Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Busted!

Alone

by ernie_the_leprechaun 2 reviews

An early morning call....

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2006-11-07 - 707 words

1Exciting
Beeep...Beeep....Beeep

Groggily, Jay opened his eyes as his PMR blared a wake up call. He felt around on the table beside his bed, looking for the shrieking device. Finding it, Jay pressed the talk button.

"Wha...."

"Jay," Hera's voice filtered through the silent bedroom, crisp and alert. "Wake the others. You must come to the school immediately."

All fatigue disappearing, Jay asked, "What's wrong?"

"There's no time," Hera said, rushed and panicked. "Just gather the team, and hurry!" There the Goddess cut off, and Jay sprang into action.

Jumping into a pair of jeans and a polo shirt, he woke up his roommate. "Archie, we've got to go," and getting no reponse to his call, Jay threw his shoe in Archie's general direction.

"Ouch, Jay!" An annoyed Archie yelled. He sprang up, then looked at his alarm clock. It read 5:13, not exactly the time to wake up on a Tuesday morning. "What the fu-"

"Hera called. We have to go, now." This made Archie move, him too grabbing some clean clothes. Jay left to wake up the rest of his friends.

Soon all the boys were up, quick to be ready to leave for the school. Odie was the first one to reach the room the girls shared. "Theresa, Atlanta, time to save the world," he yelled, hoping they would awake willingly. When he heard no noise from the other side of the door, he turned the knob, and was surprised to see it was open. More surprising still, there was only one girl in the room.

"Atlanta! What happened?" Odie rushed to his friend's defence, the other boys following. Atlanta herself was tied and gagged, and bound to her bed post, unable to move. As soon as her gag was removed, she cried out,

"Cronus has Theresa! He grabbed her, and I heard her trying to scream. That's when he tied me up, and he took her and we've got to save her! We have to save Theresa!" Atlanta broke down hysterically as Archie tried to comfort her, whilst Jay ran to Theresa's bed.

There was no sign of a struggle, and Jay suspected that the now missing girl must have been caught unawares. If fact, if you only had the sheets to go by, than you may have thought she had simply woken up. The only thing out of place was a note, a single sentence written hastily upon it.

"Now she is truly alone."

Jay crumpled the paper, rage suddenly filling him. 'Not for any bloody longer.' He thought.

~~~*~

"So this was why you called us? You knew Theresa was taken and you didn't bother to help her right away?"

"Jay, calm down!" Said Neil, though he didn't seem that calm himself.

"Neil is right," said Hera coolingly. "We must calm down and act quickly, if we are to save Theresa. Now," and she moved to her marble table, where a piece of paper was thrown down. "Cronus left me much the same note, but from it Persephone has managed to locate Theresa. Go, and find her, before it is too late."

Odie loaded the coordinates into his PMR, and the teens quickly turned to leave. Before he could, Jay felt a hand on his shoulder. He didn't turn around.

"Don't blame yourself Jay. It will distract you from saving Theresa," Jay turned, guilty suddenly, but Hera was gone. He left, to save the only girl he had ever cared about so much.

~~~*~

"If anything happens to Theresa, I will never forgive myself," sobbed Persephone, where the Gods were grouped in Hera's private rooms. Since being told of the incident, she had been inconsolable, blaming herself and hating that she could not help save her young friend.

Hera was standing away from the group, deep in thought. What had the note meant, that Theresa was now 'truly' alone. She had never been alone before, had she? As the sun rose slowly on the horizon, the thought of telling Theresa's parents what had happened scared her. How cruel would she have to seem, relating such a truth and taking their daughter away, all at the same time. Hera wept, hoping that there would be nothing worse to tell, than that Theresa was missing.

Sign up to rate and review this story