Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ABC's Of Growing Up

Strip Cooking

by danceislife 2 reviews

A cooking adventure

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 844 words

0Unrated
~~Maddie's POV~~~
Jon was the one who actually took me out shopping. He wanted alcohol, and was the only one old enough to get it. I got cake making supplies, as well as some milk and cereal for in the morning. Jon picked out stuff for sandwiches, as well as 2 cases of beer and a case of some carbonated beverage like Pepsi. I didn't know, I didn't drink the stuff. When we got back to the house, things were cleaner than when I had first arrived.

"You know they did this for you," Jon said. "Thanks. Or else it would be pretty nasty in here after a while."

I laughed and set about making the cake. It was from a mix, but I didn't care. By now it was getting close to nine and I was pretty tired, too tired to make a cake from scratch. I was making a yellow cake with chocolate frosting, my favorite. Just as I was putting the cake in the oven, Ryan came in and got a soda from the fridge. He offered me one, which I declined.

"I was the worst teenager ever. I didn't do the whole pop deal." I said, sitting down at the table. "Where are the rest of the guys?" I asked, making note of the time. 15 minutes and the cake would be done.

"They are all out there drinking. Do you mind if I stay in the kitchen with you?" he asked. I shook my head and he sat down opposite of me.

"Not at all. Do you not drink?" I asked. He messed with the pop tab.

"Nope. I don't touch the stuff. My dad was an alcoholic. I can't bring myself to even try it," he said, taking another sip from his drink.

"I know what that's like. My mom is. Do you know how hard it is to be in college and not drink, let alone in Ireland?" I said, looking at my watch. 5 minutes. I could hear Ryan surpressing giggles. I smiled.

"It's okay. I meant it as a joke. You said was. He isn't anymore?" I asked.

"No, he died." Ryan said quietly, playing with his pop tab. It popped off, and I could see a tear roll down his cheek. I knew it wasn't from the broken pop tab. I checked my watch. Time to check on the cake. I got up and opened the oven. It was done, but how was I going to get it out of the oven?

"Do you guys have hot pads?" I asked. I hadn't planned on that.

"Um, I don't think so." Ryan answered.

With that, I pulled off my shirt. I had a tank top on underneath, so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal.

~~Ryan's POV~~
I tried hard to hold the tears in. It had been over a year since my father had died, but it still hurt. I did let one slip, but I don't think she noticed it. I sat there, my thoughts interupted by a question.

"Do you guys have hot pads?" she asked.

"Um, I don't think so." I told her. With that, she pulled off her shirt. I couldn't control myself as my jaw dropped. Her long hair swayed when she removed her shirt, catching the light. The color really was unique.

"Is your hair a natural color?" I asked her, trying to ignore how good her upper body looked.

She put down the cake and turned around.

"Oh, by now it is," she said, leaning against the counter. The position accentuated her chest. Wait, what was I doing noticing her chest?

"What is this? Strip cooking?" Brendon asked, coming into the kitchen.

~~ Maddie's POV~~
"What is this? Strip cooking?" Brendon asked, coming into the kitchen. I laughed.

"You guys need hot pads" I said, putting my shirt back on.

"Oh so you'll take stuff off for Ryan, but not for me?" he stated. I laughed, but I noticed Ryan blush. It was cute. He was cute.

"He wishes," I said smirking.

"So is the cake done?" Brendon said, noticing Ryan turning increasingly red.

"If you don't want frosting. If you do, you should wait for about 10 minutes. I'll put it in the freezer to cut down on cooling time." I said. It may not taste AS good, but I was tired, and Brendon was impatient.

"We should play a game!" Jon yelled from the living room.

"Which one?" Ryan yelled back.

"Strip poker of course!" Jon yelled back.

"No!" I said, covering my eyes. "I don't need to see that!"

"Ryan and Maddie already played!" Brendon said at the same time, but Jon and Spencer couldn't hear him.

"How about truth or dare?" Jon said, coming into the kitchen this time, followed by Spencer.

"What is this, junior high?" I asked. "Next you'll be asking for spin the bottle. Wait, Spencer kissing Ryan would be pretty hot." My reply was met with disgusted looks from everyone in the room, then laughter.

"Do you have any board games?" I suggested.
Sign up to rate and review this story