Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Cold Side of Heart

In Brownstone Houses

by NuuoaEclaire 10 reviews

Theresa gets herself into quite a pickle after she divises a plan to snatch Jay, she realizes that she wants him to like her for... her and not her body! But before she can dispose of the bikini Ar...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2006-11-06 - 2581 words

4Hot
Authors Note: Hi y'all! So I decided to post the next chapter sooner. It's just so much fun to write. Thank you all so much for the support and reviews, strange that they help me update faster. I hope you all enjoy this chapter too. And thanks to Nina542 for editing my previous chapter. I might not be on here a while so I need to post this now. -Nuuoa Eclaire.

Disclaimer: See previous chapter, and I don't own "White Houses" by Vanessa Carlton, but I did make up the better lyrics.

Pairings: A lot more will be added later on... but it's not what you think. Jay/Theresa and Archie/Atlanta.

Warnings: Boys being boys, and skimpy bikinis... which can only mean Theresa teasing Jay and sorting out her feelings. Just the usual in the 'average' lives of seven teenage heroes.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·
The Cold Side of Heart

Chapter 2: In Brownstone Houses
(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Shutting the door shyly behind her Theresa peeked her head around it and peered around the room. No one looked to be anywhere near, so she rushed into the room with great speed and made a loud stomping noise as she raced out the stairs and into her room. She shut the door and wiped her brow in relief, sighing.

Looking down at the small bag she had in her hand Theresa began to rummage through the pink tissue paper until she found the desirable item. She pulled it out at quickly examined it with olive eyes. A very, very skimpy bikini.

The suit was indeed very small, with spaghetti straps and a tight blend. It was a beautiful yellow color with small delicate pink beads sown into the shape of a hibiscus flower on the side. And she had hoped it would be the end of her troubles with Jay.

She sank down to her knees and sighed again, was this really going to work? Was this such a good idea? And why was she even doing this in the first place?

The plan had been simple, take a quick break in the early morning before they woke up, to go shopping and pick out a petite swimsuit that would drive Jay mad with want. It was a miracle the store was open. Then she would proceed to ask him to go swimming over at the local pool claiming that it would be great practice if an emergency called for them to swim... Then he would be hers.

Theresa took one last look at the thing and threw it on to her bed; honestly she didn't know what to think anymore. She could make any man drool if she wanted to... but did she want to get Jay by using her body? She didn't think so. She wanted him to ultimately love her for being... her. And that would be good enough, even if she looked like a hag.

"Not that word again." She huffed breathing out a gust of air, and using it to flick back the strand of light sunburst red hair from her eyes.
"Not that stupid love word." She had thought long and hard the night before about whether she loved Jay or not... or if he even wanted her in that way. She had promised herself to wait for him a long time ago, and waiting wasn't something that she was particularly good at. But she had promised herself that she would wait forever... that had to be love, right?

Standing up in determination she strutted over to her suit and pulled off her teal tank top and jeans, fastening the bathing suit around her curvaceous body.

Theresa stared into the full view mirror that she had received as a Christmas present from Neil, and admired herself... yet felt repulsed. The shiny glass reflected her stunning body perfectly, all the dips, tones and creamy skin. She could sure get Jay to stare in this; she could even get Neil away from himself.

Frustrated she slinked over across the hardwood floor to her comfy desk chair, spinning around on it quickly; she took out her small purple diary. 'Theresa's Diary' written neatly on the cover page. She flipped it open to a random date and began to read, turning on her radio to her favorite tunes. The song "White Houses" blaring with the beat of the music.

'Crashed on the floor when I moved in
This little bunk alone with some strange new friends
Stay up too late, and I'm too thin
We promise each other it's til the end
Now we're spinning empty bottles
It's the five of us
With pretty eyed boys girls die to trust
I can't resist the day
No, I can't resist the day.'

She laughed to herself as she mentally opened up her mind and changed the lyrics to 'The seven of us', as well as all the proceeding words to fit her life.
"Aellaqui Stuna Leima." Her eyes glowed lilac.

'Atlanta screams out and it's no pose
'Cause when she runs she goes and goes
Pop through the nose on an inside joke
I'm so excited, I haven't spoken
And she's so pretty, and she's so sure
Maybe I'm more clever than a girl like her
The summer's all in bloom
The summer is ending soon'

Theresa's head bopped lightly as she tapped her foot on the floor and opened the window, sending a hot breeze of air to soak her revealed body. She continued to focus her thoughts on the music blaring out of the radio, bending them even more then before.

'It's alright and it's nice not to be so alone
But I hold on to your secrets in brownstone houses

Maybe I'm a little bit over my head
I come undone at the things he said
And he's so funny in his bright purple shirt
We are all in love and we'll all get hurt
I wish to sneak into the car's black leather seat
I smell the gasoline in the summer heat
Boy, we're not going at all fast
This dream's all too sweet to last'

She wished the real lyrics were true, she imagined Jay's strong body against hers... but she pushed that thought aside and smiled at just getting a kiss... just having him love her... nothing physical would satisfy her wants.

'It's alright
I want to put myself in his hands
But I hold on to your secrets in brownstone houses
Love, or something ignites in my veins
And I pray it never fades in brownstone houses

My first love, hard to explain
Butterflies, oh, and a whole lot of joy
On a hot day, it's more common than you think
Is he my first mistake

Maybe you'll be all faster than me
We won't give each other up so easily
Will I get silly little wounds that will never mend
Will I feel so far from where I've been
Will I go, and will I not be back here again
I'll be gone as the day is fading on brownstone houses
I'll lie, put my injuries all in the dust
In my heart is the seven of us
In brownstone houses

And if I go, maybe you'll remember me
What I want to give will be yours to keep
In brownstone houses
In brownstone houses
In brownstone houses'

As the music faded off she shut off the power and set down her diary, breathing deeply. 'Is all that going to happen to us? Could it?' she innerly thought, just as a loud knock sounded on the other side of her door.
"Hey Theresa! Can I talk to you?" Archie's voice rang out of the other side of the door. She jumped up and noticed her attire, putting hands protectively around her.
"Just a second!" she cried racing franticly around the room, throwing on her clothes as she went.

After a few second Archie's voice was back, "Hurry up!" He began to open the door as Theresa was pulling on her dark jeans.
"Aellaqui Stuna Leima!" she screamed out, causing the door to slam shut on Archie's face.
"Oww!"

Seconds later the mad purple haired 'gentleman' twisted the knob and stormed in, giving her just enough time to hide the swimsuit behind her back and give him an innocent smile. He raised an eyebrow at her slightly sloppy, rushed appearance.
"What was that all about!" he ranted.
"I just didn't want you to come into the room." She replied.
"You could've just said so! Drama Queen." He sighed, falling down on her puffy bed.

She stuck her tongue out at him.
"Now what is it you want?" she asked with a spark of curiosity evident in her green eyes. Archie sat up and tried to see what she had concealed behind her back.
"What's that you got there?" he smirked.
"Curiosity killed the cat Archie." She tried hard to keep cool, comparing him to an animal that hated water.
"Ha, ha." He drawled out, rolling his dark steel blue eyes, "Fine."

And as they exited the room Archie didn't give her a chance a drop off the bikini, she gave Archie a dirty glare and he just smiled.
"What is it?" she finally insisted on him telling her the question. His face reddened a bit.
"I was wondering if A... Atlanta mentioned anything about..."
"You?" she finished, laughter trying to escape as she grinned evilly.
"No!" he snapped brushing a pale hand through his very vivid colored hair.
"If she had mentioned the time we spent at the fair yesterday?" he inquired.
"And why would she do that?" she gave him wide confused eyes, playing the part of a naïve little angel. Archie huffed in exasperation stomping down the hall; gold ankle brace making a clacking noise.
"Incompetent, annoying, bothersome, Drama Queen! She knows..." Archie continued to mumble until nothing could be seen of him.

Theresa tried not to giggle as she raced down the stairs and crashed into a solid male. Neil quickly put back his golden locks in place.
"Morning Neil. You're up early." She acknowledged him, but his expression remained blank.
"You crashed the block party."
"Oh come on," she tried to get by him to drop off her bikini, still held tightly in hand.
"It was far to loud..."
"Party crasher." He remained firm in his decision.
"Is that all you can say?" she was getting a little irritated as he continued to rant about it.
"Party crasher." Neil pouted, hands over his chest.
"Shut up Neil!" Theresa reeled on the model, "You brought this on yourself. Aellaqui Stuna Leima." Her eyes glowed fierce purple as a nearby mirror crashed down on him, squishing him to the floor and forming a large crack in the glass.

Neil was horrified, his perfectly chiseled frantic face showed in all angles in the glass's broken surface.
"THE MIRROR!" he screeched and stroked the thing like a dead comrade.
"Now you're going to have seven years of bad luck." She put her hands on hips, making sure to keep her still held object unseen, and smirked at her poor friend.
"Me... unlucky?" his tanned face scrunched into a frown, "Impossible! And you're the one who broke it!" he pointed a shaking accusing finger at her.
"Maybe you're right." She shrugged and entered the living room, where she found the rest of her teammates relaxing around the room, Archie soon joining them.

"Nice to see you're up Theresa." Jay greeted her, setting down his astrology book. She melted. It was going to be butterflies again today.
"M-morning." She tried not to blush as Archie snickered, earning himself a punch in the arm, courtesy of Atlanta.
"Hey!" Atlanta greeted as Archie rubbed his arm, the proper greeting followed.
"Well look at the time." Neil swaggered into the room eying Odie and Herry.
"Looks like it's time to go to the LIBRARY!" he accented the last word and said it much louder then the others.
"MAKE SURE TO TELL ATHENA THAT WE ARE GOING TO THE LIBRARY!" he yelled again. Odie did a hand in the face action to this; mop hair falling over his face.

"Right!" Herry piped up jumping off the beige couch, "The LIBRARY!" he winked at Neil and a now groaning Odie.
"Ok, how obvious was that?" Atlanta chimed, hazel eyes twinkling with laughter.
"Very." Jay agreed, "What are you doing?"

Odie sighed, "Going to check out the chicks at the mall. Neil wants to use the fountain there to look at himself too." This earned different types of laughs from the gang as Odie, Herry and Neil flushed.
"Then we'll catch a movie later." Odie added to lessen the embarrassment, "Want to come?"

Atlanta snorted, flicking back bold red hair, "Me? Checking out girls... hmm... I'll pass."
"Me too." Archie nodded.
"And you Jay?" Theresa asked, hoping the answer to be no.
"I was hoping to go watch the stars over at 'Twilight Point'." Theresa took a deep breath as she felt a jolt of courage enter her heart.
"CanIgotoo." She blurted out quickly; the gang had more giggles coming their way.
"Sure." He smiled brightly to her relief.
"Guess it's just you and me tonight partner." Atlanta playfully ruffled Archie's hair.
"Y-yeah." He turned a hue of pink.
"That's because Jay and Therri have a date." Neil slurred. Herry's laugh shook the room.
"No!" Jay and Theresa blurted out as their friends were threatened with dying of laughter.

"Fine," Odie gleamed behind green glasses, "it's a 'Not-Date'."
"Shouldn't you guys have gone to check out the mall babes by now? Maybe the bad luck did fall on me." She huffed as the boys, minus Jay, continued to laugh.
"Jay and Theresa have a date!" they chanted together, arms around the other, swaying like a group of drunks.
"N-no!" Jay tried and failed to convince them otherwise.

"If you say so." Theresa took long elegant steps up the stairway, she swung her hips to the side, while swinging her now unhidden bathing suit over her shoulders, unknowingly causing Jay's mouth to drop and an echo to snickers to escape the rest of the group's mouths.

Sure she didn't know what to think of her immense feelings. She didn't know what love was. And she defiantly didn't know how her desirable felt about her at all... But for now she was content with the evening planned and making him squirm... and how she would make him squirm. Right out of his goody-goody shoes, and into her arms. But she didn't want him like that... yet.

And so started an average day in the lives of seven teenage heroes. They loved, had no idea what love was, tried to get away from a goddess's watchful eye to check out girls, raced around living rooms, liked to annoy their friends, picked on Neil and battled an immortal God. That was sure normal. And all this took place in a brownstone house.

(¯`v´¯)
`·.¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·

Authors Note: So that's it. Ah, poor Jay and all the tantalizing... can't say if he will last much longer. Plus the two have a 'Not-Date', and now Archie and Atlanta are going to be alone in the house... only madness will proceed, I promise you that. Let's just say that Archie should never try to cook. So the faster you click that little review button, the faster I get Archie to make the kitchen go 'boom'... and you want to see that, don't you? -Nuuoa Eclaire
Sign up to rate and review this story