Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

Cronus' Plan

by ernie_the_leprechaun 1 review

Cronus gets an idea from.....

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-05 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 903 words

1Original
"These bruises aren't going to heal for a week. Think of my skin!" Neil complained loudly to his teammates in the locker room. Training had just finish, and it had been stranger than anything they had done yet.

"I wonder where Ares learned about Inuit leg wrestling," quipped Odie from the corner, not too pleased at the outcome of the trials. "I mean, it's good for our flexibility and stuff like that, but I doubt we'll ever need it. I know I'll never fight a giant with it. They'd cream us for sure."

"The giants would have an advantage," offered Jay, "because of their size. But it doesn't mean they'd win."

"Yeah, look at Theresa," laughed Archie. "Even Herry couldn't flip her."

"Hey!" Herry yelled from the showers. "She had an unfair advantage!"

"Herry's right. Who knew she was flexible enough to put her foot over her head, let alone stay that way for fifteen minutes!" Laughter broke out at this remark.

"You're all just mad that I won," a female voice, presumably Theresa's, called through the wall. "Hurry up guys, Hera wants to talk to us," a second voice chimed. Atlanta's words made the boys rush, all thinking that what Hera would tell them was bad. They quickly met the girls outside the door, and all seven headed towards Hera's private quarters.

"Did Hera say why she wanted to see us?" Jay asked as he walked beside Theresa. She her that her leader was assuming the worst case senario had occured, and was quick to curb his fears.

"No, but she did say that there was no emergency," she replied, "so don't worry. It might not be anything." Theresa smiled, and Jay sighed. He loved Theresa's smile, and the words that came with this one made him feel even better. He had to smile back.

The group reached Hera's room, and the God was there to greet them. "Heroes," she began, "I'm glad you came."

"Well," said Odie lightly, "when the Queen of the Gods tells you to do something, you usually do it." This brightened Hera's smile, and the teens sat down, prepared for anything.

"As you are well aware, the seven of you have done much good the past months. You have used your skills to fight an evil God, and ultimately save the world, all without your parents ever finding out," here Hera paused, waiting for any comments to come.

"You made excuses for us," Atlanta pointed out. "Told each of our parents a different story to explain where we were. Some more convincing than others..." By the end she was muttering to herself, not wanting to insult the Goddess before her. Atlanta was surprised her parents had believed Hermes when he said the National Acacamy for the Arts in Canada had accepted her. She had been forced into violin lessons since the age of six, and in the 10 years she had tried to play it, her scales still sounded like someone slaughtering a cat. Maybe worse.

"Yes, well, we believe it is time that they learned the truth. Our stories weren't very...convincing, in some cases, and we believe that if anything were to happen, your parents should know why. That's why we have written to each of them, hoping to meet them in three days time, so we can explain everything."

"Our parents, will be coming here?" Archie asked, not looking thrilled.

"Yes, and I want you all to be here to greet them. Hopefully we won't run into any...problems," Hera finished, and with that they were excused.

"I wonder how our parents will react when we tell them?" Said Herry, as they drove back to the brownstone for lunch. Unlike everyone else, Herry already had a family member who knew he was a hero; his grandma had been kidnapped by Cronus not long before.

"I don't even want to think about it," said Theresa. She didn't have to have a sixth sense to see her father's reaction to finding out what she's been doing the past few months. First of all, he would never believe her. Then he would probably force her into the closest mental hospital. Needless to say, he would think the whole thing pure insanity.

"Don't worry, Tess," Archie said, seeing her expression. "Your dad's reaction cannot be worse than mine. His anger will probably rival Cronus'!" Despite the seriousness of the statement, the friends burst out laughing, finding it comical.

~~~*~

"So, the mortals find my anger funny, do they?" Cronus seethed with anger, staring into his enchanted pond furiously. Hera and the other Gods had no idea that Cronus had managed to bypass the security of their hiding spot, allowing him to see inside through his pond. Not that it help him much, he had admitted to himself, because he could still never beat the heroes.

"So the Gods finally see fit to inform the parents of their little secret," he continued sarcastically, "the mortals will finally know what dangers their little darlings face every day." He chuckled. "Well, I won't disappoint them. I'll even give them a little show to watch, a demostration, if you will." And again he laughed, horrible, evilly, the laugh echoing off the walls of his cave.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Just a quick note: Thank you to anyone who has read this story. I hope you continue to read and enjoy, and any reviews are welcomed.

ernie_the_leprechaun
Sign up to rate and review this story