Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

The Mind of Meditation

by NuuoaEclaire 9 reviews

The beginning. The beginning of summer. Jay finds himself going to the library and picking up a beautiful book, while Theresa puts a group of partiers in their place with her new found powers... an...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 2160 words

3Hot
Authors Note: So I decided to post my new long fanfiction. I hope it meets your craving of Class of the Titans fanfictions and can't think of much else to say. Tell me what you think about it. It's my second long fanfiction, and action, adventure, romance and the twists that you've learned to expect from me will come. -Nuuoa Eclaire.

Disclaimer: I do not own 'Class of the Titans' for if I did, and you've heard this one a lot, I would not be writing this fanfiction... I would be doing a happy dance.

Pairings: More will be added later on. Jay/Theresa and Archie/Atlanta.

Warnings: No real warnings in this chapter, just some annoying drunk guys hitting on Theresa and Jay being in love with a book.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart

Chapter 1: The Mind of Meditation
(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

The crisp scent of raw cedar filled Jay's nostrils as he made his was through the maze of shelves and old book. The library was mostly this way, with high ceilings, old dust covered book and extra squishy pink couches. You wouldn't think that this would be the type of library located on 12th street New Olympia, but it was, and to Jay it was it felt like his home away from his home away from home... Or at least that's what he liked to assume.

Like a skilled juggler he carried his tower of hard covered books over to the checkout desk, making sure to dodge the overgrown evergreens and the water cooler under curving staircase.

Infact Jay had to dodge more then three water jugs on his way to the other side of the small room, but that's how much you need during the beginning of summer, the heat challenging the grueling rays of desert sun. But if this was summer then why did the newly graduated teenage boy need books? Shouldn't he be going to the big block party? Well the explanation is a simple one... this was Jay.

Jay slammed the books book with a thud and watched with intelligent eyes as the Liberian jumped out of her seat. Placing down the black book she had been reading, Mrs. King smiled at her regular costumer, shaking her head.

"More books I see Jay," her gray eyes sparked up with amusement, "Isn't school over? I thought you would be out celebrating?" Jay pulled out his gold library card from his jean pocket and replied.
"You know me better then that Nora... I am celebrating!" he handed over the card with a laugh. The older woman's smile made a section of wrinkles ripple and stand out around the side of her mouth.
"Oh course nothing like a good read to brighten a day. And I'm not complaining," she began to scan the books through the machine, "Sometimes I think the only thing that keeps this place alive is your business." Jay nodded absently, his attention somewhere completely else.


Warm chocolate orbs peered down at the small black book that Nora King had been reading. His gaze skimmed lightly over the aged molding and delicate leather binding. His hands yearned to touch the beautiful curved calligraphy and the woven papyrus paper.

Mrs. King raised an eyebrow at this and said, "Admiring the book Jay?" His handsome tanned face glowed as he turned back towards her.
"Yes. I've never seen anything quite like it! The craftsmanship is astounding!"
"Found this beauty down in the basement." She stated proudly patting the cover.
"Want to read it? It's Greek Mythology," she eyed the huge pile of his checked out books suspiciously, "That's all you ever read anyway."

Jay took the book and held it in his hands like a newborn child, face lighting up enthusiastically.
"R-really?" he could hardly believe his good fortune.
"Of course I was still reading it..." she pondered as Jay tried not to let his face sag.
"But we could always trade." He beamed as she smiled and took a brown covered book from his stack; he barely caught the title, "Jason a Hero of Ages."

"Thank you so much!" he gushed wide eyed at the older woman's kindness.
"I'll take good care of it!"
"I know you will." She winked up at him, putting a strand of gray brown hair behind her ear. And as he retreated with his books in hand, she eagerly looked at the cover of the book she picked and frown, glancing at Jay as he left.
"Anyone ever tell you, you look like Jason!" she stood out of her seat and called out. Jay stopped and mischievous smirk spread across his visage.
"More then you'd know."

And it was there that the unknown left a very, very confused librarian.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Theresa tried again to unsuccessfully close her eyes and clear her head from the noise outside... but it was too much. The teens whooped and partied and laughed, blaring the music so loud that it threatened to break down the walls of the brownstone building.

Shutting her sparkling green eyes tight Theresa chanted rhythmically in her head.
"Aellaqui Stuna Leima." The power words that she had found not too long ago danced out of her mouth, she could still feel the power tingling on her tongue. Cronus had his, and each time he said the same thing for all spells she asked Persephone about it... but how did she find her most powerful words? And what did it mean?

Honestly she still didn't know. That day all she had been doing that day was dancing and dreaming on her now very powerful gift, fighting an immortal god for two years will do that to you. And it came to her in a flash, a simple one... the image was Jay.

As for the language, being lost to all humans remained a mystery... but that didn't matter to her at the moment.

Fuming, she raced to her window and yelled down at the whole group of drunk and sober partiers.
"You mind! I'm trying to concentrate here!" Her voice got lost in the rap and beats blaring from the jukebox. Some boys finally noticed her and nudged each other pointing up at her body half out the window.
"Check out the hottie." They laughed, spitting out alcoholic breaths, "Girl's got it going on."

And though Theresa didn't acknowledge it that much, she was very beautiful... amazingly so. Her looks had been known to captivate men in an instant. Long light red ginger hair fell in rippling waves down her back; full rose petal lips were part of a mouth with a warm pearly smile and a face formed by a goddess. High cheek bones, slightly pert nose and a perfect oval face. Plus these idiots had to notice her body, she hated that. Her full chest and tall hourglass shape would be the end of her... Fortunately she was a lot better then that.

"Hey babe! Wanna come over to my house... we could get busy." He raised a dark eyebrow at her in seduction, sleeking his messy hair back.

Theresa rolled her eyes as the frustration kept pouring in, 'Keep your cool Theresa... come on... keep it together.'
"Come on sweet thing! Come on down and strip with us." At this the physic snapped and reeled, leaning out the window, her eyes turning a bold and vibrant violet.
"Aellaqui Stuna Leima!" she cried out. The men looked on confused as she closed the window and sat back down on the floor smugly, waiting for the sicko's screams... having the music stereo fall on you was not pleasant. Theresa barely heard Herry, Neil, Archie and Atlanta shout from outside,
"Ahh... Theresa!" as the music shrieked and broke off into silence.

Theresa set up the candles around her room, the smell of incense mixing in with the warm night air, as continued with her meditation.

You know that in meditation you have to have a certain piece of mind. Thoughts powered the levitation and you might find yourself with a blank expression on your face, or allow a smile to grace your lips... but it was different for all Clairvoyants. Personally she found her strength resided within her heart, happy memories and thoughts powering her actions and magical abilities. She proceeded to rise.

Like a soft daze of numbness passed through her body, Theresa sat on a high cushion of summer air. Happy thoughts powered her levitation. The relaxing beats of a wave passed before her eyes, the dancing of a harp and lyres song played in her head, and more happiness and height followed.

Dancing, her magic words, singing, jogging, playing music... kissing her Jay... And with that thought her eyes shot open in shock and she landed hard on the wooden floor.

Dazed she reopened her eyes half expecting to see him there, laughing at her. She sighed and cradled her knees to her arms, rocking back and forth. It had haunted her ever she had met him. At that moment she had felt an undeniable attraction to the boy and she still felt that, even stronger now... but now... she might even love him.

'What is love?' she asked herself in thought, 'Is it the over the top expensive wooing, the fairytale heartbreak and saving, the friendship that blossoms into more, or the whole love at first sight thing?' Honestly she didn't know. Did Theresa even love Jay? Every time he entered the room she didn't know if she should expect butterflies or the great sense of inner peace. She was quite dubious to the matter.

"I'm not an expert, but I don't think that you'll master your abilities by sitting on the floor all day." Jay's masculine yet gentle voice flowed through her ears. She felt the butterflies this time. Shocked she tried to remain perfectly calm.
"Would you care to knock next time? And how would you know?" she snorted lifting her head up in mocked dignity, he laugh, she loved making him laugh. And if to prove her point she dung deep into the power that resided in her heart and rose to the air in a haze of violet with the grace of a swan, landing delicately on her feet.

"See?" she breathed as Jay snapped out of his trance, she couldn't tell if he was semi-blushing as he put down the pile of books he had carried into her dorm.
"Causing trouble outside I see?" Jay motioned his head to the commotion outside, brown locks falling over his face. She laughed.
"Would I do that?" she beat her long dark eyelashes at him, looking innocent.
"Of course." He laughed again as she punched him lightly on the arm.
"Hey!"

"Well I see you're reading books again?" she scowled at him playfully, the butterflies in her stomach doing a little jig, picking up a small black book and shaking it in front of his face. He caught her hand in his and never leaving the steamy gaze placed the book down. She could've sworn her heart was beating louder then the rave that had been outside.
"That book is valuable." he turned himself away from her, ruining the rush of joy.
"Right." She mumbled, scoffing the floor with her small white ballet like shoe.
"You better go."
"Yeah." He smiled and stated calmly like he did everything else, like nothing had happened, but he just stood there.

"You better go now," a mischievous grin spread a cross her face, "Unless you want to see me change." He turned bright red and grabbed his books rapidly as she began to lift her coral top over her head, revealing a toned tummy.
"Goodnight!" he rushed in a sweat slamming the door behind him. She laughed, she just loved teasing him. 'But do I love him?' she wondered biting her lower lip.
"And does he love me?"

Then she noticed he had left the book he liked so much on her corner table.
"Wait you forgot your..." she stopped and stared at the small leather thing.
"What makes him adore you?" she stopped dressing and snarled at the black book in hand, "You're not even real." She threw it at the wall, surprisingly having it bounce back at her with much force.
"Oww!" the sharp edge of the book stabbed her right index finger, causing a slight bubble of blood to appear.
"Stupid thing." She let it fall to the ground with a thud. And as she finished changing and climbed into her comfy bed she let her thoughts mingle with wonderful dreams, causing her to float above the mattress the whole night. Such was the mind of meditation.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Authors Note: I hope you all enjoyed that, I have a lot more planned and that was more of an opener. Next chapter contains much humor and romance. Thank you and I hope you liked the beginning of this long story. Tell me what you think -Nuuoa Eclaire
Sign up to rate and review this story