Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Product placements and other shameful scenes

by FrostedGlass 10 reviews

In order to be able to continue this story, I´m afraid that I have to admit that chapter 31 has an instance of female hygiene product placement in it. Should you be interested in purchasing this p...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-10 - Updated: 2006-11-10 - 977 words

1Moving
31. Product placements and other shameful scenes


"Alright, I´m coming over then," Patrick said. "I just need to pick up some groceries first. I´ll be with you in about an hour."

"Good, good," I replied into the receiver. "Oh, could you do me a favor and pick something up for me? Then I don´t have to go out to the store."

"Sure. What do you need?"

"Just a pack of ´Pixied Secrets´," I replied, assuming that he knew what that was. I mean, come on. How could he not? The commercial was just hilarious.

I pictured him frowning as he asked for clarification, "What exactly is that?"

"Sanitary napkins, Patrick."*

"EEEWWWW!"

I giggled into the phone, "Oh, grow up already. Will you do it?"

He sighed and sounded a bit uneasy when he answered, "Yes, sure. See you in a bit then."

"Bye," I said, smiling to myself, and hung up. Cuteness made in Stumpsville.

_ _ _ _ _


"Shit or get off the pot!"** we heared Joe yelling and banging against the bathroom door. "I really need to pee, man."

That was actually the first time I had heard that phrase used in its literal sense. And the last time too, I hoped.

One minute later Pete appeared in Andy and Joyce´s livingroom where the rest of us were hanging out.

"Couldn´t pull yourself away from the mirror again, eh?" Patrick teased him.

Pete grinned and ran his fingers through his hair. God, I wished I had hair like that. I bet he didn´t need a pitchfork to comb it like me.

Ever since the boys had returned from the tour it became more and more obvious that there was a new familiarity between the cousins. They had a bunch of private jokes, some of which not even Andy or Joe were familiar with. It was scary. Next thing you know is Pete smooches Patrick´s cheek at the Chainsaw Awards. Oh, I´m getting scared.

"So how have you been while we were away, Sheena?" Andy glanced at me.

I hadn´t really talked much to him on the phone during the tour. When I was talking to either Joe or Patrick he´d sometimes say hi but we didn´t have any deep conversations.

"I´ve been good, Andy," I replied and smiled slightly. "Played my new bass a lot. The sound is just breath-taking. It´s the best thing I ever laid my paws on."

Joe, who walked into the room that moment, giggled, "You haven´t had a lot of sex lately, huh? The way you talk about an instrument..."

"Shove it, Jewy." You, reader, and I know that he was right. Damn him. Hm, maybe I could also use a menora to brush my hair...

"Well, I´m glad you like it," Andy grinned.

Andy. I wasn´t mad at him anymore. I´m not sure I´ve been actually ´mad´ at him before. I was just really... frustrated, you know? However, what´s wrong with two people coming together to... come together. If he wanted to sleep with Fox without any strings attached and if she was fine with it, I surely didn´t have a right to make any judgments about that.

Now I wasn´t even sure if I shouldn´t have been glad that Andy and I never got a chance. I mean if things hadn´t worked out between us that would have been the end of the band. Or at least the end of me being in the band. I glanced at Patrick and Pete who were talking about some new song. They could always just replace me with the fashion victim.* Ugh, just as I had given up my silly grudge at Andy I found myself being jealous of Pete.

Ok, that was bullshit. They weren´t gonna replace me with Pete.

"Ha ha, no, you don´t," Patrick playfully slapped his cousin on the arm.

Or were they?

Later that evening Patrick and I went home from Andy´s place. Pete had stayed to hang out with Joyce.

"Finally I have some one-on-one time with you," I moaned as we walked down the street.

"What´s that?"

"It´s like you and Pete are attached at the hip or something." I wished that had come out a little less bitchy and possessive.

Patrick smiled at me sweetly, "Oh, is our little Sheena jealous that big boy Patrick´s making new friends?"

"Do me one favor, don´t refer to yourself as big boy. That´s just plain wrong," I rolled my eyes and pulled a disgusted face.

He poked my side, "You ARE jealous, aren´t you?"

Yes.

"No!"

"Ah, come on," he placed his hand on my shoulder, "Pete tagged along for the sake of the band. It´s not like it was easy for me at first... but eventually it stopped bothering me to have him around. If Joyce wants to be with him that´s ok. I want her to be happy."

I wished I could be as understanding and selfless as him. But I wanted my Patrick back.

I sighed, "I just missed you when you were on tour, that´s all. And now it´s like Pete´s still hogging you."

Patrick winked at me, "We´ll hang out like we did before the tour, I promise... Unless you make me buy you girls´ stuff again."

I laughed, "Deal, Hatketeer."


___________________

* I remember somebody telling me not to be a "pussy" about this. ;) I think Crystal´s username would a supercool brandname for sanitary napkins. You know, those fancy scented ones...

** Why do I choose American English over British English in my university classes? That´s easy: The shades of subtelty. The finesse and elegance of even everyday colloquialisms. Dude.

* Bandgeekfreak, I hope you enjoy the parallel chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story