, that follow through."

"but.."

"but what?" there was no argument Madilyn was going to give to convince her otherwise. "Joe came to Brian's party, not because he had to, or you asked him but he wanted to. He wanted to be with you. Joe knew who he was, and despite that he came to a party where there were tons of teenyboppers all over him. Even after you left, Joe stayed. He hung out with those kids, signed autographs, took pictures and even helped Brian with the guitar. Is that what a stereotypical unstable non-dependable rock star does?" Cherise shook her head "Fall Out Boy isn't even a typical band, you could have researched them a little, found out more before you branded them. Brian looks up to him, and that's a good thing. He needs a male figure in his life. Especially a great guy like Joe"

"Brian doesn't know him. Brian knows the band. He has an idolization of Joe." Madilyn frowned, picking her legs up onto the couch.

"Okay, but you know him"

Taking a deep breath Madilyn looked desperately at her friend, She knew she was just trying to look out for her, but Cherise didn't really comprehend that this decision could not just be about Madilyn and what she wanted. "Yes, maybe I know him- a little, and from what I did get Joe was great. But, there is still that lifestyle. Whether he does it or not, that is the world filled with drugs,alcohol and wild parties! And, what kind of relationship will I have if Joe is always gone, touring or recording somewhere? I could never go see him! The kids could not be exposed to that instability." she shook her head "Then the courts ,the newspapers! They would have a field day if they saw me with some famous guitarist from a famous band! I cannot lose them and let them go back to her. I'm sorry Cherise, but I just wont risk that. "

"yeah, well I'm sorry too because you're making a stupid mistake. Joe could be the best thing to ever happen to you and you're willing to throw that all away because of your own ignorance." Cherise sat on the opposite couch that Madilyn was on. "Joe isn't a party animal, you should know since you have been dating him. He isn't about the celebrity lifestyle. And the court? Maddie, Joe could only help your case! He is a good guy, as are the other guys in Fall Out Boy. That band stays so true to their fans and makes such a connection, it just shows you how much character they have!" Cherise paused."And, just to remind you, those kids have a home with you" she pointed upstairs where the kids were in their rooms sleeping, well at least Kaelyn. "because you have already proven to have established a healthy, stable, great environment for them to grow up in. Do not start second guessing that now"

Shaking her head Madilyn stood up throwing her book to the side. The calming of the words, was not helping when your best friend is lecturing you "Yeah well, she wants them back and I can't do anything to help her make that happen. So, I'm sorry Cherry but this is my life and I am doing what I feel is best." She stood up. "Joe hid who he was, he lied. Now drop this. I'm done" turning, Madilyn walked out.






Pressing the end button on the cordless phone, Joe sighed as he sunk further into his couch, his head falling upon the arm rest on one side, his legs folded on the other. This was not how this was supposed to go, his heart was not supposed to hurt like this. His conscious was not supposed to be slowly constricting his air passages. This hurt almost as much as the thought of never seeing her again. He knew he kept it from her, but he was going to tell her, but right now Joe just wanted the chance to explain. Taking a deep breath Joe let it out slowly in hope of it relaxing him.

"Not one to say I told ya so but.." Pete walked into the room, Starbucks coffee in his hand as he got onto the other couch "I did warn you this would happen"

"shut up" Joe gave him a death glare, he really wanted to chew Pete's head off. How was he going to act like he was some relationship genius? When was the last time Pete actually had a real amazing girlfriend? Not one who just wanted to.. Joe stopped himself from the mental rant he was directing at his friend. There was more to be worried about then Peter's inability to be sensitive "Get your dirty shoes off my couch"

Moving his shoes, he waited for Joe not to be looking as he gave him a dirty look. "Hemingway gets to put his dirty paws on your couch" he fired back.

Joe sat up a little bit looking at Pete, he really had to be kidding right?

"gee sorry, they're off." Pete took a sip of his coffee. He was just trying to be a friend, and this was how he was being paid back! HOW RUDE! Just because he was angry at himself. "And I was just reminding you of the fact that once she found out who you were and that you were lying to her she was gone" Pete was repeating the initial situation "You are the reason your girlfriend or that girl you were seeing wont call you back. Honesty is always the best policy"

"that girl has a name" Joe reminded him as he sat down properly. "Madilyn" it was hard to say because he didn't know if he would ever be with her again. "and I know what I did Pete, but you of all people should understand. She wanted to see me, and be with me because she liked me. Who I am. I know it was probably selfish but it was an amazing feeling." Joe sighed and looked down towards the floor. "but I probably screwed it all up"

Frowning, Pete looked at his friend. Joe was not supposed to be the unhappy Fall Out Boy-Boy, Wait what? Never mind. Shaking his head and sitting forward he was going to try to make him feel better " Look, just give her time to fully absorb what happened. She thinks she was deceived, lied to, hurt by someone she was supposed to trust and maybe build something with. She should figure out how you feel, or once she calms down allows you to explain it. "Pete looked at him.

Joe nodded, looking at his friend momentarily before playing with the wristband he was wearing. Just a distraction.

"No one understands what we live with, or what we feel if they aren't in the same situation. Just let her calm down, and you know where she works right?" Pete assumed "Go give her a visit at the office. Then she can't just avoid you. Maybe you could just try again"

"that could work.." Joe tilted his head, a small smile forming on his lips. Once he saw her, he could explain things better. She would look at him and listen. He would do anything to make her listen. Joe had never felt like he did when he was with her. All he wanted was that feeling back again, he wanted her back.



Cherise bit her nail as she was trying to come up with something. She hated how stubborn and stupid her friend was being. Madilyn was just as guilty as Joe was. How could she condemn him for just protecting himself? Cherise also felt terrible for Joe, he had called nonstop just to explain things and Maddie refused to pick up the phone or call him back. If only they had the opportunity to see each other and talk face to face. Then Madilyn would have to listen, she couldn't just ignore him. Smiling, Cherise knew exactly what she had to do, as she reached over and grabbed it. Everything would work out, Cherise would see to it.











So yeah, I do not like to solicit comments or reviews but i would greatly appreciate them. I mean, if you read my story it would be nice if you tell me you liked it, or it sucked. But regardless, Thank you for reading it. This story is definitely coming to a close but, I am trying to think of new ideas to write other stories or continue depending upon what you think. I'm rambling now, sorry! Anyway, yes. Thank you for reading, and i truly hope you enjoyed it!
Sign up to rate and review this story