Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Don´t mind me, at home alone

by FrostedGlass 10 reviews

Chapter 30 is- HOLY MOLY! We´re at 30 already?! We´re getting old... And we must learn to not identify with our story. My story, I mean.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-08 - Updated: 2006-11-08 - 1297 words

1Funny
30. Don´t mind me, at home alone


ONCE AGAIN IT´S TIME TO KISS UP TO YOU GUYS TO ENSURE THAT YOU KEEP READING. (Your checks should be in the mail by Friday, by the way.) I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE (in alphabetical order):
EVERYONE WHO´S BEEN READING THIS STORY FROM BEGINNING UP TO NOW. THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME! :) YOU REALLY MAKE ME GRAB DEEP INTO MY INNER SELF, SHOVE ASIDE MY LUNGS, GO PAST UNDIGESTED CANDY BARS AND PULL OUT WHAT´S INSIDE. (For reasons of taste and a lack of the technical vocabulary in the field of biology, I don´t want to specify the area where my ideas come from any further.)*

TO MY FELLOW WRITERS:
If you have these people as your reviewers you can deem yourself one lucky author:
pixied_secrets (for giving out serious literary criticism)
whatkatydid (for putting the Plonk and style into reviews)
CodeWordLove (for making you feel like you practically invented fanfic)
thexrealxme (for appreciating Andy, even with his disgusting beard)
bandgeekfreak (for seeming to be a rather picky reader and therefore flattering you when actually reviewing your stuff)
furthermore MusicxisxHearts, PiecesInMe, luckysgc921, LOVELA, duckapple and moocow.

One last thing: As an act of completely shameless self-promotion I´d like to direct the attention of those of you who haven´t checked out my newest project called "Channel Hopping" towards that story. It´s not funny. What does put it into contrast with "The Bass Files", however, is that it´s not meant to be. Watch me try out something new. You can tell me "I told you so" afterwards. (But only if you DID tell me so beforehand. O_o)



________________________



I spent the first week of ´Blue in the face´´s tour worrying about how Patrick was dealing with having Pete around. Whenever I had him on the phone he just finished me off with something along the lines of "It´s alright." Stupid loaded martyr complex.

The other day he informed me that Pete actually didn´t hang out with them all that much. He only showed up when it was time to play a show. Where he was the rest of the time, no-one really knew. Probably checking out the different states for girl material. And checking out how he looked in all the mirrors across the east coast. Ah well, he was partly responsible for getting me my new bass so I should probably tune down on the cynicism.

Whoops, broke the knob.

One time, when I had Patrick on the phone, he was in a hotel room that he shared with the other three guys. He was in the bathroom, getting ready to take a shower, just when his cell rang.

"Ew, just look at the mess that Pete has left!" he said as a very creative form of greeting.

"Well, hello to you, too... What did Pete do? I can´t see it, the winged monkeys broke my crystal ball, you know."

"Ach," the guy groaned, "the drain in the shower is clogged with his hair... HEY, PETE! What the fuck were you doing in the shower? Shooting scenes for "The Grudge 3"?!**

Oh, the joy of having Pete Wentz and his fluffly emo bangs around.

During week number two Joe told me that Pete was becoming friendlier with the rest of the guys. He had always known that Pete was a cool guy, thus had hung out with him even before he had filled in for me. (Obviously Joe didn´t only have a weird taste in women but in men as well. Or in whatever Pete was.) Joe said that whenever they got bored they played poker or various computer games that he had brought along.

"I think he´s actually losing intentionally so he can take off more of his clothes..." Joe joked about Pete and giggled into the phone.

"Ah... you guys play strip poker? When you´re on your own?"

"Sheena, there´s girls in the other band."

Oh.

OH!

"Any hook-ups?"

Joe sighed, "Nah, not really. Jennifer´s with Paul already and that Didi gal... She´s not my type."

I was guessing those people were in that ´Rattlesnake UFO´ band. I hadn´t met them as I had said my goodbyes to Andy, Joe, Patrick and Pete before I went home after my birthday party at the music store.

"How´s that?" I asked.

"Just because she´s got boobs doesn´t mean I´m attracted to her." Read my mind. "I mean I don´t have a crush on Patrick either."

Mean one... Ok, so he was getting a bit chubby. Probably eating out of frustration over Joyce and Pete.

"How´s Patrick?"

"He´s dealing, I think. I talked to him the other day about this whole thing and it seems like he´s ok about having Pete around. Actually I think they´re kinda hitting off. They started writing a song together."

This was quite a turn of events. I do feel ashamed when saying that I felt a bit betrayed. Maybe I just missed hanging out with Patrick too much. Three weeks sure were a long time.

I spent my days breaking in my new bass, teaching and correcting homework and trying to teach Mr. Meatball, who was obviously regarding my apartment as his second home by now, to stop sending the cans of cat food that I had bought to please him (and keep him from chewing on my stuffed cow called ´Evie McVeggie´) from the kitchen counter to the floor with a decisively loud "Plonk!".*

Near the end of the third week I met Joyce over a coffee because she had asked me to come over. She sounded really bored. How´s that for flattering?

"So, how are you doing without Pete?" I asked her.

She smiled at me, "I was gonna ask you the exact same thing about Patrick. Given the fact that you guys have become pretty close."

"Oh, I miss him. All of them actually. Even Joe. Can you imagine that?" I replied.

"Yeah... back to Patrick though."

Oh, the subtelty of it.

Joyce continued, "Did you ever have a... weird moment or anything with him?"

"Hanging out with Patrick is one weird moment," I cracked. "Please specify."

"You know," she rolled her eyes, "like anything... sexual."

I chocked on my coffee and replied with a quick and poignant, "Hell, no."

"Oh, I see. I was just wondering... because you guys hang out so much. And... it kinda would have made me feel better about having shot him down the way I did."

"Sorry, I can´t offer anything with which you could calm your guilty conscience there."

Joyce looked hurt. That probably sounded meaner than I had meant it to sound.

I sighed, "What I mean is... He´ll get over it eventually. Don´t worry. He´s really focussing on his music now. More than before from what I can tell. I think he´s overjoyous about the tour. He´s keeping himself occupied. He´ll be fine, Joyce. You can´t force feelings." I gave a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks, Sheena."


________________________

* The alphabetical order was actually a joke. Yes, I´m running dry.

** I was all alone in the movie theater when watching the first part. This was the first horror movie that scared the shit outta me. You can tell that I´m just making up excuses to have another footnote.

* As a future language teacher I feel compelled to point out the multiple meanings of this simple, yet acousticly highly developed word. Due to it´s multifunctional nature, it should be in every top 10 list of vocabulary items to teach students of English as a foreign language.
Sign up to rate and review this story